[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just for clarity's sake, does the apothecary look like it has water in it? If so, then we can focus on getting the petals in. (That 'Q' mechanic isn't my favorite, I'll admit.)
Nor mine. This lazy dragon (I do like my naps) uses an Open Crate(Botania) above the apothecary with a Hopper attached to the crate. Same arrangement over my runic altar and the infusion plate, lots easier!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nor mine. This lazy dragon (I do like my naps) uses an Open Crate(Botania) above the apothecary with a Hopper attached to the crate. Same arrangement over my runic altar and the infusion plate, lots easier!

Well, Kate's not at the iron stage yet, and I wasn't sure if Open Crates were somehow gated as well. At one point, I had a neat little setup disposing of extra drones with one of those.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
you spent three years on this pack? that is some extreme dedication. thanks. the pack has given me and my brother many hours of playtime and, more importantly, many fond memories.

P

PowerMC

Hello. I recently created a world backup by copying my current save file to an external hard drive. I reopened Regrowth today and my original single player world is not showing up on the list, despite its presence in the "saves" folder in c:\ftb. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

EDIT: I should also note that I did not make any adjustment to my original world. I only dragged and copied it into the external hard drive

EDIT 2: I just noticed that I copied the entire Regrowth folder, not only the saves. Does this have any significant effect?

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I recently created a world backup by copying my current save file to an external hard drive. I reopened Regrowth today and my original single player world is not showing up on the list, despite its presence in the "saves" folder in c:\ftb. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

EDIT: I should also note that I did not make any adjustment to my original world. I only dragged and copied it into the external hard drive

EDIT 2: I just noticed that I copied the entire Regrowth folder, not only the saves. Does this have any significant effect?
It shouldn't. The only explanation I can think of would be if you accidently moved instead of copy.

P

PowerMC

It shouldn't. The only explanation I can think of would be if you accidently moved instead of copy.
There are folders existing in both the external hard drive and c:\ftb. I checked a few different subfolders in both places and saw no differences. I'm don't think that's the issue, but thanks for the response.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
There are folders existing in both the external hard drive and c:\ftb. I checked a few different subfolders in both places and saw no differences. I'm don't think that's the issue, but thanks for the response.
There is a binary file named session.lock in the world save. I don't know exactly how that file is used, but I suspect it tells minecraft that the world in question is already open in another instance of minecraft and won't display it in the list for this instance. I don't have a utility to read that file and I'm not good enough a programmer to be able to tell you if the world is locked or unlocked. Perhaps one of the others here can tell you what to look for and how to unlock the session.

(This old Dragon could also be completely off base.)

G

genthug

Hey all--I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm fairly new to the modpack and there doesn't seem to be many places... if any... that the modpack creators et. al are active, so I figured I would try this thread first. If you have a better suggestion please let me know so I can send it to the proper place.
I've been playing with a friend pretty successfully on and off for about a month or so, until the game started to crash for them. It wouldn't crash in game, or even in the middle of launching, it would be right after clicking play. Nigh immediately. And this is the crash log to go along with it. Thank you to anyone who replies!

Attachments

• Regrowth-Crash-Log.txt
    29 KB · Views: 79

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all--I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm fairly new to the modpack and there doesn't seem to be many places... if any... that the modpack creators et. al are active, so I figured I would try this thread first. If you have a better suggestion please let me know so I can send it to the proper place.
I've been playing with a friend pretty successfully on and off for about a month or so, until the game started to crash for them. It wouldn't crash in game, or even in the middle of launching, it would be right after clicking play. Nigh immediately. And this is the crash log to go along with it. Thank you to anyone who replies!
So this seems to be coming from an Apple, so some of this may be off, but the crash log indicates MC was launched using java 1.6. Regrowth requires Java 1.8.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How do I find out what version of Java I have on my Mac?
Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above: Under System Preferences click on the Java icon to access the Java Control Panel which will list your Java version.

(It's really a good idea to a) clean out old Java versions and b) keep your Java updated to the latest version in order to keep your system secure.)

