Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone know if it's possible to disable the "soandso moved too quickly" thing? Or is that the server holding itself together? If it's just some kind of cheat limiter thing, we don't need it, lol

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Well, the stupid answer is use a computer mod. I don't know if Computer Craft exists for 1.10, but it's Robots would be perfect. They could either attempt to access a drawer controller, or individual drawers. For pulling from AE, you program a bunch of interfaces with the items you want to be able to pull and then the robot can grab from those. Then once they have the items, they can move to a loader and deposit them.

Open Computers might do similar, but I don't even pretend to understand Open Computers. (I can make it turn on, and that's about it.) It has Drones that can provide the same functions as CC robots, but they're more complex to build and ultimately more complex to program.

Or... well, you could use RFTools control. You'd have to manually program it to check when it receives a Redstone Signal, and then program it to supply a stack of whatever item you've placed into the inventory it's monitoring into the loader. So you request Oak Planks, you take your ender pouch and put one oak plank into it. The chest now has contents, a comparator register's something is in the chest, setting off RFTools to look at the contents. It finds the plank, sets that as the item it's moving, moves one stack from the drawers for example, into the Railcraft loader. Then it goes back to sleep. It should only run on the first changed signal, not on a constant one.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I didn't even think of that. I've never used a computer mod. I have open computers on my pack, figuring I might give it a shot at some point, but I don't think I'm ready to get that deep into it. Discovering these portable grid things might have been good enough to keep me busy awhile anyway.

I'll do something with track just to do something with tracks, so it's no biggie.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Anyone know if it's possible to disable the "soandso moved too quickly" thing? Or is that the server holding itself together? If it's just some kind of cheat limiter thing, we don't need it, lol
You can only disable it for elytra users by setting gamerule "disableElytraMovementCheck true".

Reactions: Drbretto

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I mean I have a train pulling 3 Flux carts moving power from my power station to my house in my 1.7.10 world and it's not enough. I need a bigger train I think. Alternately, a chest cart full of charged flux capacitors would work much much better. (As would teleportation, but that doesn't use trains.)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I could probably get much more energy density by moving fluids around, but like a Dimensional Transceiver, that seems too easy.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That is the problem, isn't it? It's either easy or cool most of the time. I can't resist those conveniences, but they just overshadow so much creativity.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest having centralized item depost and sorting, but localized storage. This allows you to dump everything in one place, but gives rails a purpose for delivering the inventory from sorting to processing to storage in a sane-ish manner. It's not the per order delivery you were asking about, but it's a natural way to disperse stock in an orderly fashion (using rails, of course).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I think that's about the only way it can be done. I might have to set it up so, let's say, 15% of the andesite that I put into the main storage gets routed to this base, while 15% goes to this other base and the remaining 70% gets put into my RS storage or something.

But that's still not that practical. It's cool, especially once I have some kind of auto-mining going on and I'd be seeing these carts moving around all over the place, and that's like 92% of the idea. But I'll always know that I could just pull anything I want from this magical device in my inventory, lol..

But, maybe not. It's easier to pull stuff up if they're in storage drawers at the location or something. I'll just have to figure out a way to properly split up the common items so I don't have to bounce around everywhere.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I find having a 2x2 drawer, even the thin one, of common materials is enough for most locations. You're rarely going to need more than a stack of something (aside from mass building materials, which should be housed appropriately) in most locations, and if you find yourself using more than that, it's time to consider automation for that process anyway.

The only uncommon common material I can think of is Ender Pearls, since so many mods use them to gate progression. Maybe diamonds and emeralds fit that mold too, but every other resource will be overflowing before you know it, given your mining ability and personal storage system.

C

Closet Gamer

I think that's about the only way it can be done. I might have to set it up so, let's say, 15% of the andesite that I put into the main storage gets routed to this base, while 15% goes to this other base and the remaining 70% gets put into my RS storage or something.

But that's still not that practical. It's cool, especially once I have some kind of auto-mining going on and I'd be seeing these carts moving around all over the place, and that's like 92% of the idea. But I'll always know that I could just pull anything I want from this magical device in my inventory, lol..

But, maybe not. It's easier to pull stuff up if they're in storage drawers at the location or something. I'll just have to figure out a way to properly split up the common items so I don't have to bounce around everywhere.
I'm pretty sure (now that I'm an expert after mucking about with it for 10+ minutes) that you could do this with RFTools control. I know you can wirelessly send commands to the node. It'll be complex but it could be the win. Check out part two of dw20's mod spotlight and you'll see what I mean.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Being the train nut that I am. (Any accounts of wizardry are the result of rose tinted eyewear.) This is what I did, was bring materials from the Quarry, back to the storage system, then send it out with a second train away to processing. And then that train also brought back the processed materials.

An alternative, is if you have Immersive Integration, is to run AE wiring over IE power poles and then you've got access anywhere. But it doesn't work because you're using RS instead.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm pretty sure (now that I'm an expert after mucking about with it for 10+ minutes) that you could do this with RFTools control. I know you can wirelessly send commands to the node. It'll be complex but it could be the win. Check out part two of dw20's mod spotlight and you'll see what I mean.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

I was actually planning to dive b****s deep into all of the RF Tools stuff soon, so I will definitely look into this.

I've never been able to sit through a spotlight in my life, though. I'll just have to get in there and hit things with a wrench until it works. Thanks for the tip!

C

Closet Gamer

I was actually planning to dive b****s deep into all of the RF Tools stuff soon, so I will definitely look into this.

I've never been able to sit through a spotlight in my life, though. I'll just have to get in there and hit things with a wrench until it works. Thanks for the tip!
Haha cool. I'm the same really, I tinkered with it and figured out some stuff. It's fairly straight forward once you get the hang of it. A little background knowledge of how programs work (functions, variables, logic tests etc) helps a lot but you'll do just fine with the built in manual.

------------------------