Solved I died, and lost all my starting items for the red team. (singleplayer)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
The guide does not give any information on how or where to get a replacement set of starting items if you fall into the void and lose them. I found something mentioned somewhere on one of the sings about a 5 minute cooldown timer but have no idea what that is for and can't find it again. It stated that I shouldn't go breaking anything on the quest island so I am reluctant to break anything between my starting island and the questing platform, including the quest items island section.

I'm currently stuck without a sapling or bonemeal, they were lost in the void.

If there's a way I'm missing to reset the island I joined the team for, please let me know.

It would be helpful if there was a more clearly defined early game guide that shows how to get a new set of starting items.

The guide does not currently have a list of what starting items you should find in the chest on the island once teleported to it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
The replacement items are in the panic chest, but yeah we are making the documentation a lot clearer for the next version.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I noticed a pressure plate and had no idea what it was for. Where is it located? The thing about these big maps is there's no screenshot showing where everything that's essential is located. That would be helpful for finding things faster and navigating around.

An idea that comes to mind would be to use a mapping mod, such as Journeymap for example, and set up publicly visible (that is, visible to all players) waypoints showing where key features on the map are located.

There was also a recent skyblock map, Modern Skyblock, that had a mod in it that caused you to just reappear at your starting point instead of dying in the void, if you fell into it. Is that even possible to implement on this map?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
yea the spawn point thing has been fixed and to tell you where stuff is i mean its not that big of and island

That's not what I thought when I first logged into this map: Me: "This map is huge!" Then again, I'm easily impressed. Also, the thing I liked about the original FTB Pyramid map was that you started above the island in singleplayer, and there was actually a map specifically for singleplayer where you didn't actually need to worry about teams and the goals were different. First impressions of a map count for a lot, I like this map so fur, but I also find it lacking certain key aspects. More improvements are needed, please! :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid