FTB Beyond Release

B

Brakeless Maniac

I don't know if this is the place to post this but i am having a some issues with crafting recipes for some things in the Industrial craft 2 mod, but this one is no way around. I am trying to craft an Advanced Electric Jetpack and for that i need 10k coolant cells. And to make one 10k cell it says i need 1000 universal fluid cells in ONE stack with tin plates on the sides. How on earth will be able to afford making fluid cells and for this and how should i be able to stack them? I really hope this is a "bug" and i would really want it fixed in that case. Without the bugs i really anjoy the mod pack, it is just missing a few mods like twilight forrest, i would really like to see twilight forest in the future when it gets updated to 1.10.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
... I am trying to craft an Advanced Electric Jetpack and for that i need 10k coolant cells...

Welcome to IC2 and its limited JEI integration, you need to craft coolant in a canning machine then craft it with 4 tin plates to create the 10k. Since it has durability if you use it to absorb heat it also has that status bar across it. Just start reading the wiki with this page about coolant, everything you need has a link from that page to get the rest of the parts.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Coolant_(Fluid)

Reactions: Everlasting2
B

Brakeless Maniac

Welcome to IC2 and its limited JEI integration, you need to craft coolant in a canning machine then craft it with 4 tin plates to create the 10k. Since it has durability if you use it to absorb heat it also has that status bar across it. Just start reading the wiki with this page about coolant, everything you need has a link from that page to get the rest of the parts.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Coolant_(Fluid)
Okay so i missed the whole canning process, thank you, JEI made me really confused with the 1000 cell thing, thanks i got it working now!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Problem with Forestry in the newest FTB Beyond Version:

I can't seem to get the secondary output / specialty from bees even if i match their preferred biome / temperature / humidity.
Is there something i am missing here?
2017-05-24_18.19.34.png
From The wiki, " Diamond Bees produce Rocky Combs every 7.6 minutes. They produce Diamond Combs every 150 minutes = 2.5 hours as their specialty from which Tiny Piles of Diamond Dust and Tiny Piles of Coal Dust can be won. Note that production times are an approximation based on the bee's base production speed and the product's rarity. They do not reflect actual production time." Basically it takes like 20 times longer to produce Diamond Combs. Let your game set and run afk for 4 hours or so and check then. If you don't play on a server just start on lan and watch some netflix or something. Note: that is like 7.5 days in game, fyi.

K

Keopha

Hello !
I don't know if someone have the same problem, but I can't find any solution to this..

I'm playing FTB Beyond on a singleplayer world, not opened to LAN, but recently I started having rollback, like when you're on a server and the TPS are low, you break a block and it come back again.. But on singleplayer !

https://i.imgur.com/ISwk0Mw.gifv

^ gif for example

Does anyone knows why I keep getting these freeze ? :/

PC Specs : https://t.co/4ZvMSww64F (I don't think my computer is the problem tho, I didn't have these problem at first

Thanks a lot :)

EDIT : Also when I quit the game; there is the message "Shutting down internal server" (or something along the lines), but I swear I didn't opened the game to LAN :/

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hello !
I don't know if someone have the same problem, but I can't find any solution to this..

I'm playing FTB Beyond on a singleplayer world, not opened to LAN, but recently I started having rollback, like when you're on a server and the TPS are low, you break a block and it come back again.. But on singleplayer !

https://i.imgur.com/ISwk0Mw.gifv

^ gif for example

Does anyone knows why I keep getting these freeze ? :/

PC Specs : https://t.co/4ZvMSww64F (I don't think my computer is the problem tho, I didn't have these problem at first

Thanks a lot :)

EDIT : Also when I quit the game; there is the message "Shutting down internal server" (or something along the lines), but I swear I didn't opened the game to LAN :/
Ok I'll start...what do you mean roll back? Like on a server there are 2 different things that you are talking about here so I'll try to explain. Roll back is when a server rolles back a save file when something bad happens or something gets corrupted or the like. When you mine a block on a server and then the block break but reappears that is "Block Lag". You can get this on single player as well from you gpu and cpu trying to keep up usually because of to little memory. I see your specs but if you haven't said how much ram you set for minecraft. If it is default it will still only use 4-5 gb. I suggest moving it up to around 6-8 and see if the block lag stops. Also make sure your not in power saving mode.

K

Keopha

Ok I'll start...what do you mean roll back? Like on a server there are 2 different things that you are talking about here so I'll try to explain. Roll back is when a server rolles back a save file when something bad happens or something gets corrupted or the like. When you mine a block on a server and then the block break but reappears that is "Block Lag". You can get this on single player as well from you gpu and cpu trying to keep up usually because of to little memory. I see your specs but if you haven't said how much ram you set for minecraft. If it is default it will still only use 4-5 gb. I suggest moving it up to around 6-8 and see if the block lag stops. Also make sure your not in power saving mode.
Hello, thanks for answering :)

Yeah it's block lag (as you can see in the gif I linked), I set the maximum ram allowed at 16 Gb
Mhh no I am not in power saving mode either :/

Here are my parameters :
qBb21gU.png

Maybe I should add a line in the "Java arguments" part ? But I don't know what I have to write there (well I know the usual thing, xmx and xms or something)..

Oh and my CPU is overclocked @4.7GHz

Last edited:
K

Keopha

Eh.. I can't edit so, sorry for the 2nd message :

Did some digging, I read that allocating too much RAM could cause problem so I allocated less (8GB) : didn't work
I thought that it was due to a mod I added (TreeChopper), so I removed it : didn't work
And last, I tried loading a new world, it worked and the problem was gone, so I think it might be because of the number of chunk I loaded (?) Because I traveled a lot in this world, since it's an amplified one, and I was looking for a specific biome !

