October News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

We have released a new map for our SMP retro 1.2.5 pack. Due to it being an extremely old pack, it is only available on the legacy launcher.

RetroSMP1.png

RetroSMP2.png

A new, 1.12 version of our Horizons modpack is in development. Like in it's previous iterations, this pack is designed to showcase mods that aren't commonly found in FTB modpacks. We're hoping for a release sometime this month.

We have also officially started development on our as yet unnamed expert mode pack for 1.12. We're planning to start testing shortly after Horizons releases.

Launcher

Java 9 has released and is not yet compatible with Minecraft Forge. If you are using the twitch app, it will automatically keep using the correct version of Java, but if you are using the legacy launcher, do not update to Java 9.

[Edit by Quetzi: Clarified that it is Forge that isn't compatible with Java 9]

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Migmag789

First! of my god. I miss the old 1.2.5 modpack. Shiny.

EDIT : Wheres the map download link ? o_O

Reactions: duckfan77

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Are we supposed to break any of that? I'm going to play single-player and if the sapling generation goes south, I will break anything and everything that might give me a sapling chance! :D

Edit: if you could release a single-player version that would be great, too! It'd be nice to play on an updated map.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I

I9hdkill

Minecraft is 100% compatible with Java 1.9 since the first dev releases over a year ago.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Minecraft is 100% compatible with Java 1.9 since the first dev releases over a year ago.

While this may be true for vanilla Minecraft, this is absolutely not true for any forge based install. Bearing in mind that this community is primarily a modded community, while you aren't technically wrong, that statement isn't particularly relevant. You have to remove some of the regularly used launch arguments to even get vanilla to launch with Java 9, though as the Minecraft launcher ships with Java 8 it won't affect the vast majority of players, including those that use the Twitch app to play their packs. What we can say for certain is that right now, the FTB launcher will not work with Java 9.

Reactions: I9hdkill
M

modmuss50

First! of my god. I miss the old 1.2.5 modpack. Shiny.

EDIT : Wheres the map download link ? o_O

After you have updated the pack (to version 2 I think?) When you go to create a new world you will see a new button that will allow you to pick either map.

If you wish to play it on a server, the map can be found in the maps directory.

Reactions: Watchful11
M

Migmag789

I'm really impatient to discover news about Direwolf20 1.12 and the famous expert pack ! :D

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Why isn't it available for twitch? The pack seems to be downloadable (testing atm).

Which pack are you talking about? I haven't seen a new version of the Direwolf20 pack yet, the last version is his 1.10 pack, which has been out for some time now. Horizons III is out now, tested that myself, found it lacking in certain areas.

How does one force the FTB launcher to update itself? I don't remember, if anyone knows please post a link or procedure. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you talking about? I haven't seen a new version of the Direwolf20 pack yet, the last version is his 1.10 pack, which has been out for some time now. Horizons III is out now, tested that myself, found it lacking in certain areas.

How does one force the FTB launcher to update itself? I don't remember, if anyone knows please post a link or procedure. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I'm talking about the 1.2.5 pack that they said only works on legacy which I cant get to install