Good vs. Evil

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
c2e96daa9eb1fc8750bfbdb0e52f7586366a36deee97ae6d7f449dbfd5ee3d25.jpg

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
51 and.... I have a new worst teacher on this school.

Its the first lesson from him and pretty much all he did was going through some slides too quick for anyone to read while his head was resting on his other hand. Sometimes he said a few words like
"The yellow part is a LAN" while that was also very clearly on the slide. Note there was a lot of more text on that slide as well.

This guy was really not even trying to hide his boredom.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
53 We should be able to get the slides.

Also, "fun" fact: Working with cisco's packet tracer apparently counts as a practicum. Maybe I'm just spoiled but on my last school where we got the same class we used that program more or less to sketch a network to show we knew the theory before we actually made a real network using the things we learned.

And yes, this was actually good hardware though perhaps a bit dated. We where working with 4 professional switches and a router and there where 4 sets of this in total that could get connected. Each set also contained 4 computers one running some version of windows server we used to host sites and setup DNS to show the network worked.

Don't get me wrong, the software looks good but nothing can beat working with real hardware and I have defiantly a lot more better memories working with others to setup those networks with real hardware than to draw and configure them in that program. (Except when the household router got into play. That thing was an absolute bitch that I never managed to get to work)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55 yep, it was fun. Now though.... not sure if it will be.

Anyway, the class is worth 4 points instead of 2 so.... that is nice.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
54. Speaking of tracing packets, Parcelfarce were supposed to be picking up a delivery someone else organised from our Post Room yesterday. I've left it up to the person organising that to check on it, but just in case I thought I'd check the tracking number. It says "Collection attempted - customer not available". Now, I left it in our university post room, which is pretty damn clearly marked, so unless there was absolutely no-one manning either the post office or the security station opposite, I don't think that driver tried especially hard.

I don't really give a rat's ass about the parcel - I'll be glad to see it gone - I just don't want the guy its going to having a whinge at me.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
55 Thankfully I haven't had issues with that myself, but I imagine it will occur as time progresses.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
55 Unfortunately. Hopefully not too soon, as I have a package that should arrive on Monday, and I'll only be in this building a couple weeks past that, as school is ending.