C

Cyanide Sandwich

Just made an account to comment here. I'm using version 1.0.2, and have had zero issues in the 2 months or so i've been playing through regrowth. today however, after switching out of my world to test a mob grinder in a test world, I came back to only be able to boot up the world for like half a second, then it drops out and gives me the error "a fatal error has occurred, this connection is terminated" and sends me to the multiplayer tab. Only thing is, is that im playing in an offline, SSP world. I'm running Mac OSX 10.11.1 and I've done no updates to the launcher, java, or anything really. I don't have a firewall enabled, nor do I have antivirus active.

The test world boots up fine, as does any other world I make. I tried reinstalling a clean copy of the modpack, but nothing changed. There's no crash logs, as it didn't crash, but here's the log from the console window (This is a fresh account, so if the link doesnt show it's probably because the mods have to approve it first, sorry for the inconvenience).

https://pastebin.com/n2Cd5GjK

If anyone knows the problem/how to fix it that would be a big help. I've had issues with agricraft causing the instance to crash, requiring MCedit to clear out the agricraft stuff, so if that the error again, i'll happily clear it out again.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Just made an account to comment here. I'm using version 1.0.2, and have had zero issues in the 2 months or so i've been playing through regrowth. today however, after switching out of my world to test a mob grinder in a test world, I came back to only be able to boot up the world for like half a second, then it drops out and gives me the error "a fatal error has occurred, this connection is terminated" and sends me to the multiplayer tab. Only thing is, is that im playing in an offline, SSP world. I'm running Mac OSX 10.11.1 and I've done no updates to the launcher, java, or anything really. I don't have a firewall enabled, nor do I have antivirus active.

The test world boots up fine, as does any other world I make. I tried reinstalling a clean copy of the modpack, but nothing changed. There's no crash logs, as it didn't crash, but here's the log from the console window (This is a fresh account, so if the link doesnt show it's probably because the mods have to approve it first, sorry for the inconvenience).

https://pastebin.com/n2Cd5GjK

If anyone knows the problem/how to fix it that would be a big help. I've had issues with agricraft causing the instance to crash, requiring MCedit to clear out the agricraft stuff, so if that the error again, i'll happily clear it out again.
This appears to be due to an error with the Mariculture Air Pump. I believe this is a known issue that the Mariculture dev has no intention to fix in 1.7.10.

If you can track down the offending air pump and remove it in MC Edit you should be able to get the world up again.

Last edited:

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,I've set up some Teleposers,and have a couple of Teleposer Foci. Problem is,I can't seem to get them to work,for love nor money. Here's what I'm doing;

-Place Teleposers. I done this before I made Foci to link them; My first few Foci went into building them. I have one Nexus,and four remote locations,all in the Overworld.
-Make Foci. I have eight total Teleposers,so I've made eight Foci.
-Link to remote location. I take one Teleposition Focus,and right click the remote location's Teleposer. In this case,my Blood Magic lab.
-Attempt to link to Nexus. Right clicking on the corresponding Nexus Teleposer does nothing but overwrite the coordinates already saved by the Focus. Shift-right clicking does nothing.

What am I doing wrong,here?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So,I've set up some Teleposers,and have a couple of Teleposer Foci. Problem is,I can't seem to get them to work,for love nor money. Here's what I'm doing;

-Place Teleposers. I done this before I made Foci to link them; My first few Foci went into building them. I have one Nexus,and four remote locations,all in the Overworld.
-Make Foci. I have eight total Teleposers,so I've made eight Foci.
-Link to remote location. I take one Teleposition Focus,and right click the remote location's Teleposer. In this case,my Blood Magic lab.
-Attempt to link to Nexus. Right clicking on the corresponding Nexus Teleposer does nothing but overwrite the coordinates already saved by the Focus. Shift-right clicking does nothing.

What am I doing wrong,here?
You are good up to step 4.

For step four, right click on the nexus teleposer with an empty hand and place the foci in the gui slot.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,made my first trip,ever,into the Outer Realms. Interesting place; The moment I saw it was a labyrinth,I turned right around and made myself some Guiding Thread. Best decision I've made. Found myself a tablet of some kind,so now I'm trying to find the large whole that its tooltip alludes to. This Botanist/Thaumaturge will not be denied.

