Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
As for suggestions, would it be possible to have the casting delegate when connected to an ME network to expose the recipes to the network, similar to an ME interface but with more and more complicated recipes?

Being able to invoke the casting delegate from an ME terminal would be a godsend, if only for the UI, and it presumably being able to schedule component crafting as needed would be even better.
No. I have looked into that before and it depends on a great deal of internal AE code.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
That actually surprises me. Honestly it struck me to suggest it while I was extending my ME network using Thaumic Energistics, which has a setup for doing Thaumcraft arcane crafting over an ME network.

W

wholesalegenocide

I've looked around and haven't been able to figure out my current problem: Right now, Chromaticraft outputs my progress as "energyexplore" with the missing research focuscrytals. I have Painful Loss, Lumen Storage, Lumen Harnessing, Refractory Gems, Glowing Towers, and Mysterious Relics available. As far as I can tell, the primary one (or two?) that I need to complete to progress are lumen harnessing & lumen storage. I setup a wooden repeater network but though I have access to the Ritual Table I do not have access to the structure itself. I have the "Pylon Surge Protection" as an option but I don't actually have the ability to make the ritual structure. I don't have a crystal focus available either so I can't build a relay source.

I'm at a bit of a loss, I think I'm on the cusp of unlocking the next tier but I can't figure out this last bit of progress. I thought that when I bought "flawed focus crystal" from a villager that might be what I need to progress but no luck thus far. All my research fragments are blank, and I've crafted quite a bit of stuff from each tier that I have available. Any one have any ideas?

Reactions: Dischtel

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
@wholesalegenocide I have exactly the same problem. I have tried to get the enchantment decomposter to work, because I think it needs lumen too. But after connecting it to kuro and zambarau pylons with the wooden repeaters and putting in an enchanted item, nothing happens. It refuses to draw some energy.

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then again I can't craft the relay source, because the crystal focus is still covered for me. So I am still stuck with the "Lumen Harnessing" progress

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hint: you can build certain multiblocks without having the structure page unlocked. You should have something that draws from pylons.

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
I think I know what you mean. But that seems very much like cheating and not the intended way. Because how should i know the structures without a page at all, expect from google :(

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
What am I doing wrong here? I got the fragment for it, turbocharging is listed in my progress section with the first bit legible and the bottom line scrambled.

Attachments

• 2017-07-22_10.58.22.png
    2017-07-22_10.58.22.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 2017-07-22_10.58.58.png
    2017-07-22_10.58.58.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
I still have a problem with my progression. I am stuck at "lumen harnessing". I think I need to draw some lumen out of a pylon with the crystal repeaters, but the casting table isn't taking any and I don't have other machines that would need it.
The only other progression I am missing are painful loss and glowing tower.
I have crafted everything I can so far and also tried using it, as far as I know what it does

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I still have a problem with my progression. I am stuck at "lumen harnessing". I think I need to draw some lumen out of a pylon with the crystal repeaters, but the casting table isn't taking any and I don't have other machines that would need it.

Have you unlocked the crystal repeaters recipe, or are you stuck at wooden still? Or did you unlock them, and have setup a crystal repeater network, but can't get anything to flow through them?

Have you built the lumen storage crystal, and storage crystal charger? One thing that can trigger advancement is to setup 2-3 repeaters leading away from a pylon. Then place down the storage crystal charger, and insert the storage crystal. It'll pull through the repeaters and charge itself, which might trigger the Lumen Harnessing. It should at least trigger the "overload" achievement, and blow up the repeaters you were using. Which is why I suggest only doing 2-3 from a pylon, and not doing this from multiple colors all the way at your base. You'd get pretty pissed when your carefully laid out repeaters have now all blown up, and you can't use their positions to help place the crystal repeaters. No..no, I'm not bitter about that.

Reactions: Reika

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i can build the wooden lumen repeaters (and already did), but not the crystal repeaters.
And I have the recipe for the storage crystal, but I am missing knowledge on the middle thing in the crafting recipe (the blue,yellow,red,white square).

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Since v18 (or possibly v17), the glowing runes in structures have given me massive lag when I'm near them. Even though it's annoying, it's a hilariously viable way of locating underground structures: if my framerate randomly tanks while mining, I know I'm near a Shrine. :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Since v18 (or possibly v17), the glowing runes in structures have given me massive lag when I'm near them. Even though it's annoying, it's a hilariously viable way of locating underground structures: if my framerate randomly tanks while mining, I know I'm near a Shrine. :p
Runes are ordinary blocks and have never changed. This makes no sense.