Open Bronze ingot recipe incorrect

D

dwright124

Summary of the problem Bronze ingot recipe incorrect

Pack Version 2.1.0

What is the bug? The recipe for bronze ingots (3 copper ingots, 1 tin ingot) yields 2 ingots while the dust recipe (3 copper dust, 1 tin dust) yields 4.

Mod & Version Forestry? (forestry_1.12.2-5.8.0.295.jar) and Thermal Foundation (ThermalFoundation-1.12.2-2.5.0.19-universal.jar)

Link to log file N/A

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix Change the ingot recipe to yield 4 ingots per craft

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Do U have GregTech?
In that mod it's normal: in ingot output is halved, in dust output is normal.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
This was changed by the FTB Team, whyever and whoever has had this stupied idea. Simply look into scripts/00_recipe_changes.zs Lines 123-127 (change 125 to * 4 instead to * 2 will fix this):

Original code:
Code:
    #Reduce crafting of bronze ingots to 2 from 4 in crafting table, various machine outputs are still 4
recipes.remove(<forestry:ingot_bronze>);
recipes.addShapeless(<thermalfoundation:material:163> * 4,
    [<ore:ingotCopper>, <ore:ingotCopper>, <ore:ingotCopper>, <ore:ingotTin>]
);

Not sure why, but never ever changes things which are intended by the mod authors!!!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Not sure why, but never ever changes things which are intended by the mod authors!!!

So your idea of making a mod pack is just to throw a bunch of mods in a folder and hope for the best?

The general idea of mod packs is just that, tweak and change so that the collection of mods work well together...

This was changed by the FTB Team, whyever and whoever has had this stupied idea.

...- sometimes that also include changing outcome of recipes to create some balance - or some other thought the pack maker had.

To call this stupid (and then also call the person/persons behind the idea stupid), that's just rude and so not needed here.

With that said:

Summary of the problem Bronze ingot recipe incorrect

The recipe is most likely as intended by the mod pack author.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
The recipe is most likely as intended by the mod pack author.
Is that so? Sorry to say this but I don't care about the intension from mod pack author as they is only secondary and the mod author intension is primary.

Note that this is my opinion and my point of view and I'll never change frome this. Take it or be quite, because every one has his own opinion and point of few which is legit
and not against any kind of rule. Don't forgett that I can say/write and this by law, what my opinion and my point of few is, due to the law of freedom of speech.

This change is stupied and I'll not change from this point!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
This is the only reply I will give on this, don't want to steal the thread - but I will not let it pass either.

Is that so? Sorry to say this but I don't care about the intension from mod pack author as they is only secondary and the mod author intension is primary.
Mod authors give their permissions for the mods to be used in the way that mod pack authors see fit, so in this you're wrong.
This is not a "but I think this, so therefor it's the right thing". It's just simple as - you're wrong. You can dislike it as much as you want, but that's all.

My guess is that most mod authors that give their permission for their mod to be used in a pack also like the idea of the mod beeing tweaked to function together with other mods.

Note that this is my opinion and my point of view and I'll never change frome this. Take it or be quite, because every one has his own opinion and point of few which is legit
and not against any kind of rule. Don't forgett that I can say/write and this by law, what my opinion and my point of few is, due to the law of freedom of speech.

First: - No one said that you're not entitled to your own opinion.

Second : Freedom of speech is not something that's valid all over this world we live in, and not even something that applies to this statement you made, or the respons I gave. Also mind that it's not a free pass of doing and saying what ever you please, even in places where that law is valid.

Third: You're right, there's no rule for having a opinion, but there's actually rules covering "be nice" and such. Calling people stupid is kind of breaking those rules.

Forth: Perhaps you should not spend time here on this forum, as all packs from FTB are tweaked to fit a in a bigger perspective, and from what you've said - this is something you don't like.

Ok, I think the poster above is trolling at this point.
Could be - and if that's the case, then I took the bait.

But looking at other posts from this person it's a lot of "stupid this" and "stupid that".

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Ok, I think the poster above is trolling at this point.

Reported and added to the ignore list, because I am not a troll and who ever is thinking in this direction should be quiet!

@grandrolf - Well, I like your arguments and I think to talk about that with you over PM, if this is ok for you. Maybe I am a bit harsh or getting angry to fast over many things but this is related to my own personality.
Compared to that what I have read from you, I would say that you are calm and try your best that - in this case - I understand why this change was applied. Simply send me a PM if you would like to talk about such things
with me. Maybe I get it then, why this - and other tweaks - where applied to modpacks.

Ok, before things are going to "explode" here, nothing else will follow, as I have written down it from my side a few posts ago. Also I revert that the person, which has made this tweak, is stupied but the tweak itself from my
side is stupied ;)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Reported and added to the ignore list, because I am not a troll and who ever is thinking in this direction should be quiet!

@grandrolf - Well, I like your arguments and I think to talk about that with you over PM, if this is ok for you. Maybe I am a bit harsh or getting angry to fast over many things but this is related to my own personality.
Compared to that what I have read from you, I would say that you are calm and try your best that - in this case - I understand why this change was applied. Simply send me a PM if you would like to talk about such things
with me. Maybe I get it then, why this - and other tweaks - where applied to modpacks.

Ok, before things are going to "explode" here, nothing else will follow, as I have written down it from my side a few posts ago. Also I revert that the person, which has made this tweak, is stupied but the tweak itself from my
side is stupied ;)
Reported.