Trippy place,though.

EDIT: Navigated the Outer Realms,and fought some sort of super Eldritch Guardian,which had a DPS absurd enough to outdo the Gaia Guardian II. I ate two yellow hearts to stay alive,and I'm as close to Iosa the Invincible as I can get,in this pack.

I like Thaumcraft's bosses!

But,now,I'm stuck playing with the Node Manipulator; The book I got from the quest said it was a Growing Node? But,I keep getting rather normal nodes,which don't eat Ethereal Essence? I keep pumping 70 of each Primal into it. Maybe I should dump all 250 of each Primal into it from my Elementium/Dreamwood staff? Would that improve the odds of me getting a Growing Node?

Last edited:

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Just did that, finally got some koboldite ingot.
Now the only problem I have is that I still can't access the spirit world because I keep on drowning 15 seconds after getting in a dream, even though im not in the water.

Unless something changed since my last play thru Witchery does not remove baubles when you enter the spirit world. Band of Mana and a Ring of the Chordata or a water breathing tainted blood pendant might help.

My first witchery area was in a filled in a bay i filled in so i got dropped into the water in the spirit world. If it is suffocation not drowning it might be because you modified the terrain. I'm not sure what would happen if you drank the brew in a cave you dug out yourself for instance.

P

popetasticperson

I'm having a problem with mekanism factories and my ME system. I've got 3 crusher factories feeding 3 rows of bio-generators. The crusher factories get pumpkins and sugarcane out of my ME system with an export bus connected to a chest. The chest uses mekanism pipes to move the items into the crushers. This worked perfectly for several hours, my chests/crushers/generators were always full. For some reason though it stopped working and I can't figure out why or how. The crushers, generators, and export bus all work just fine but the pipes have stopped moving my food into the crushers.

I double checked that all of the inputs were still configured right and they were, and besides it worked perfectly for hours and I never touched it. The pipes are all pushing and pulling where they're supposed to. Bio fuel goes from the crusher to the generator without a problem. The chest is getting pumpkins from the export bus without a problem. I've tried swapping to sugarcane, carrots, and potatoes but it didn't help. I tried them individually as well all together with a capacity card in the export bus. If I set the chest pipe to push into another chest instead of the crushers it works fine. I've tried using inputs on the tops and sides of the crushers. After I did this it actually started working fine again but when I came back later to check it had stopped working. I also tried replacing the chest, pipe, export bus, and crusher factories just incase but that didn't help either. Does anyone have any ideas?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with mekanism factories and my ME system. I've got 3 crusher factories feeding 3 rows of bio-generators. The crusher factories get pumpkins and sugarcane out of my ME system with an export bus connected to a chest. The chest uses mekanism pipes to move the items into the crushers. This worked perfectly for several hours, my chests/crushers/generators were always full. For some reason though it stopped working and I can't figure out why or how. The crushers, generators, and export bus all work just fine but the pipes have stopped moving my food into the crushers.

I double checked that all of the inputs were still configured right and they were, and besides it worked perfectly for hours and I never touched it. The pipes are all pushing and pulling where they're supposed to. Bio fuel goes from the crusher to the generator without a problem. The chest is getting pumpkins from the export bus without a problem. I've tried swapping to sugarcane, carrots, and potatoes but it didn't help. I tried them individually as well all together with a capacity card in the export bus. If I set the chest pipe to push into another chest instead of the crushers it works fine. I've tried using inputs on the tops and sides of the crushers. After I did this it actually started working fine again but when I came back later to check it had stopped working. I also tried replacing the chest, pipe, export bus, and crusher factories just incase but that didn't help either. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the memory chunk is unloading because you are moving out of the area. If you do not build in your spawn area, and depending on your settings if you move out to far it will unload the chunk from memory. I use personal anchors to keep my core base area's going.

MCBozo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything you can put in a seared tank, other than lava, to power the smeltery, perhaps with faster processing speeds?

J

Jenny

Is there a way to play this in Single Player mode? I don't have a server to upload this too and I just want to play by myself. I'm new to modpacks so I need the most basic help about how to do this. Thank you!