FTB Beyond Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Nice, I haven't set up a void resource miner yet but its on my to-do list - I wonder if its worth getting together the materials for a Tier 1 one and a suitable solar panel/power supply, and just letting it slowly generate stuff.

Fun Fact: Lonsdaleite is an allotrope of carbon, also known as hexagonal diamond, and is very hard stuff!
I think like tier 3 is like all you need for a while. Still tier 1 produces allot of power but I still like the Extreme Reactors for power early game. Once you set it up and get a quarry up you basically just forget about. I don't even use those fancy liquids. Last one I made I think I just used gold block inside.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
R

Robobrine

Four spirits isn't that much. I still remember fighting 64 Gaia II at the same time in Project Ozone 2 because I needed multiple stacks of Gaia Spirit Ingot Blocks. The lag of all the mobs and drops almost killed my computer each time I did it ^^
I really hope there will be a similar grindy modpack for 1.10+!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think like tier 3 is like all you need for a while. Still tier 1 produces allot of power but I still like the Extreme Reactors for power early game. Once you set it up and get a quarry up you basically just forget about. I don't even use those fancy liquids. Last one I made I think I just used gold block inside.
Ah cool! I've not tried the solid materials inside reactors.

I've gone a bit of an off-the-wall route for early-mid power - I've set up biodiesel and an IE diesel generator, but that's mainly to power something else: I've added Immersive Petroleum to the pack, so I'm going to be using good old black gold, turned into diesel using the IP distillation tower! I've already got a pumpjack set up over a nice oil reservoir ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Four spirits isn't that much. I still remember fighting 64 Gaia II at the same time in Project Ozone 2 because I needed multiple stacks of Gaia Spirit Ingot Blocks. The lag of all the mobs and drops almost killed my computer each time I did it ^^
I really hope there will be a similar grindy modpack for 1.10+!
There is one Kryllyk is doing called Quantus. If I am getting the jest it tier up so you start at basically Vanilla Minecraft and the mods and their recipes are tier locked so you need to get to that tier. Haven't heard to many old school gregtech packs for 1.10 yet.

Ah cool! I've not tried the solid materials inside reactors.

I've gone a bit of an off-the-wall route for early-mid power - I've set up biodiesel and an IE diesel generator, but that's mainly to power something else: I've added Immersive Petroleum to the pack, so I'm going to be using good old black gold, turned into diesel using the IP distillation tower! I've already got a pumpjack set up over a nice oil reservoir ;)
The sound dude. I can't handle the sound from that generator. I haven't use Immersive in like forever.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
@UnionCraft not the right place to be reporting bugs. I'm sure the pack will be updated shortly. If you are looking for a stable pack for your servers I suggest sticking to release versions as, as you have found, beta updates can still have bugs.

I have already reported it, unfortunately the release version is using the same IC2 version so the problem exists on both release and beta.

1.10.0 is now recommended, and astonishingly it's still causing a server crash. Why push a version to recommended when there are known issues such as this? It's unstable.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The sound dude. I can't handle the sound from that generator. I haven't use Immersive in like forever.
Thankfully, IE has a solution: the Ear Defenders - as well as muting sounds by about 90%, they can be set by the configs (within the menu) to only mute certain things :)

And I've just fallen in love all over again with IE - the changes in the 1.10+ version give it so much extra character and flavour, and it's just... yeah, I love it. Honestly, my current build is heavily IE not out of practicality but out of the joy I get using it!

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
How long until expert mode comes?

The unstable pack release for 1.12 just came out last week, so they will need time to sort out what mods they can use, which ones are still getting updated and then the time needed for internal Alpha testing. So for now you will get the answer of later, eventually it will change to soon but that won't be for awhile.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The unstable pack release for 1.12 just came out last week, so they will need time to sort out what mods they can use, which ones are still getting updated and then the time needed for internal Alpha testing. So for now you will get the answer of later, eventually it will change to soon but that won't be for awhile.
Expert mode for beyond was canceled. expert mode is moved to 1.12 after they get 1.12 modded stable. There will not be 1.10 or 1.11 expert mode.

B

benja8151

Is there a plan to update DeepResonance? Current non-updated version has server-crashing issues because of DeepResonance tanks, which makes it pretty much unplayable....

Last edited:

MikehellRS

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just experienced a solar eclipse in FTB Beyond (1.10). I was planning out the layout of a new building in my town when it started to get dark - at Noon! I looked up and the Sun was directly overhead, but was all black with just a ring of light around it. Is this an 'easter egg' related to the upcoming real-world eclipse, or has this been happening all the time and I was just never outside at the right time to notice it?

MikehellRS

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, nvm it's my fault. I forgot about having added Astral Sorcery to my pack and apparently the solar eclipse thing is an feature of that mod. It's not mentioned in the in-game documentation but maybe I just haven't unlocked the necessary info yet.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Okay, nvm it's my fault. I forgot about having added Astral Sorcery to my pack and apparently the solar eclipse thing is an feature of that mod. It's not mentioned in the in-game documentation but maybe I just haven't unlocked the necessary info yet.
u actually just hit/missed a special event that is needed for 1 set of unlocks

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There is a guy that does a mod overview of that mod called Mischief of Mice. It is really good and explains most things about that mod. You should check him out if you want to know more about it.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

There is a guy that does a mod overview of that mod called Mischief of Mice. It is really good and explains most things about that mod. You should check him out if you want to know more about it.
quite a nice set of videos shame some of the bits are outdated , most of it is still good . The only core bit that is quite wrong is how resonating aquamarine is made as in the structure he mentions is a requirement not a suggestion.