What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Aw man, if you're referring to Astral Sorcery, I am so looking forward to getting stuck into that - I've watched a couple of mod spotlights, and man that is beautiful!

Yep, Astral Sorcery, and it does have some beautiful special effects. I'm just getting into the real meat of the mod, at this point. You might want some form of flight, as the luminous crafting table (+ upgrades) does better high up, and the later versions have a supporting structure you have to build and expand. I suppose you could get by with a ladder/stairs up and a large platform, but flight is so much more convenient.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
a little 'niggle' about designing Project Red IC's (for MC version 1.7.10)

dont use bundled cables in the schematics. This resulted in many hours of fsck'ing, tearing up blueprints, and going nearly bald.
ignore what i said...apparently routing signals across multiple IC's is the culprit..not the ic design itself. im getting the same problem I had before, again
let me illustrate:
4L_MDuoOeoowCHbdTdKPtq3Z-MBr90SrcdTy4jZqNnnZGxWhFgJAuskcO70C5aC9yUD1TL89q_0rt2aELQZvc6kklQI4hXJQW_cWOpWRbkwLt--g5jvGVea8J8qC8vAxyrXpqi8qaz5PAt_gDG7as4IxrTdC_TA4_6SsYdOFOip6jVlMHIigChVaDa_JhE4gAKKoqTy5cpYRn398LrFxTgt0u8RAgk2yoARIAg_heP-59hgOXQnzhHnMpVbzjsrSYS_6R7eEDU-8pNammdV-If-dYHO7CVtky0w1zyu1G_xe6PUDw2enVjJBdewhx4U94Rci8qX1FLylL06HiskNm71T62rfk1c9bJTgFBmueJv9egY5EekBZHUa-1VrWBT8Lt5WM1VIlYvbd5I38sUuZSTxTU0A82S2mANWJIVsczRDByfqU6ZZ7fLz3FkBm7EHamLqzDdhQyFnYvsHzDZk_8H3iibulsbopGnSVxp7PSEy1CS3KntUtMq4qj5Y2Y1JECGr4kBoBvYI2qX_hsgrWQAeD6jq2awqlMNHQVKjAaSkbDM-g-JPbhT4kb3F0MkS4bqy40AGha4buZm6HzdHgD9_GBnvJ8PhpvFHZu6nwQ=w1381-h737-no

this is the core of the cpu im trying to build. the first chip on lower right is an 8 bit counter. chip above that is pc address register, then mem address register
the orange bus is the output of the counter to the rest of the system. the left column is pc reg io, mem addr io, mem data io, and a 4th io for a special ram for jump optimization. all the io chips do is act as transcievers, with a data bus passing through them to the purple bus on the bottom. for example, mem reg io take the address loaded in mem addr reg, and passes this value through unchanged to the left. however, they also have a bus going down thru them, and the controller chip will tell which io chip will take its incoming data and throw it into the input bus, eventually reaching the purple bus on the left of the counter.

almost all this works, except this:
l-T_GYdv0EbfRF4heTpfpg9cVe-PLdjdllExUP4vUzOEWNh7Jt1gwgGftDFbNtbJcfcRTQBIB7NvB0N-QPz6WVAS4J4VrSIj5fKTFn7YHAv1P70QQnF9CUCG3rNiLfQCjG4E71cDLFyN4Gf1qVUOKa6PtFrgWruesHFgHOZ9i5qneAHm_7JcmBurF0gfGjQr7UHVQuT3zFkD6rjbm1iaZVOUZwryGpEsnfT3Sf8XqLwYjMnrbv1ZaMeEv3RvN5vlI33vXyxCMEATr2B2JbRmtYhsNMag03qTnqynlfP-H1LgGZXgcLpuPriUfBQpGm7Nj5s9Tg-ohdTaVvNeW8YAlD6JO6YPWjg_gFmUZbffapT9iR5wC0ACapiS9BU6ZYTikOrj_IYgAZWR0IkSl-y8ZzxTCL6J52TsBp4I-9FzL1G5l1W5WIBE7ohp_F5Crn982NsI6gsVLcqo_bngR0X9iFQXEzdzbJjuGCoUNLT33PTpho-VPYEpsBcFeS47rKVgYT-hjk0cVOy_rkgD_RMT8VQp5nQvD1G-fF8cmtvqEpWMdfHLWugMMqKa1DVGv86iPOTX2b9pp-5Y3LHzWTW3cfQBtriCSwOUtZD-HnATWQ=w1381-h737-no

the output of the mem address register is 255. lines 0-7 are active. this should pass through unchanged to the left, but here the output shows only 1 single line active. it should be reading 255, not 1.
the mem io chip design:
haACxmt01eUhf37gWlx09U8OBHBlm98aO0r3dbQTmohlhVoU8JJr1nicpWZj55QcE3pV_RVWiJ7fqbrZdXRFJgTP00GtboUjhHOuw7En1a6PfBaYrKw3TpTo5-pPGVQ0fU9CeRR9nIWB2xwcq5dxqYCHMLqRzmyuNh0alUPd23pSDaTvsj8Ixfiz71iakwcni35rRcOYGerKUrz5iszR28mbXPxsMUX1_yFuejOAl_8o8kPEWq3UNxEkIzEsMEB-iBmxiiXWWBZWj8-BQAH5LM4zGQ1s-4c4XmMRcX2qma7AhpRzxqKAHzDoDkoZNfGM0kpqeOWXIpjYa2GDBc9FFxuQWFfhI_pZdVPqlmnj4jVueS5aTCeDfC3G6iX8eXHT66EgZeXKww7di2sFKmDVJkl7qz4A3oi1VuJKjSpGN5KW8yLvcx3F_isMfRs4B0m7LSqA2p0LAyD7mjpotCa6HCaUxNQ-oI7DNFFJmpQ_P7hn8H9BOfX-mM0VNT-JOYz0Wj9N5mjPrtnh9N_EOMRI6L311150t0duZKb3BaoDaGrS2XmjTxENwRKGW67m8yIRxLP-V8pbp5QlnPzXicSXkTFxVitPj8ikknUdHtjh5Q=w1381-h737-no

