Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

Mimixer

A question for Farming Valley modpack:
Can anyone help me? Currently, I'm mining in the mine, and for some reasons, it doesn't give me the ladder to go down anymore (I'm only at lv 2, about y=200, so there's no way it ended that soon). I tried forcing my way down w/ creative, and the next floor does not have a ladder going up or down, and I don't see any floor underneath it. Help!!
*additional question: In case I did break the mine, are there any ways to reset it? I don't want to restart the pack, I'm already a year (in-game) in...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A question for Farming Valley modpack:
Can anyone help me? Currently, I'm mining in the mine, and for some reasons, it doesn't give me the ladder to go down anymore (I'm only at lv 2, about y=200, so there's no way it ended that soon). I tried forcing my way down w/ creative, and the next floor does not have a ladder going up or down, and I don't see any floor underneath it. Help!!
*additional question: In case I did break the mine, are there any ways to reset it? I don't want to restart the pack, I'm already a year (in-game) in...
There are other mentions online of that happening but i cant remember what the rest of the discussion was on them .
The hf mining world is a separate dimension , so if u did screw up u could/can just remove the mining dimension save data (it seems to be dim 4).
As always when ur messing around save make a copy/backup of the entire saves folder just incase something breaks

Reactions: Mimixer

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple question, I can't find any info on the answer: What's the maximum range between a Deep Resonance crystal and the Energy Collector block that goes on top of the generator? And is that range based on a spherical distance or a cubic one? Also, is there any effect of distance on the power generated or anything like that?

I suppose that's a few questions really...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know of one though I've seen them up to 4 blocks away from it. Etho did that when he was playing in a 1.10 mod pack.
Cheers Tri. I don't want to ping McJty on this as I've already asked in his Discord and heard nothing back, so if no-one knows for sure, I may just have to do some experimenting. I'll leave the question open for now, if I find a definitive answer, I'll update or post again.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
It appears to be configurable. Just quickly looked through the source code, seeing as it's on Github anyway, and found this code:
Code:
for (int y = yCoord - ConfigMachines.Collector.maxVerticalCrystalDistance ; y <= yCoord + ConfigMachines.Collector.maxVerticalCrystalDistance ; y++) {
            if (y >= 0 && y < getWorld().getHeight()) {
                int maxhordist = ConfigMachines.Collector.maxHorizontalCrystalDistance;
                for (int x = xCoord - maxhordist; x <= xCoord + maxhordist; x++) {
for (int z = zCoord - maxhordist; z <= zCoord + maxhordist; z++) {

Which makes it seem like there are seperate configs for vertical and horizontal distance, and it's a cubic distance.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It appears to be configurable. Just quickly looked through the source code, seeing as it's on Github anyway, and found this code:
Code:
for (int y = yCoord - ConfigMachines.Collector.maxVerticalCrystalDistance ; y <= yCoord + ConfigMachines.Collector.maxVerticalCrystalDistance ; y++) {
            if (y >= 0 && y < getWorld().getHeight()) {
                int maxhordist = ConfigMachines.Collector.maxHorizontalCrystalDistance;
                for (int x = xCoord - maxhordist; x <= xCoord + maxhordist; x++) {
for (int z = zCoord - maxhordist; z <= zCoord + maxhordist; z++) {

Which makes it seem like there are seperate configs for vertical and horizontal distance, and it's a cubic distance.
Blimey. I'm not really sure how to read that...! Is it possible to pull any figures out of that, or do you need numbers that are defined elsewhere?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Blimey. I'm not really sure how to read that...! Is it possible to pull any figures out of that, or do you need numbers that are defined elsewhere?

