Skyfactory 3 extreme reactors: which pipe?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
N

notgodsarmy666

I currently using 22 (200mb/ tick each for 2000mb/tick + change in each direction for a turbine ) ender fluid pipes per turbine ... which is a lot of hassle ... since they only work as intended if none of them is connected to another line ...

All (in videos or tutorials) suggested pipes are not in this pack.
I also tried:
  1. immerse engineer pipes ... which are way worse,
  2. extra utility 2 pipes ... which are worse even with all speed upgrades applied,
  3. a pipe from a mod called " | " which I can't search for to see what else there is from this mod ... because i couldn't get these pipes to work at all (they do connect but nothing is going through
  4. logic cables from integrated dynamics (with fluid ex and importers) ... also didn't work at all also seems a nightmare to configure.
  5. fluid lasers from actually additions .... didn't work at all (though I can get them to work anywhere else)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
1st, close the reactor vents so you are not loosing any steam. That way, you only have to fill the reactor once, then you can stop adding outside water. 2nd, don't use pipes. Either have the coolant ports touching each other (1 pair per turbine) or use dimensional trancievers/tesseracts (1 pair on the reactor and 1 pair on each turbine). You can put the controller and item ports on top of the reactor, so if you are going stupidly big, you could have 9 full size turbines directly in contact with a reactor size 7 x 7 x 10 maybe 13 turbines on a 9 x 9 x 14.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
I currently using 22 (200mb/ tick each for 2000mb/tick + change in each direction for a turbine ) ender fluid pipes per turbine ... which is a lot of hassle ... since they only work as intended if none of them is connected to another line ...

All (in videos or tutorials) suggested pipes are not in this pack.
I also tried:
  1. immerse engineer pipes ... which are way worse,
  2. extra utility 2 pipes ... which are worse even with all speed upgrades applied,
  3. a pipe from a mod called " | " which I can't search for to see what else there is from this mod ... because i couldn't get these pipes to work at all (they do connect but nothing is going through
  4. logic cables from integrated dynamics (with fluid ex and importers) ... also didn't work at all also seems a nightmare to configure.
  5. fluid lasers from actually additions .... didn't work at all (though I can get them to work anywhere else)
extra util 2 liquid nodes can use a stack upgrade makes them a fair bit quicker

N

notgodsarmy666

1st, close the reactor vents so you are not loosing any steam. That way, you only have to fill the reactor once, then you can stop adding outside water. 2nd, don't use pipes. Either have the coolant ports touching each other (1 pair per turbine) or use dimensional trancievers/tesseracts (1 pair on the reactor and 1 pair on each turbine). You can put the controller and item ports on top of the reactor, so if you are going stupidly big, you could have 9 full size turbines directly in contact with a reactor size 7 x 7 x 10 maybe 13 turbines on a 9 x 9 x 14.

Touching is not an option anymore ... since my reactor (not running, yet) is about to power 16 extreme reactor turbines ... and one from another mod. (which doesn't give back the water ... and consumes more steam ... but I have build it and I will use it ...

I settled to the draconic ones (even though if they are set to a speed and the outputs are touching the world is getting corrupted ... lost 2 hours gameplay already that way)... they can scaled up near indefinitely it seems

extra util 2 liquid nodes can use a stack upgrade makes them a fair bit quicker
Dunno if that is an option ... if I only need one pipe for each turbine I still need 800 GP then... (and I doubt that they will bring that ... and If I need more than one pipe / turbine + direction ... that is too much GP)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm sort of interested in this answer as well. I actually gave up on turbines because I couldn't find anything to transfer at high enough rate.

N

notgodsarmy666

I'm sort of interested in this answer as well. I actually gave up on turbines because I couldn't find anything to transfer at high enough rate.
The draconic ones are quite good ... I had a setup with 24 Turbines (powered from a not to big reactor [when I set it to passive later only had ~250kRF/T]) with 1 million + something RF/T (I think it was 1.5 but not sure anymore I only know that I had well over 1 million RF) output (managed by an open computer) but that setup crashed my game like constantly. (And I turned of all animations of Extreme Reactors ... but it seems my computer is not beefy enough to do that ... 6th gen low power I5 with an 1070 [desktop] and 32GB ram)

More than half of the turbines where filled using the draconic fluid ones the others by dimensional transceivers where I needed one channel / 2 turbines (or else the buffer would overflow and the turbine not work).

The turbines where done vertically (horizontal size is more limited than vertical size) which allowed them to use max efficiency with 80 blades and 31 ludicrite (or what was its face) blocks. The speed would stand with 2000mB steam ~ 1800rpm.

Last word: While dimensional transceivers are using power ... the are better, since the draconic fluid gates corrupt the save game when two outputs are touching. (game crashes and can't be loaded, tried to edit them out with mcedit but had in the end go back to a backup)

Last edited: