Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

X

XaolinPanda

It really does seem to me like you're missing a step. Try just crafting as many different things with the table as you can right now and see what happens.

Nope nothing happened. I am starting to give up. I have been trying it for a few hours now and can not progress any further.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
There may be exploring you've missed; villages, temples and whatnot in the Overworld, bedrock, getting to hell, going thru a hole in the roof of hell, finding the buildings there, all are needed at some point to progress. I'm not sure if the village one is required, but it can't hurt to have it.

X

XaolinPanda

So I was able to find out most things ... now I am just stuck on finding out how to unlock the crystal repeater recipe.

There may be exploring you've missed; villages, temples and whatnot in the Overworld, bedrock, getting to hell, going thru a hole in the roof of hell, finding the buildings there, all are needed at some point to progress. I'm not sure if the village one is required, but it can't hurt to have it.

I had unlocked everything before that ... idk I started a new world and did everything the same and unlocked the recipes for the lumen repeaters. The last few hors i have been trying to progress furthrt "Broadcasting" but no luck yet.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
So I was able to find out most things ... now I am just stuck on finding out how to unlock the crystal repeater recipe.

I had unlocked everything before that ... idk I started a new world and did everything the same and unlocked the recipes for the lumen repeaters. The last few hors i have been trying to progress furthrt "Broadcasting" but no luck yet.

Hmm... I wonder what ChromatiCraft infrastructure you could set up that involves broadcasting something? ;)

Build a Ritual Altar, connect it via the Lumen Repeaters to a Kuro, Kitrino, or Karmir pylon, start the Pylon Surge Protection ritual, and transfer at least one lumen from the pylon to the altar.

Now, incidentally, I'm stuck on this step too - I have the repeaters properly set up on the wood blocks and starting *very* close to the pylon, but when I hit them with the Manipulator they just buzz.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I got it to work via moving my altar to be right next to the pylon. Now that I have that progression, time to throw all those wooden repeaters into lava and never speak of them again :p

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
My MC instance frequently crashes with a Ticking Memory Connection NPE when I try to use Fluid Link Anchors.

https://pastebin.com/G3XCcDpn

EDIT: Think I figured it out - opening the GUI immediately after placing them seems to be something MC doesn't like.

Last edited:

Kingofrunes

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question in regards to the Lumen Streams. I was hoping to experience them and I've completed all the progression and got all the research. Howevever, I still don't see any lumen streams in the Chromaticraft Dimension and I'm using Chromaticraft 1.7.10 V16d. This version should have those right? Tried going to the same place I saw Reika at in his Lumen Stream Video of 0,0, 507

Is there something I'm missing here or are they just not actually fully implemented?

I guess in the code these are called Sky Rivers? I see that they generated according to the server but I'm not seeing them :(

Whoa I logged off and logged back on and I think I was put in one but it's not rendering it. What setting could be making it not render?

Finally figured it after checking out a ticket about an issue regarding the Far Lands. Evidently Fasticraft's culling was causing it to not render and I had to disable that. Little bit greedy there aren't ya Fasticraft?

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to hide the beams between fluid link anchors? At this point I've got a bunch set up all over my fluid storage room, and they're really distracting.

S

SantyPlays

hello,reika
its normal have a lot of performance issuses,since im having drops of (500fps to 120-40) and others are having drops of (5-20 fps...),(the pcs of my friends are decent enough to run a 100 mods pack)
by using the mod.?

since i really like the mod
but its making unplayeable my sv

Last edited:
S

Stefan The Legend

is there a way to leave the chroma dimension? if yes i havent figgured it out

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Hint: How did you enter?
Think of doing the opposite.
It's down at the bottom.
Near Spawn, if you dig down to bedrock, there are gaps within it that are something else, if you jump into them, it takes you out.

Kingofrunes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with getting the Polychromatic Bees to produce anything. I left them running overnight hoping they'd produce something but nothing. The pictures for the setup and confirmation I've hit the proper steps required in the spoiler tag so I don't make this a really long post.

893c863d41.png

a8125fc1a8.png

350482d19a.png

ed46605133.png

e49d843da6.png

The Karmir Bees and Iridescent Bees are all properly producing their specialty products so not sure if I'm missing something. In theory the Lumen Alveary Booster should be providing all the conditions the bees need to be Jubilient and the Book itself suggests the Rainbow Forest with it's 50% boost in production

Using Chromaticraft 1.7.10v16d and Forestry 1.7.10 4.2.16.64 if that helps any

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
1. Have you cleared all of the gating discoveries in the handbook? Those are things you know you need to know more about.
2. If you find research fragments, are they blank, or are you discovering things? You have to find fragments at some point to continue.
3. Have you, in fact, crafted at least 1 of each of the things you can now craft? Or are you trying to craft 64 of one item, expecting that the total crafting is what counts (as opposed to number of different things crafted)

Q: Reika: Can you clarify what the fragments are supposed to represent? If its just "what you figure out by wandering around, looking, and exploring", that doesn't really fit the issue of them being mostly in your structures, and occasionally in dungeons / strongholds. "Notes made by others before" does make sense, but then, how did they do the research to write those notes, and why can't you do that research yourself?
This now has an answer. :p

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
The new Aura Tracker is a godsend. Will still be a little rough getting to Runecasting to make it, but between that and the buff to notes per burrow 200+ Lore Fragments look a lot less staggering now.

Is the "Lumen Incineration" screen supposed to be showing up at that progression level? Comes up when clicking a purple square on the character inventory screen, just under the normal 2x2 crafting output. It's got a Missing Texture UI, but not sure what that means.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The new Aura Tracker is a godsend. Will still be a little rough getting to Runecasting to make it, but between that and the buff to notes per burrow 200+ Lore Fragments look a lot less staggering now.

Is the "Lumen Incineration" screen supposed to be showing up at that progression level? Comes up when clicking a purple square on the character inventory screen, just under the normal 2x2 crafting output. It's got a Missing Texture UI, but not sure what that means.
It shows up fairly early.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, interesting problem.

I have a scrambled name for the purplish dust that is in all of the energized core recipes.

On the progress tab I have available to do refractory gems (guessing this was supposed to trigger from mining lumenite, based on the lumenite description?), glowing towers, mysterious relics (I haven't found either of these or a luminous cliffs biome, starting to wonder if there's a worldgen conflict with the structure and if the biome is just really rare?), aerial predator (on a server, someone beat me to the dragon), and recharging.

Aside from those, not sure what I'm not doing.