[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

F

Fababfan

Is there a way to play this in Single Player mode? I don't have a server to upload this too and I just want to play by myself. I'm new to modpacks so I need the most basic help about how to do this. Thank you!

Just download the Curse launcher and search for the modpack. If you installed it and click play, then Minecraft Singleplayer starts with all the mods installed. Ready to play :D

P

popetasticperson

Are there any newer modpacks like this one? I specifically like the overall theme and how all of the mods integrate in so well. I guess what I'm looking for is a modpack that combines all sorts of different mods by changing most of the recipes to make everything interdependent and gives you a set of over-arching goals that require you to use all of those mods. HQM or something like it is pretty key, especially if the rewards serve to decrease grinding and provide a general progression through the game. For example, you need botania runes for all kinds of things like mekanism upgrades, various mods are needed for circuitry, etc. Another good modpack that has these things is Blightfall, though the questing in that one feels a bit sparse in comparison.

I tried Sky Factory 3 but found it lacks the kind of direction I need to stay focused and interested. Agrarian Skies 2 was more like it but it's a bit too similar to Regrowth and I found that Regrowth is just better in almost every way. I guess 'new' isn't strictly necessary as far as it goes but I think I've already tried most of the 1.7 packs that I found likely candidates. If there's another good 1.7 pack I may have missed then by all means point me in that direction.

J

Jenny

Just download the Curse launcher and search for the modpack. If you installed it and click play, then Minecraft Singleplayer starts with all the mods installed. Ready to play :D
I can't download that launcher, I'm on Linux, it doesn't support me for some reason. :/

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
P

popetasticperson

Are there any newer modpacks like this one? I specifically like the overall theme and how all of the mods integrate in so well. I guess what I'm looking for is a modpack that combines all sorts of different mods by changing most of the recipes to make everything interdependent and gives you a set of over-arching goals that require you to use all of those mods....

If anyone's interested Age of Engineering is pretty much what I was looking for. It's a bit unfortunate that it's tech only and there's no HQM but otherwise, it's exactly right as far as the mod integration and progression balance.

R

Relsrak

I'm playing on a server and it seems to be impossible to find any Spirits in the Spirit World. I tried searching actively and standing still, but not a single of those orbs appeared. Do I need to do anything special to let them spawn? I have only tried in good dreams, so does it need to be a nightmare?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Well yes, I assumed that.
What I'd recommend is instead of undoing the removal of vanilla wooden pickaxes and breaking the progression of the modpack, you might be better off adding a recipe for the required parts with, say, the tinkers Flint pickaxes and stuff. That's more complex, but stays true to the spirit of the pack.

gwyllgi

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes, I assumed that.
What I'd recommend is instead of undoing the removal of vanilla wooden pickaxes and breaking the progression of the modpack, you might be better off adding a recipe for the required parts with, say, the tinkers Flint pickaxes and stuff. That's more complex, but stays true to the spirit of the pack.
The problem is that ancient warfare designates jobs based on tools that you give to workers to my knowledge, therefore the custom tinker tools may not have a effect. I am already planning to alter their recipes to require villager eggs but i still need the tools to give them jobs I think.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The problem is that ancient warfare designates jobs based on tools that you give to workers to my knowledge, therefore the custom tinker tools may not have a effect. I am already planning to alter their recipes to require villager eggs but i still need the tools to give them jobs I think.
Oh, is it not in the recipe, do you give them the items? Bugger.

In that case, I think it's just a matter of finding the Minetweaker script where the recipe is removed, and deleting out that line. I think...

gwyllgi

Jul 29, 2019
The way it works to my knowledge is that there are only 2 npcs, workers and combat npcs. Workers can become miners, farmers, woodsmen, fishermen if you give them pickax, hoe, axe, fishing pole respectivelyz while combat npcs become warriors, archers, medics, officers if given swords, bows, shovels?, and baton of command respectively.

gwyllgi

Jul 29, 2019
OKay, I tried altering the minetweaker.ini? But after deleting a line and starting the game the line simply reappeared erasing the recipes.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
OKay, I tried altering the minetweaker.ini? But after deleting a line and starting the game the line simply reappeared erasing the recipes.
It should be a script not an ini! Blimey. There should be a scripts folder?

It will end in a .zs - I don't know exactly what it's called though.