Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
the teleposer idea would work
id advise against going with the cursed earth idea because it would weaken ur lp income rate (the ritual can handle far more mobs then cursed is able to have spawned at a time )
that is actually a good thing lp production wise because keeping witches trapped inside the well's magic is one of the best sources of lp.
If u wanna add more clearing out power to the well there was an upgrade mentioned at some pt for the well of suffering using demon will that was called a "Witch killer" as a side name (but i cant find the reference for it that i remember seeing)
do note witches are technically immune to lava/fire so flooding the chamber with lava might kill off every mob in there besides witches.

*scratches the lava dispenser off the list* I was thinking it might give just enough extra damage to allow the ritual to kill them.

I don't mind the excessive amounts of LP, but - I kinda need the blood supply elsewhere, too. That and melting Endermen is 4-5 times more efficient than killing them with a sword for pearls. (1000 mB ResEnder per Enderman, and occasionally they drop a pearl as a bonus.) Just as a note, Blood Magic LP can't be substituted for TiCo Blood. If that had worked, Reggie would have become - expendable. :D If I can manage the spawn rate so that both structures get their share, a few immortal witches don't bother me.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good guide on how the new research system works in thaurmcraft 6? been playing around with it but i cant figure out how to use it

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
With IC2 Transformer Upgrades, each upgrade boosts you one tier, and they stack. For example, if you put one transformer upgrade in a Replicator (base power tier 2048 EU/t), it boosts it to being able to handle incoming power of 8192 EU/t (Glass Fibre cables). Is there anything that (codewise) prevents you from putting 'too many' upgrades in the machines? If you (can) put in two upgrades, there's no higher tier of supply, so that transformer would be wasted.

I've been upgrading my grid, and have a decent amount of gold cables on hand, and it would be very convenient if I could take a stack of Transformer Upgrades and just shift-click into each machine to take it to fibre-ready without looking up each tier.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know any good guides explaining exactly what machines and items are needed to fly to a different planet as the current modpack im playing has very expensive recipes and id just like to build the bare minimum to get to one of the planets that has the ore i need to progress

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
What mod do you want information on? Both Advanced Rocketry and Galacticraft have rockets to fly you to different planets.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Will something go horribly wrong if I manually add Thaumcraft and EnderIO to FTB Revelation? I suspect they will be added eventually but I am running out of patience :) .

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Simply put: maybe.

Both are currently in Beta, I believe; certainly unfinished. As is always the case in these situations, its your game - add at your own peril, and don't expect any support if it does go wrong.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Okay, thank you, I will do my best to wait until they are out of Beta at least, I hope it won't take that long...

C

Citron

Okay, thank you, I will do my best to wait until they are out of Beta at least, I hope it won't take that long...
I'm playing with EnderIO 1.12 and it's pretty stable. For Thaumcraft, wait until a stable release, it's dangerous to play with the beta builds at this time.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I'm playing with EnderIO 1.12 and it's pretty stable. For Thaumcraft, wait until a stable release, it's dangerous to play with the beta builds at this time.
Awesome that EnderIO is pretty stable, thank you for telling me that. How about Blood Magic? Did they fix that Chisel conflict?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Anything like progressive automation for 1.12? Looking for an extremely light tech mod that does basic tech. Like the tree farm and miner. Trying to do a sort of vanilla+ pack cause I got burnt out on the huge packs

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
What's the current state of tools used in story or progression modpack creation for 1.12.2? I want to try my luck at creating one, but I don't know enough about this.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What's the current state of tools used in story or progression modpack creation for 1.12.2? I want to try my luck at creating one, but I don't know enough about this.
OK, so I can only offer suggestions based on what I've seen done in existing modpacks; I don't know how helpful that will be though. Modern Skyblock 3: Departed seems to hide or block recipes until a certain stage is unlocked in the quest book (in the latter case, offering a tooltip mentioning which stage needs unlocking first). I'm not sure how it does this, but I think it uses the vanilla recipe system present in 1.12.

In SevTech Ages, a similar method is used, in that certain recipes are just plain hidden until you reach that stage; in the case of SevTech it uses the Advancements system (with the mod Better Advancements) to lay out the progression path, and stages progressively unlock as you achieve certain Advancements. Anything you have that's above your stage is listed as an "Unfamiliar Item", and while they can be picked up and go in your inventory, if you try to hold them in your hotbar the item immediately drops on the floor.

Forever Stranded: Lost Souls has quest book, with certain chapters required to unlock others, however it uses a different system in that it gates blocks and items behind a set of "skills" - you spend XP to level these up, and items cannot be used, blocks cannot be placed etc if you do not have the correct skills at the required levels.

As for story, I haven't seen much done with that; Modern Skyblock is very much all about teaching you to use different mods (mod recipes are almost entirely unaltered) and obtaining resources using the Sky Resources mod. I would say, that offers some really interesting alternative ways of crafting things. FS:LS only has story in start chapter of the book, there's not much else. Likewise, SevTech is a primal, slow learning and progressing experience that has minimal outside prompting beyond the advancements, to keep the "feel" of the pack I think.

I suspect that with a bit of imagination you could turn a number of these various facets that different packs use towards whatever progression feel you want. As for story, I'm not sure; I don't know whether you could have progression chapters hidden until you visit a location or not, but I'm sure there's something of an RPG feel you could give a pack if you wanted to. I don't know how Sprout went about things, but I heard that had more of a roleplaying feel to it.

EDIT: Hopefully a nice simple question:

Does anyone know what mod adds in the 3D rendered fish that swim about in the water in SevTech? They look amazing, and I'd basically want them in any custom pack I put together :D

So; Just A Few Fish is the mod I was interested in :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexiy

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
EDIT: Hopefully a nice simple question:

Does anyone know what mod adds in the 3D rendered fish that swim about in the water in SevTech? They look amazing, and I'd basically want them in any custom pack I put together :D

So; Just A Few Fish is the mod I was interested in :)

If you've been following the snapshots, Vanilla 1.13 is going to have swimmy fish. Puffer fish will actually be useful for more than 'water breathing' pots. (And this forum doesn't have the evil smiley.)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
T

twilightdenka

Hello! Trying to buy a server so that my friends and I can play whenever we want while others may not be available/at home. I've read that some bigger FTB mod pack collections require at least 4gb of ram, does this hold true even if it's just going to be 1-8 players online at any given time, or can I afford to purchase a smaller server (say 1-3gb?) Thanks!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In the SevTech pack, what mod adds the horse powered sawmill & grinder?