Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks. I made a 16k one that stores almost all my important items that I have in pretty big numbers (1.5k redstone, 1k iron, 1k copper, and other stuff that I have hundreds of) along with important stuff like ender pearls and such. Fits quite nicely. Will make a few extra 4k and 1k drives for other misc items.

I found that a 1k drive works quite nicely for storing potions.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there any way to move a Replicator without losing the UU-Matter that's inside it? I'd initially hooked it up to my reactor, but I want to move it up by my solar array, which is providing far more power now.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there any way to move a Replicator without losing the UU-Matter that's inside it? I'd initially hooked it up to my reactor, but I want to move it up by my solar array, which is providing far more power now.
moving wand/teleposer i think works or u could try to drain the uum into a fluid tank from another mod

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I feel like my answer to every question is Mekanism Cardboard Box. If it's in the pack.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
moving wand/teleposer i think works or u could try to drain the uum into a fluid tank from another mod

Teleposer is a possibility - the fluid seems to be 'input only' as far as I can tell.

I feel like my answer to every question is Mekanism Cardboard Box. If it's in the pack.

Sadly, nothing cardboard in this pack. I have heard many amusing stories about what you can pack in boxes for transport.

EDIT: And then there's the kludge method: Bring down just enough UU-Matter to make an even multiple of 120, process out the iridium, and take the empty replicator upstairs.

Last edited:
L

Lythelos

Hi there, Gregtech newbie here. I have a simple question; I can't build a bed. Can anyone help explain to me as to why?

I have the 3 carpets, 3 planks of wood, 2 fence posts and the hammer required, all in the correct positions. But nothing is produced on the right side of the crafting screen. :\

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi there, Gregtech newbie here. I have a simple question; I can't build a bed. Can anyone help explain to me as to why?

I have the 3 carpets, 3 planks of wood, 2 fence posts and the hammer required, all in the correct positions. But nothing is produced on the right side of the crafting screen. :\
Can you let everyone know which version of Gregtech you're playing, and which pack you're playing?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Right, that would make sense...it's GT: New Horizons, and it's version MC1710.
Yeah I figured it might be GT:NH.
Truth is, the recipe you're seeing is very specific to that modpack (Rather than to gregtech, which doesn't modify the bed recipe iirc)
You might get an answer here, but you'll probably have more luck in their dedicated thread.

That said, I can give it a shot if you post me a screenshot of your crafting grid with nothing appearing on the output slot. My best guess is you're using the wrong hammer.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
L

Lythelos

Yeah I figured it might be GT:NH.
Truth is, the recipe you're seeing is very specific to that modpack (Rather than to gregtech, which doesn't modify the bed recipe iirc)
You might get an answer here, but you'll probably have more luck in their dedicated thread.

That said, I can give it a shot if you post me a screenshot of your crafting grid with nothing appearing on the output slot. My best guess is you're using the wrong hammer.
Right on, here is the screenshot. Sorry for the delays in my replies, real life is getting in the way, heh.

https://imgur.com/a/JL14xuM
JL14xuM
JL14xuM

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
(FTB Revelation) What is the difference between realistic and default world gen? Was realistic added by a mod?

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
(FTB Revelation) What is the difference between realistic and default world gen? Was realistic added by a mod?
I believe there is actually a mod called RTG, or Realistic Terrain Generation, that adds that as an option when creating new worlds and has its own algorithms.

EDIT: never mind, ignore me

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Chaps, can anyone remember what the mod/config option is that adds the worldgen stats (like the graph with the Y-level spread) to ores in JEI is called? I had it before but I just refreshed my personal pack and it's gorn.

Failing that, what's the default level CofH Aluminumnumnum spawns most commonly at?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's not showing up for some reason.

Hrm.

Not to worry, I've found Immersive Engineering's Bauxite is plentiful enough for my current purposes :)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Okay, thank you. But does Quark affect the default world gen as well? From Quark's website it seems so but in Revelation it isn't clear for me.
Pretty much everything in Quark is configuarble. I'm pretty sure there is nothing that can't be disabled via config.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
It's not showing up for some reason.

Hrm.

Not to worry, I've found Immersive Engineering's Bauxite is plentiful enough for my current purposes :)
theres a sampling command u need to run to have a current view of ore gen bound into jei by just enough resources i think (warning picking too high a number will make it take ages and ages,and be quite resource intensive pc wise ) typically mod packs that use this mod come with that already covered with the shipped configs + estra.