What recording software do you use?

H

Hurst_Quayzar

I haven't played around too much with recording Gameplay, but I was able to capture some footage from the in game recording software. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working. So, I was wondering what do you all use? Thanks in advance...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I haven't done a whole lot, but what I did I did with "LoiLo Game Recorder". It is free with no watermarks etc. You can buy additional editing software. Really simple to use and in general just no bullshit. It does what it says it does.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've switched up to using OBS. It's totally free, has a noise gate to help with background noises, and a few other cool features. It takes a bit to setup recording instead of streaming, but the video will go straight to Youtube.

Loilo is also pretty awesome. No noise gate though, so it'll pick up anything your mic hears.

Reactions: rhn

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Personally i'm using a two PC setup now. One i use to play on, the other to record. My recording PC has an elgato HD pro 60 installed, which just captures the entire screen of my gaming PC.

Before that i used OBS to record. It'ss free, easy to setup, has lots of options and pretty good CPU performance wise. Can't recommend it enough!
Small tip, no matter what you end up with, always make sure to record game audio and your microphone on two separate channels so that you can adjust volume and cut out game or commentary without affecting the other.
OBS has some built-in options for that as well!

-SC

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to sink some money in Fraps is fantastic. Easy to use, and quite simple. Only main problem are the files it generates are massive. Shouldn't be a problem though if you have at least 1TB of storage.

N

No U-Turn

I am using fraps/ShareX/XSplit/Audacity depending on what game and what the outcome should be. There is no one size fits all in my opinion.

JackelWolf

Nov 12, 2017
I've switched up to using OBS. It's totally free, has a noise gate to help with background noises, and a few other cool features. It takes a bit to setup recording instead of streaming, but the video will go straight to Youtube.

Loilo is also pretty awesome. No noise gate though, so it'll pick up anything your mic hears.

I agree. OBS is great. I usually only use it to record the video and in-game audio only. For commentary, I use Audacity. That way I can adjust the in-game sound up or down, or turn it off if it suddenly gets too loud, without affecting the commentary.

Reactions: BiggJ39
B

Bishnu Gupta

Camtasia works good for screen recording, you can even record yourself on the side using webcam.

Reactions: JackelWolf

BiggJ39

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. OBS is great. I usually only use it to record the video and in-game audio only. For commentary, I use Audacity. That way I can adjust the in-game sound up or down, or turn it off if it suddenly gets too loud, without affecting the commentary.

I do the same thing! OBS and Audacity!