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hello, thanks for answering :)

Yeah it's block lag (as you can see in the gif I linked), I set the maximum ram allowed at 16 Gb
Mhh no I am not in power saving mode either :/

Here are my parameters :
qBb21gU.png

Maybe I should add a line in the "Java arguments" part ? But I don't know what I have to write there (well I know the usual thing, xmx and xms or something)..

Oh and my CPU is overclocked @4.7GHz

You need to cut waaaaaay back on the amount of ram you've allocated! Java tries to "clean up" memory usage as soon as it finishes using things like variables and such, but the way Minecraft is currently written it can only clean so much at a time without interfering with game operations.

In Version 1.7.10 packs with no resource packs 4.5 GB or so was about right. With 1.10.2 packs, same conditions I run perfectly at 5.5 GB. You've got so much extra ram for Java to check and clean that the "Garbage collection" algorithm is probably running more often than Minecraft.

K

Keopha

You need to cut waaaaaay back on the amount of ram you've allocated! Java tries to "clean up" memory usage as soon as it finishes using things like variables and such, but the way Minecraft is currently written it can only clean so much at a time without interfering with game operations.

In Version 1.7.10 packs with no resource packs 4.5 GB or so was about right. With 1.10.2 packs, same conditions I run perfectly at 5.5 GB. You've got so much extra ram for Java to check and clean that the "Garbage collection" algorithm is probably running more often than Minecraft.

Did that (allocated 6 and 7GB), the problem is still here, I really think the problem comes from a mod loading too much chunk, because I don't have this problem on a brand new world
(new gif : http://imgur.com/LHnnsaJ)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Eh.. I can't edit so, sorry for the 2nd message :

Did some digging, I read that allocating too much RAM could cause problem so I allocated less (8GB) : didn't work
I thought that it was due to a mod I added (TreeChopper), so I removed it : didn't work
And last, I tried loading a new world, it worked and the problem was gone, so I think it might be because of the number of chunk I loaded (?) Because I traveled a lot in this world, since it's an amplified one, and I was looking for a specific biome !
I don't know what number you had loaded but most keep it around 10-12 chunks. Any less and you get the "fog" which looks bad and any more and you basically loading more chunks then you can even see and cause major lag trying to keep all those loaded.

OfficerLovejoy

Jul 29, 2019
From The wiki, " Diamond Bees produce Rocky Combs every 7.6 minutes. They produce Diamond Combs every 150 minutes = 2.5 hours as their specialty from which Tiny Piles of Diamond Dust and Tiny Piles of Coal Dust can be won. Note that production times are an approximation based on the bee's base production speed and the product's rarity. They do not reflect actual production time." Basically it takes like 20 times longer to produce Diamond Combs. Let your game set and run afk for 4 hours or so and check then. If you don't play on a server just start on lan and watch some netflix or something. Note: that is like 7.5 days in game, fyi.
Problem here is that the wiki is way out of date and the bees don't produce Diamond Combs anymore. They produce the diamond nuggets directly.
I have been running Diamond Bees for about 50 generations now and haven't gotten a single diamond nugget yet, although i have been keeping it warm / normal which should be the perfect condition for those bees.
Is it maybe because i have the "shortest" lifetime? Maybe those nuggets take a certain amount of lifetime to produce?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Problem here is that the wiki is way out of date and the bees don't produce Diamond Combs anymore. They produce the diamond nuggets directly.
I have been running Diamond Bees for about 50 generations now and haven't gotten a single diamond nugget yet, although i have been keeping it warm / normal which should be the perfect condition for those bees.
Is it maybe because i have the "shortest" lifetime? Maybe those nuggets take a certain amount of lifetime to produce?
I'll keep testing but for now the JEI bees thing says it is a 15% chance I don't know if they disabled it but if you process the combs you will get crystal slime or what ever. Process that again and you will get crystal grains. You can put the grains in a chest shape in a carpenter and get diamond shards that way.

H

Hero3265

Need some help with MFFS please. I can't seem to bypass the forcefield projector. All my MFFS machines are connected to a security station that has my card in both the master slot and the one below it allowing me everything. When I go to use the field transporter, it does nothing when left clicked, right clicked or sneak clicked with either. Any help would be appreciated.

K

Keopha

I don't know what number you had loaded but most keep it around 10-12 chunks. Any less and you get the "fog" which looks bad and any more and you basically loading more chunks then you can even see and cause major lag trying to keep all those loaded.
Mhh just check, it's at 12 chunks

M

MagicMage1238

@Quetzi FYI I was in Spectator Mode ( Gamemode 3 ) and right clicked a Absorbtion Hopper and was imeeditaly kicked from the server and had a error message on my screen (Havent tried again) but did not crash in Beyond 1.7.0 (Don't know if this is a issue anyone is aware of yet)

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
This is not the place to be posting bug reports. There is a board devoted to tech support issues and another for bugs. Using them will get you help much quicker.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This is not the place to be posting bug reports. There is a board devoted to tech support issues and another for bugs. Using them will get you help much quicker.

Technically, this forum tree should only be used by FtB staffers to disseminate news about FtB, Packs and mods with all other discussion in another thread... Probably called "General Discussion" or some such :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Technically, this forum tree should only be used by FtB staffers to disseminate news about FtB, Packs and mods with all other discussion in another thread... Probably called "General Discussion" or some such :D
I don't think the issue is them posting comments here Hambeau. It is that the people that help with those problems don't look over here for problems so they will not get the help the need. where as if they posted over there they would get more responses that were more helpful. Also any discussion about the news topics on hands is allowed.

D

Diesel_PSTR

any reason why AE1 makes Beyond crash when i manually add it into the mod pack?