Halitosis Generator Autmation?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
A few questions.

I am working towards getting a rainbow generator going ... I'm about half-way towards automating it. Is there some way to automatically collect dragon's breath? Thus automating this furnace?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I don't think there is, but if you limit the output, you can make a single stack of dragon's breath last for multiple days. That should last you long enough, especially if you just put a hopper on top filled with more dragon's breath.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the mod Woot, you can set it up with an enderdragon "spawner", which will include dragon eggs, dragon breath, and Draconic Evolution drops if you have that installed. Kinda OP, but I'm not complaining, and it is pretty power hungry (though a Nether Star gen with 20 speed upgrades can keep up with it as long as you don't put more than a l1 rate upgrade on the spawner). Also useful for Nether Stars.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
If you have the mod Woot, you can set it up with an enderdragon "spawner", which will include dragon eggs, dragon breath, and Draconic Evolution drops if you have that installed. Kinda OP, but I'm not complaining, and it is pretty power hungry (though a Nether Star gen with 20 speed upgrades can keep up with it as long as you don't put more than a l1 rate upgrade on the spawner). Also useful for Nether Stars.

Is it too OP to the point that the RF i get from the rainbow gen far and exceeds what this cost to run? Like it costs 100k and im getting 1 mill?

What are resources like to build it?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see...For the basic tier-4 spawner
iron and nether bricks, you'll probably need a stack or two of both. But Iron is common and you can smelt netherack into nether brick then craft bricks from that.
13-14 bone and rotten flesh
some amount of blaze powder. I forget how much. Less than 16 I think.
13-ish ender pearls. Might be 14.
2 nether stars
couple blocks of lapis and redstone. You'll need at least two blocks of each for the basic stuff, plus another block of each for every 9 mob controllers. So probably, 3 of each is enough.
one eye of ender per mob controller (these can be swapped out on a spawner freely)
one each of red,orange,yellow,green,blue, and purple dyes per mob controller

Then we get into upgrades. These are basically extra blocks that get put on the spawner. There are upgrades for looting, rate (speed of spawning), mass (how many are spawned), xp (gives xp shards worth 16 xp points each. How much depends on the mob and level), beheading (doesn't work on wither skeletons, because reasons), blood magic (gives LP to a nearby altar), and efficiency (reduces RF cost)
A tier 4 spawner can support up to 4 types of upgrades
Each type has three tiers, and you stack them with the last tier going below the next.
They generally follow this crafting recipe:
Tier 1: 4 blocks of nether quartz, <Enchantment> level 1 book, three secondary items, tier 1 upgrade item
Tier 2: 4 prismarine shards, <Enchantment> level 2 book, <enchantment> level 1 book, 2 secondary items (either the same as the previous tier, or a compressed version (eg redstone block instead of redstone), tier 2 upgrade item
Tier 3: 4 endstone, 2x <enchantment> level 3 books, <enchantment> level 2 book, <enchantment> level 1 book, tier 3 upgrade item.

The core upgrade items require effectively 5/9 of either a nether quartz (tier 1), an emerald (tier 2), or a diamond (tier 3).

Of course, with all those enchanted books you're going to be needing, you'll almost certainly want an EnderIO Enchanter, as getting the books the "normal" way would be an exercise in masochism.

Finally, power requirements. As far as I can tell, Woot first calculates a total RF, based on spawner tier, the mob being spawned, and upgrades (I think all upgrades cost the same per tier). Then, based on the spawn rate, it calculates an rf/t from the total RF. My current spawner has rate 1 (reduces spawn time from 360 ticks to 180), looting 3, mass 3, and xp 3. An ender dragon takes something like 80k rf/t to spawn with this setup, but between "spawning" 8 at a time and having looting 3 applied, it's kinda insane how quickly items build up.

An aside, if you do go with this, and want the xp, the way I've found to handle it is to set up an EnderIO xp vacuum with a xp obelisk set to pull on top, and then have a ExUtils mechanical user next to it set to right click, that you feed the xp shards into.

Anyways, that's the basic info. Your decision if it's too OP for you or not.

