C

Closet Gamer

C

Closet Gamer

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, but... the Spaghetti! :D I prefer to use Trains for most of the long distance things. I only use Logistics bots for feeding things like the Rocket Silo or turrets. Mostly I use lots of building bots.

I really liked Pneaumaticraft's Logistic Drones. Pity I never got to play with them in more than Modular Mayhem, where I had everything bootstrapped together. I blew up so many charging stations... Still it was hilarious to play with Factorio inspired Minecraft mods, considering Minecraft mods inspired Factorio.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Yes, but... the Spaghetti! :D I prefer to use Trains for most of the long distance things. I only use Logistics bots for feeding things like the Rocket Silo or turrets. Mostly I use lots of building bots.

I really liked Pneaumaticraft's Logistic Drones. Pity I never got to play with them in more than Modular Mayhem, where I had everything bootstrapped together. I blew up so many charging stations... Still it was hilarious to play with Factorio inspired Minecraft mods, considering Minecraft mods inspired Factorio.

I love the trains aspect of the game. My default world was very large mineral deposits spaced wide apart just so I could make a huge train network to drag copper and iron back to my base! I never actually completed the game though.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've got small but rich deposits, so I'll need a lot of them to get the resources moving at the speed necessary to keep everything going.

Ah yes, Chrome, my old enemy. I remember trying to get chrome way back in Ultimate, when Tech Reborn was Gregtech (before he went completely nuts.) My first Youtube Video, is actually showing off the setup I made to process Bauxite. Chrome was such a nightmare back then, because there were only GT Rubies. (There were RP2 ones, but they didn't work.)

C

Closet Gamer

Gah! Bee automation! I'm tearing my hair out. I've got my apiaries self feeding with common Queens and common drones - no problem. Common drones and queens out if the wazoo. What I want to do now is filter out cultivated bees to prevent cross breeding, then when I have a few cultivated I will ditch the commons and switch to automated cultivated bees. Rinse and repeat.

The bit I can't do is filter out the cultivated bees. Ignore Meta data/ignore NBT in enderIO advanced filters doesn't seem to work - it either filter everything apart from that sepcific bee or let all bees thought - the result is commons breeding with cultivated.

Any tips guys?

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have never, once, considered the possibility, or sanity, of trying to automate the process of mutation. But. If you are doing bees: you want the "Forestry Species Item Filter" for Ender IO, not the NBT tag one.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Add Gendustry.... For your sanity. Bees are one of the worst forms of RNG, you'll ever experience.
Direwolf20 Did it, and he is one of the primary youtubers for FTB and one of the faces of modded minecraft.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My preference is EnderIO conduits in Self-feed mode, and then let the apiary fill. Then I take the bees and analyze them, and cross-breed manually.

Do yourself a favor and make an ABee2 system. AE mini-network with some power, a storage bus on an Apiarist Chest, and a terminal, gives you the ability to search through the bees in the chest without sitting there paging through the entire thing for each bee visually.

Annoyingly Buildcraft skipped 1.10, which means you can't get the Apiarist Pipe which has built-in functionality for this sort of thing.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really not fussed about specific traits and stuff, I'm just going to brute force my way through bees with AoE as they are not a huge part, all I want to do is breed tons and capture the mutations as they appear.

I find the best way to deal with this is
1. Actually use the escritoire with the drones you make. Learning a research note from it improves your chance of a mutation by 5%.
2. Scale Horizontally: Create 10 or more Apiaries and a similar number of Bee Houses. Stock all the apiaries with bees you are trying to mutate, and bee houses with bees that have a species mutation on only 1 allele that you are trying to purify.
3. Use Apiarists Chests to quickly test bees to see if they are pure bred or have a 2nd species allele before wasting honey drops analyzing them.
4. Spare drones go back into research to get more honey combs and better mutation % rates.
5. You can use ignoble princesses in bee houses to breed with drones that are carrying a species mutation you want to purify. Just don't put them in apiaries by mistake.
6. Signs help you remember which apiaries and bee houses are doing what.