The first couple of lines in machines.cfg are:

Code:
collector {
  # Maximum horizontal distance to look for crystals [range: 1 ~ 16, default: 10]
  I:maxHorizontalCrystalDistance=10

# Maximum vertical distance to look for crystals [range: 1 ~ 16, default: 1]
  I:maxVerticalCrystalDistance=1
}

Looks like they're what you're looking for.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The first couple of lines in machines.cfg are:

Code:
collector {
  # Maximum horizontal distance to look for crystals [range: 1 ~ 16, default: 10]
  I:maxHorizontalCrystalDistance=10

# Maximum vertical distance to look for crystals [range: 1 ~ 16, default: 1]
  I:maxVerticalCrystalDistance=1
}

Looks like they're what you're looking for.
That’s brilliant, thank you @SolManX! That also means that my original plan to have a series of 8 crystals arranged like the corners of a cube around a central collector will not work. Time for a rethink...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
That’s brilliant, thank you @SolManX! That also means that my original plan to have a series of 8 crystals arranged like the corners of a cube around a central collector will not work. Time for a rethink...

Not entirely sure why it wouldn't - you have a max horizontal distance (default of 10) and a max vertical distance (default of 10), so that looks like a cubic range of 21x21x21, centered on your collector. I'd see if putting one at a short-distance angle (like relative coordinates of 4,4,4) connects to the collector.

If it has to be on a direct line (or if it used a Manhattan metric like the QED), you could put 6 in an octahedral arrangement.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not entirely sure why it wouldn't - you have a max horizontal distance (default of 10) and a max vertical distance (default of 10), so that looks like a cubic range of 21x21x21, centered on your collector. I'd see if putting one at a short-distance angle (like relative coordinates of 4,4,4) connects to the collector.

If it has to be on a direct line (or if it used a Manhattan metric like the QED), you could put 6 in an octahedral arrangement.
The numbers @SolManX quoted were for a max vertical distance of 1, not 10 - if that’s a typo and it’s actually 10, that’s awesome! I definitely need to check.

You could put one below, if Line of Sight isn’t needed, but the collector can only go on the top of a block, so you’d need to think about it looks wise.

My alternative to the 8 as cube vertices was just having them octagonally arranged in the same plane - in a spherical or circular chamber that could still look cool! Aesthetics are a concern for me ;) But, if they need to be in a line that wouldn’t work. I don’t think they do though - again, that needs checking I guess!

I’d better make a note of what I need to check!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The numbers @SolManX quoted were for a max vertical distance of 1, not 10 - if that’s a typo and it’s actually 10, that’s awesome! I definitely need to check.

You could put one below, if Line of Sight isn’t needed, but the collector can only go on the top of a block, so you’d need to think about it looks wise.

My alternative to the 8 as cube vertices was just having them octagonally arranged in the same plane - in a spherical or circular chamber that could still look cool! Aesthetics are a concern for me ;) But, if they need to be in a line that wouldn’t work. I don’t think they do though - again, that needs checking I guess!

Just to be sure, it's not a typo - Horiz=10 and Vert=1 are the defaults. If you're able to change configs though, you can bump both of these distances up to 16.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Just to be sure, it's not a typo - Horiz=10 and Vert=1 are the defaults. If you're able to change configs though, you can bump both of these distances up to 16.

I misread - but still, it is configurable, so that's something. :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
M

Mimixer

There are other mentions online of that happening but i cant remember what the rest of the discussion was on them .
The hf mining world is a separate dimension , so if u did screw up u could/can just remove the mining dimension save data (it seems to be dim 4).
As always when ur messing around save make a copy/backup of the entire saves folder just incase something breaks
I tried it, and it did fix the issue, thank you for this :D

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know of anything other than the Hazmat Suit that protects against IC2 radiation? Would love to upgrade to something with a bit more protection against non-radiation.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The only other thing was Thaumcraft's (And later Thaumic Tinkerer's) Talisman of Remedium. But all it did was remove the hunger effect.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The draconic helmet from Draconic Evolution does remove the radiation, if you can stand your shield continuously being damaged. It's really loud, but it does work, from what I remember.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I know the Modular Powersuits had bee protection, I think some versions also had the ability to be radiation protected, but I am not certain of that.
MPS had radiation protection for the Atomic Science mod, not sure about IC2 though.

There's a thought - I wonder if any mods have cross-compatibility to allow Deep Resonance's radiation suit to be incorporated into armour?