Reactions: Inaeo

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Let's see...For the basic tier-4 spawner
iron and nether bricks, you'll probably need a stack or two of both. But Iron is common and you can smelt netherack into nether brick then craft bricks from that.
13-14 bone and rotten flesh
some amount of blaze powder. I forget how much. Less than 16 I think.
13-ish ender pearls. Might be 14.
2 nether stars
couple blocks of lapis and redstone. You'll need at least two blocks of each for the basic stuff, plus another block of each for every 9 mob controllers. So probably, 3 of each is enough.
one eye of ender per mob controller (these can be swapped out on a spawner freely)
one each of red,orange,yellow,green,blue, and purple dyes per mob controller

Then we get into upgrades. These are basically extra blocks that get put on the spawner. There are upgrades for looting, rate (speed of spawning), mass (how many are spawned), xp (gives xp shards worth 16 xp points each. How much depends on the mob and level), beheading (doesn't work on wither skeletons, because reasons), blood magic (gives LP to a nearby altar), and efficiency (reduces RF cost)
A tier 4 spawner can support up to 4 types of upgrades
Each type has three tiers, and you stack them with the last tier going below the next.
They generally follow this crafting recipe:
Tier 1: 4 blocks of nether quartz, <Enchantment> level 1 book, three secondary items, tier 1 upgrade item
Tier 2: 4 prismarine shards, <Enchantment> level 2 book, <enchantment> level 1 book, 2 secondary items (either the same as the previous tier, or a compressed version (eg redstone block instead of redstone), tier 2 upgrade item
Tier 3: 4 endstone, 2x <enchantment> level 3 books, <enchantment> level 2 book, <enchantment> level 1 book, tier 3 upgrade item.

The core upgrade items require effectively 5/9 of either a nether quartz (tier 1), an emerald (tier 2), or a diamond (tier 3).

Of course, with all those enchanted books you're going to be needing, you'll almost certainly want an EnderIO Enchanter, as getting the books the "normal" way would be an exercise in masochism.

Finally, power requirements. As far as I can tell, Woot first calculates a total RF, based on spawner tier, the mob being spawned, and upgrades (I think all upgrades cost the same per tier). Then, based on the spawn rate, it calculates an rf/t from the total RF. My current spawner has rate 1 (reduces spawn time from 360 ticks to 180), looting 3, mass 3, and xp 3. An ender dragon takes something like 80k rf/t to spawn with this setup, but between "spawning" 8 at a time and having looting 3 applied, it's kinda insane how quickly items build up.

An aside, if you do go with this, and want the xp, the way I've found to handle it is to set up an EnderIO xp vacuum with a xp obelisk set to pull on top, and then have a ExUtils mechanical user next to it set to right click, that you feed the xp shards into.

Anyways, that's the basic info. Your decision if it's too OP for you or not.

Doesn't sound to bad. Is there a way to limit certain items that are rare or hard to get normally? Like the dragon hearts for example?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
For the ender dragon (and apparently only the ender dragon) there is a drop list where you can modify drop amount and chance (with options for each tier of looting).

On the note of configs, you can change the base rf rate for each spawner and upgrade, plus rf cost for most mobs. There's also some way to add item or fluid costs to spawning, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
For the ender dragon (and apparently only the ender dragon) there is a drop list where you can modify drop amount and chance (with options for each tier of looting).

On the note of configs, you can change the base rf rate for each spawner and upgrade, plus rf cost for most mobs. There's also some way to add item or fluid costs to spawning, but I haven't looked into it yet.

May look into it. If configurable i may do it to be not so OP lol

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
Keep in mind, that you can throttle the generators to 10% by limiting the energy output. The generators have only to run once every 10 ticks in order to be seen as active by the rainbow gen. That means one breath lasts for about 90 minutes, so a stack of dragons breath will last you for more than 3 days of constant running.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Keep in mind, that you can throttle the generators to 10% by limiting the energy output. The generators have only to run once every 10 ticks in order to be seen as active by the rainbow gen. That means one breath lasts for about 90 minutes, so a stack of dragons breath will last you for more than 3 days of constant running.

Orly? How i do that?

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
I used the Relay from RFTools, but the EnderIO Capacitor bank works as well. I found however that is more reliable to limit the output of the relay rather than the input. I made a rather long tutorial here. The first part focuses on the power limitation:

And just an update for Beyond: the rainbow gen makes 25 Million RF/tick, but no longer multiple outputs on each side)