Problem How do I update Forge from 12.18.3.2422 to 12.18.3.2488 or above in FTB Beyond 1.10.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to return to playing FTB Beyond and I've come across a problem. After updating the pack and all mods installed to their latest versions, I launched the game and got an error massage telling me RFTools needs to have Forge 12.18.3.2488 or above to work properly. After some troubleshooting, I decided to install the latest version of Forge, 12.18.3.2511, for 1.10.2 inside the minecraftforge folder, but the pack still defaults to 12.18.3.2422 when I open it. Any ideas on how to fix this and properly update the pack to 12.18.3.2488 or higher?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If your'e running it through Twitch, you change it in your profile settings. Click into the screen where you can see your mod list, hit the [...] button on the upper-right, go to profile options and pick the version of forge you want to run.

But the fact that it's not running with the default settings tells me you've done something to break it most likely. Because it should run on its own.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Stupid question, but you didn't try loading the newest version of RFTools into that older pack, did you? Only in a very few cases did that work, such as adding 1.10 mods to a 1.8 pack or 1.11 into a 1.10 pack.

Updating to a Forge version for a newer pack version breaks things good as well. Verify that Forge matches your pack version and then that the mods in question work with that Forge version.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Updating RFTools and Forge will work with this pack, I did it myself. What launcher are you using?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Twitch launcher. I really didn't know you can update forge from the launcher. Makes me feel stupid for doing that complicated method I described earlier that doesn't work.

M

Miningman69

i want to do something similar. Did u have to download all the mods manually or is there a more automatic way to do it?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
i want to do something similar. Did u have to download all the mods manually or is there a more automatic way to do it?
You can download compatible mods from the launcher clicking on Get More Content, then typing in the search bar which mod you wish to download. I stopped downloading mods from other websites because I ran into issues that way. I always download mods over the Twitch app.