here the inputs are the right and top. left and bottom are outputs. the right inputs just pass their signals on to the left side...if the cyan signal on the right goes up, itll activate the AND gates and send the right edge input data down the vertical bus. funny thing is this part works. but the left edge outputs? wtf. theres no reason why they should not always read whats on the right edge. its just passing through..there nothing to mess their values.

sigh. i guess ill check out other mods in the meantime..i had really high hopes for PR...

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Better Builder's Wands can pull from Dank/Nulls. This is awesome for cutting down on inventory clutter while building.

Now if only Exchangers could do the same thing.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Gonna throw a shoutout thank you to @Nuclear_Creeper0 for this one: the metallurgic infuser does indeed make bronze! And, at least in Regrowth’s settings, not too inefficiently - for 6 ingots worth (5 copper, and 1 tin dust) you get 5 bronze. While slightly inferior to the smeltery route in terms of material efficiency, the gains in terms of speed and convenience make it an outright winner :) cheers chap!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I got two things!

1) I *finally* tried thermal dynamics pipes. They are exactly as awesome as everyone kept trying to tell me they were. Just set up the most compact, simplest and most importantly fastest to build a diamond set up little mid game sorting machine/compact processing plant.

2) EnderIO wireless chargers support baubles, and more importantly, Actually Baubles. Basically, that translates to my 2 16 million RF batteries are always charged when I leave without ever having to think about it. Magnet, too. Without having them take up inventory space. Beautiful, OP synergy!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Don't sleep on the Silent's Gems scepters! There's a bit of setup, but they can be pretty strong. For that matter, I think I underappreciated the Katanas, too.

Normally, you can only hold a very small amount of chaos, like 10 hits worth, maybe, so I thought the magic effects were pretty much a gimmick, but I found out you can hold a lot more with an item, and you can build a thing that generates it for you at your base. Now that I can hold hundreds of charges, I went to make the strongest scepter I could think of, which ended up being three of something like leopidolite (sorry for butchering him the name, but it'll be obvious if you have em), one moonstone and one Opal, all supercharged.

I'm running scaling health, and deep into it, so I'm fighting zombies with 400 hearts. This unenchanted staff is kind of making my highly enchanted/boosted/configured sword look weak.the magic is way different from the swords. It appears to follow targets and does decent damage.

The Katana is an interesting hybrid, too. Weaker sword with a strong spell effect.

C

Closet Gamer

I give the credit for this one to Tsukiumy who gives me regular handy hints in my LP series. The actuality additions precision dropper can drop upwards. It can also push through a block! This means you can make something like a 6 sided growth accelerator in applied energistics with a precision dropper underneath the bottom block. The ranged collector can also pick up through blocks and has a built in white list so no need for further filtering :) with this you can make a very compact setup.

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

A

ArrowOfPeace

Agricraft rocks... Depressing is though that it isnt updated ......

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Done it 4 times in the last hour, and this one made me laugh.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
CoFH Loading Plugin (CoFHCore-1.10.2-4.1.12.17-universal.jar)
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 12/3/17 3:56 PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at me.dmillerw.quadrum.block.IQuadrumBlock.i_getStateFromMetadata(IQuadrumBlock.java:69)
at me.dmillerw.quadrum.block.BlockQuadrum.func_176203_a(BlockQuadrum.java:208)
at cofh.lib.util.WeightedRandomBloc....

Reactions: Padfoote

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
Inventory Pets. I made a squid pet and grabbed a stack of fish. Jumped in the ocean, fast swim, perfectly clear vision, no need for air. I don't think I stepped on land again for an hour. E enjoy better in the Cavern mod water dimension! And the anvil pet in my hot bar repairs my gear and only eats a few iron nuggets per game day. Squid me is going to build a base (not a pineapple) under the sea...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Call me a noob but I was testing a Tinker's hammer while mining yesterday and found that "Monster Eggs" (silverfish) won't break when you break the cobble surrounding them *PHEW!* :D
[Edit] Of course, this assumes the block you're targeting ISN'T a Monster Egg :rolleyes:

Last edited:

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
My other favorite new toy is the drill from Actually Additions. With speed, 3x3 and silk touch modules it's like walking through solid rock. Or dirt or sand. And veinminer for extra grabs. I setup a modpack with no quarries, so I do need to be a bit of a burrowing machine. Love the cleverness of the modders.

Also, with a loot bag opener over a hopper over an uncrafting grinder, it's like a bag of candy that never runs out.

M

MikW

So I've been playing DW20 1.12, and there's that MeeCreeps mod, so after I get my hands on a decent amount of diamonds and gold, I decided to try it out.

That mod is so OP. It's like some kind of early game quarry, you can tell it to dig straight down to bedrock with stairs, and flatten an area, build tunnels, and so far I've gotten 11 more diamonds in like 5 minutes.

I like OP and cheaty exploits :p

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
I will add a flesh to leather recipe if no gadget can do it. In my current pack it's the seasoning rack from rockhounding that does it.