[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Great modpack! Cant wait for more quests to be added
...you're aware how old this modpack is, right? Yes, its still being played, but it is very much a finished project - ThePhoenixLodge has moved onto a new pack called Sprout. There aren't going to be any more quests added (in fact I'm surprised you asked, given that its not exactly a short modpack to get through!!!)

H

Harstdeath

Are you saying you managed to get 100% on every chapter without any help or commande line? it's quite a performance !

G

Genisay

Had an apparent recent issue with one of the rare drop maps I found. I got Map #3 regarding a place called the Bloody Temple. I went there, and while the quest says I visited the proper location and I was able to claim the reward, there was no structure or anything, just a bunch of empty water. Was there supposed to be something actually there, or is it under the water?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
There is supposed to be something there, @Genisay, but it doesn't always spawn for some reason. Each one of the three maps has a spawn with a reward bag, which is a bit annoying when it isn't there. When it does spawn it floats just a bit above the sea level, which makes getting into it a bit "tricksey"!

G

Genisay

Okay, I see. Yeah, when I went back there later, it seemed to work fine.
While I am here though, maybe you guys can help me out with another issue that is far more vexing.
For some reason, I can no longer craft any ore blocks from the iron/copper/tin etc. essences that I have grown. It was working earlier this week, and when I played a few days ago, I could put them on the crafting table like before, but using either the 2x2 arrangement or a full 9 on the table doesn't work (I forgot which it was, so I tried both.) You can place them on the table just fine, but no ore blocks result from it ever since it started acting up.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, I see. Yeah, when I went back there later, it seemed to work fine.
While I am here though, maybe you guys can help me out with another issue that is far more vexing.
For some reason, I can no longer craft any ore blocks from the iron/copper/tin etc. essences that I have grown. It was working earlier this week, and when I played a few days ago, I could put them on the crafting table like before, but using either the 2x2 arrangement or a full 9 on the table doesn't work (I forgot which it was, so I tried both.) You can place them on the table just fine, but no ore blocks result from it ever since it started acting up.

I think it's a hollow 8 - like a furnace.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
G

Genisay

I think it's a hollow 8 - like a furnace.

I'm pretty sure that's right - a ring of essence becomes an ore?

Oh, geez! How could I end up forgetting that in just a couple of days of not playing.....
Too many recipes to try and remember, I guess. A book of recipes in this would be really nice after you unlock them. I know you can look back through the Quest Journal or NEI for some of them, but I tried that with the ore, and couldn't find a recipe for it hard as I tried, even looking around online (which was the most frustrating). Everything talked about recipes using iron ore, but not how to make it from essence.
So thank you all very much. I can finally get back to doing quests that require iron and copper.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh, geez! How could I end up forgetting that in just a couple of days of not playing.....
Too many recipes to try and remember, I guess. A book of recipes in this would be really nice after you unlock them. I know you can look back through the Quest Journal or NEI for some of them, but I tried that with the ore, and couldn't find a recipe for it hard as I tried, even looking around online (which was the most frustrating). Everything talked about recipes using iron ore, but not how to make it from essence.
So thank you all very much. I can finally get back to doing quests that require iron and copper.
One thing that might come in handy is the crafting frame. I think that's what its called; basically you put it onto something, then put the recipe in; then if you have the items in your inventory, you just right click frame and it crafts one iteration. Keep clicking for more! If the something you put the frame on is a chest, I believe it will take the relevant items for crafting from that chest.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
"R" (Recipe) shows the recipe for an item, and "U" (Uses) shows the recipes an item is used in.

So floating the mouse over the essence and hitting "U" would show you the recipe for Iron Ore, and floating the mouse over Iron Ore and hitting "R" should show you the same.

Note that in this pack "R" also sorts your inventory, which can cause some confusion, and if looking via NEI, make sure you hit "Enter" before U or R or NEI will think its part of the search.

H

Harstdeath

Left click and right click also show recipes and uses of an item. But i never remember which one shows what, so i always test both to know.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, I started Regrowth a couple of weeks ago. I've been playing for an hour or two, 3-4 nights a week, and I'm having an absolute blast :D

I just wanted to mention that - despite it first being mentioned about 2 and a half years ago, it is today as much fun as it looked back then. More, if anything! I've had certain things spoilered - a couple of the hidden quests I was aware of how to unlock, but that hasn't spoiled the experience at all. I've realised that modern packs like Expert Modes, Age of Engineering and so on, owe a lot to packs like Regrowth. And I love how the recipes in technical mods are nicely integrated, as are many of the magical mod ones.

In short: I love it!

L

Lesan

Hello, Can someone help me?
1) How can I get first nether essence?
2) How can I get flint tool rod?
Thanks

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hello, Can someone help me?
1) How can I get first nether essence?
2) How can I get flint tool rod?
Thanks

1) There's a quest for that.
2) Sticks make good tool rods until you can make a stencil table.

L

Lesan

Well, I got that quest, but I need flint tool rod. I cant make it in part builder and NEI dont say anything.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Can't remember exactly how to get the Nether essence, just that you need to do other quests first and eventually you get there.

The Tinkers Quest doesnt ask for a flint tool rod.

L

Lesan

Yea, I need flint tool rod for drafting compass.
And how can I get bottle of enchanting?
Thanks guys :)

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the flint tool rod then, havent played the pack in a while. You can get the bottle of enchanting by crafting ANY animal essences together. (I think it even works with mob essences)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the flint tool rod then, havent played the pack in a while. You can get the bottle of enchanting by crafting ANY animal essences together. (I think it even works with mob essences)
Flint tool rod can be made in the tinkers table. You need the tool rod pattern and one piece of flint will get you 2 of them.