best ways to get started in a new world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Joshuablock

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get started ( I Mean After you have wood like Mining or Anything else you do)

Also what pack do you play on?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Any good ways Anyone? anyone?

I usually try and chop down at least one full stack of wood before I move onto finding coal (because charcoal is for quitters/people that don't want to waste time looking for coal).

There you go. Good luck!

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Very slightly off topic but I wanted to try and see if I could do a world without ever going mining, and focusing on bees. I'd need to find a village with a smithy and some apiaries, but I think it could potentially be doable.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
All you have to do is MCEdit a Villager that trades Bee Products for materials and more basic bees! Once you have gotten to the mineral bees, you will no longer need the first trades from the villager. Ya know what? I am going to make a map just like that! Perfect Idea!

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hoping he meant after you get vanilla survival out of the way?
But, lol, my answer isn't any better. The FTB world is your oyster. Go get that pearl.

Also, it all depends on the environment you spawn in or decide to settle.

Reactions: Guswut

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
When I start a new world I pick one of my two preferred strategies depending on the biome I'm in. I either get a bunch of wood in the first day, then start a mine really close to my spawn. Or, if I dont like the biome I spawned in, I run around and find a village next to a desert and some other biome, preferably with a ravine close by.

I prefer to mine though because I believe that the world gen when caves are created cuts off the diamonds and other ore veins. I only find real big veins when I'm mining through solid rock. One or two diamond veins and I'm ready to crank up the first quarry.

Basically my strategy from there is just keep the quarry going and build up resources.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB world is your oyster. Go get that pearl.

And by pearl, you mean ender pearls to feed your addiction to teleportation, of course, eh? Some feather fall boots on top of that, and then some turtles, and we're golden goose good.

Joshuablock

Jul 29, 2019
All you have to do is MCEdit a Villager that trades Bee Products for materials and more basic bees! Once you have gotten to the mineral bees, you will no longer need the first trades from the villager. Ya know what? I am going to make a map just like that! Perfect Idea!
CHEAT!

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearls, oh of course. But forget feather falling, portal boots for jumping into all your enemies' turtle pits (bases), and golden carrots, not golden goose. Gotta be invisible where all they hear is a thump from behind and then keel over as you gut them with your nano saber.

lol, bad day at work, so this seems like a lot of fun right now.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
My general plan is to punch some trees to get some wood. Build a crude shelter and storage. Look for coal make a few torches and survive the first night in the open field. Build a few forestry bags or canvas bags, a scoop or two, some shears and go exploring to gather some harvestables and bees. Once I'm back I set those to work and by then I have found a place to start mining. I might grow some peat for early power to let mature while I'm mining so that when I'm back I can get a pulverizer/powered furnace ready to go. From there more resource gathering and power generation and decorative building.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
lol, bad day at work, so this seems like a lot of fun right now.

Remind me to only get on your bad side when I'm looking for some berry-flavored death, hahahah.

That aside, enchanting portal longfall boots with safefall is the best of both worlds. Too bad the Boots of the Traveler are really nice for, well, traveling, eh?

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Remind me to only get on your bad side when I'm looking for some berry-flavored death, hahahah.
muahahaha.
That aside, enchanting portal longfall boots with safefall is the best of both worlds. Too bad the Boots of the Traveler are really nice for, well, traveling, eh?
Hmm, perhaps haste on them. I must try this. Although, I'm not sure how much that helps if you never walk thanks to enderpearls.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
muahahaha.

Double that reminder, with whipped cream on top.

Hmm, perhaps haste on them. I must try this. Although, I'm not sure how much that helps if you never walk thanks to enderpearls.

It is nice for when you decide you want to fly, as haste helps with jetpacking around. Too bad there isn't a rocket boot enchantment, so we could just walk around wearing nothing but our overpowered awesome boots of infinite awesomeness.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I head to the River Belle Path and take on the Giant Crab. Because it's the easiest of the three dungeons you have access to on your first year.

Reactions: YX33A and Guswut