Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
13 ?

Both problems are now fixed. This leaves me with just the misterously printed numbers at the left side. I guess I just need to grep the contents of each file to search for print statements to find those though.
upload_2018-4-19_12-55-25.png

Its a bit of a mess due to the command ending but I hope its visible that the blue square is in front of everything and the red one is behind everything. The command output is in the middle of the two.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
13 so, with this done I just need to
  • decide a font size
  • make it so screens can get input
  • make sure feh works nicely on my laptop
  • make sure the terminal I'm going to use works nicely on my laptop
  • make sure awesome works nice on my laptop
  • get the correct xrandr command ready as I'll probably need it
  • actually use it to make the presentation
This, needs to be done before the end of this school year. Shouldn't be too hard? I hope.

I can also try to be fancy and install a terminal that can display images directly inside of it instead of using feh. But... I feel that that may cause a lot of headaches. Just using awesome to remove titlebars, go fullscreen and to have an easy way to kill feh is probably better.

To be honest, even if I need to look up the xrandr command, for as long as I only use the terminal and its visible I can probably get away with it

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
and.....lets see how big of a rabbit hole we can make by stacking various programming language implementations.
we start with brainfuck and lets build its implementation in Haxe which compiles to lua. We run our lua script using Javascript which it self runs on java. Additionally, we make sure the java thing runs inside .net core and finish it off by using the WASM version of .net core.

I'm currently at 7. Can anyone improve it? Also, I guess that technically the WASM environment is made in C/C++ which compiles to assembly so...technically 9?

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
7. But you don't count because as far as I can tell from your posts you may or may not go to any kind of school and you don't have a job.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
8 why do you think I'm not going to school?
I've complained enough about the test software here, about group projects and now am making a presentation using the terminal......

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
8 actually, I technically don't. Its just that this week there where only re-exams(?) and I didn't fail any. The week before that where also just tests but we don't have many so I was free for most of the week.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
9 I've got weeks where not much happens, Those just aren't happening right now. We're getting towards the end of the semester so things are getting busy.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
10 is it just me or is this battle just both the best and the worst?

edit: The time doesn't get saved by the forum. It should be around 8 minutes and 50 seconds

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
10. I was going to make a global warming joke then, on account of it being both "cool", and "climactic", which sounds a bit like "climatic". Then I realised it was terrible, so I thought I'd write this instead.