OP FTB Pyramid Trick

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Warning: May Be Patched
The Resource Generator Uses 2,000 RF to make One Charcoal, One Charcoal in a Furnace Generator makes 16,000 RF. You can create a system using transfer pipes and an energy cell to have infinite charcoal and infinite power.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
V

vegeta897

You can also use numismatic dynamos with emeralds (or even better, diamonds with the lapidary augment).

It must be intentional.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Isn't there supposed to be harder modes forthcoming? Maybe that sort of shenanigan is only forbidden in the hard modes, while we're playing on easy or some such.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there supposed to be harder modes forthcoming? Maybe that sort of shenanigan is only forbidden in the hard modes, while we're playing on easy or some such.

That's my feeling. This mode does seem to be more for people getting used to mods.

Reactions: Pyure

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, you are using up the entire resgen though to produce only 8x more power, which would then need to power other resgens to create resources to use and other machines. Yes it's infinite but resgen speed is also important. Not sure what the power limit on the creation of resgens but you do require more power per a resgen the more resgens you make.

With that said I'm looking at coal from resgen to pulverizer to magma crucible to 2 stills to compression dynamos. A quick and likely slightly inaccurate calculation in my test world suggests that a single resgen can create ~ 13000 RF/T using 16 or so compression dynamos upgraded to resonent tier with 3 auxillary transmission coils and a ignition plug. All other machines were upgraded with speed upgrades minus the specilization in the stills for better refined fuel production. Could get more RF/T using more dynamos with some efficiency upgrades. As a bonus only 1 pulverizer,1 magma crucible, and 2 stills were needed to fully max out the resgen when the machines were fully upgraded.

edit: apparently the upper limit on resource gen power creation power usage is only 1 million RF. So it probably wouldn't be that bad to create the extra generators for charcoal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ingebrigt.melling

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Overall not really. It's 5 blocks of iron, 1 block of redstone and 3 wood planks. There is a energy cost. Believe first use is something like 25k RF then second use is something like 200k then a million RF. first two numbers are likely a bit off. When I first made the post I only made 3, So I figured the cost constantly increased since the powered crafter has a 62m RF buffer. However I crafted 2 more and they maintained the 1m RF cost.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Overall not really. It's 5 blocks of iron, 1 block of redstone and 3 wood planks. There is a energy cost. Believe first use is something like 25k RF then second use is something like 200k then a million RF. first two numbers are likely a bit off. When I first made the post I only made 3, So I figured the cost constantly increased since the powered crafter has a 62m RF buffer. However I crafted 2 more and they maintained the 1m RF cost.
Still, I like the idea. Its a "soft control" towards mitigating abuse, which I like to see in game design.

It means we can have a steady trickle of infinite resources but scaling it up isn't (quite) as simple.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Welp at this point for me, FTB Pyramid is little more than a crafting montage for all the complicated recipes and me lugging charcoal for my EU and RF generators. Yawn

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I have persevered and am close to finishing the two power quests. Unfortunately, you can't do anything else until you've finished those quests.