[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's just on my side (or a known bug I couldn't seem to find a mention of) but do your Mariculture Vats eat the lava buckets too? I used a different save to recreate the problem and it isn't only my save.

I used both Iron Buckets and Fired Clay Buckets but both of them get eaten. If JoshieJack knows of this problem already (and its going to be fixed in the next version or something) then I can wait and just give me my buckets back with cheats (since its annoying to make buckets all the time just so I can make obsidian)
Hmm. Everything, including the vat, eats clay buckets of lava by design. I have never heard of the vats eating the iron buckets, though.

Naphomci

Jul 29, 2019
So, I recently restarted, and have run into two recipe issues. For some reason, I am unable to craft either the Painter or the Iron Wheel. It doesn't matter which type of dye I use in the painted (and yes I am matching the recipe in NEI). Similarly, the iron wheel (marticulture item) doesn't work. If I try to shift click into the crafting table, nothing happens. If I place them in the table, nothing appears in the output.

Anyone else have this issue, or a possible solution?

E

EscapeRope

Hmm. Everything, including the vat, eats clay buckets of lava by design. I have never heard of the vats eating the iron buckets, though.

I didn't know that was intentional. And I've seen the iron bucket eating in non-FTB packs too (ATLauncher, Technic Launcher etc.) but with different things.

I also noticed whenever I want to make seeds of the metals (Tin, Iron, Copper etc.) with the Runic Altar, it doesn't work.
I put all the needed ingredients on it, drop a Livingrock on it and right-click with my Wand of the Forest (in Bind Mode) and it seems to work but doesnt give me any seeds and resets the accumulated Mana back.

(And yes, I did this when the Altar was shooting lightning out of it indicating that it's ready.)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know that was intentional. And I've seen the iron bucket eating in non-FTB packs too (ATLauncher, Technic Launcher etc.) but with different things.

I also noticed whenever I want to make seeds of the metals (Tin, Iron, Copper etc.) with the Runic Altar, it doesn't work.
I put all the needed ingredients on it, drop a Livingrock on it and right-click with my Wand of the Forest (in Bind Mode) and it seems to work but doesnt give me any seeds and resets the accumulated Mana back.

(And yes, I did this when the Altar was shooting lightning out of it indicating that it's ready.)
The only thing I can think of is that it is a two step process. You drop all the ingredients, the altar starts cooking, and when the lightning starts, you drop the Living Rock and whack it with the wand. The Lexicia Botania isn't clear, but I believe the wand should be in Function Mode when working with the altar. A gentleman by the name of Riskable has a video of a very neat and compact automation of the Runic altar, I highly recommend it (and his other botania videos).

E

ExF_Renex

For some reason whenever I enter the spirit world I drown after 10-20 seconds pass, I even tried staying in creative but it wont work anyways.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,my agricultural tower is twelve floors tall,and it's only getting taller. My sole means of getting up and down is the 3*3 spiral staircase running up the centre. Does the modpack include clever ways for a controlled ascent and descent? I'm omitting the Zephyr and Rod of the Skies,because they are very much uncontrolled.

EDIT: Oh,wonderful. I found an invisible black hole near my Witchery area. Something to be worried about?

Last edited:
T

Tabsmith

I am rather new to minecraft for the pc, was wondering how i would go about making a private server for myself and a friend with the Regrowth mod pack. sorry if its a noob question :D

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
So,my agricultural tower is twelve floors tall,and it's only getting taller. My sole means of getting up and down is the 3*3 spiral staircase running up the centre. Does the modpack include clever ways for a controlled ascent and descent? I'm omitting the Zephyr and Rod of the Skies,because they are very much uncontrolled.

EDIT: Oh,wonderful. I found an invisible black hole near my Witchery area. Something to be worried about?
Yes, there are controlled ways. Thaumcraft has one and some of the tech mods have them also. (Way too much blood in the caffeine system, my poor dragon brain can't remember all of them.)

You have found a Thaumcraft Hungry Node! Block it off with obsidian as soon as possible, it WILL kill you!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I am rather new to minecraft for the pc, was wondering how i would go about making a private server for myself and a friend with the Regrowth mod pack. sorry if its a noob question :D
There are a number of ways to do it, depends on what operating system you are using. Google or other search engines are your friends. The server files for Regrowth are on the FTB/Curse website.

If you have a spare computer to devote to the task, I personally use MineOS. It is written for Linux and greatly simplifies the process.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Yes, there are controlled ways. Thaumcraft has one and some of the tech mods have them also. (Way too much blood in the caffeine system, my poor dragon brain can't remember all of them.)

You have found a Thaumcraft Hungry Node! Block it off with obsidian as soon as possible, it WILL kill you!

That's... Terrifying. So,some questions.

1) Does the event horizon expand?
2) What's the approximate vacuum radius? I'd count the depth of the crater,but that involves stepping into it. No thanks.
3) Will I be able to eventually exploit this thing? If it consumes blocks,then it stands to reason that it absorbs the Essentia of whatever it consumes.
4) If the above assumption is true,is there an upper limit to how much Essentia it can absorb?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
That's... Terrifying. So,some questions.

1) Does the event horizon expand?
2) What's the approximate vacuum radius? I'd count the depth of the crater,but that involves stepping into it. No thanks.
3) Will I be able to eventually exploit this thing? If it consumes blocks,then it stands to reason that it absorbs the Essentia of whatever it consumes.
4) If the above assumption is true,is there an upper limit to how much Essentia it can absorb?

1. No
2. Perhaps 6-7 blocks
3. Yes. If you feed the node it will absorb the essentia. I like feeding them crafting tables. Once they contain a ton of essentia, you can turn them into an energized node and power your thaumcraft devices with it. There are several methods to do this, but the most reliable involves using a taint biome, difficult to do in regrowth.
4. Not any limit you are likely to hit!

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
A taint biome would be easy to create,if time consuming. Set up a crucible under an Aura Node,and just keep feeding it junk to decompose into taint waste. Should to the trick after a while. Now,CONTAINING it would be another matter entirely.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A taint biome would be easy to create,if time consuming. Set up a crucible under an Aura Node,and just keep feeding it junk to decompose into taint waste. Should to the trick after a while. Now,CONTAINING it would be another matter entirely.
Luckily, its not as bad as you think - if you convert the biome into a tainted biome, then eventually (sooner or later) the node will become a tainted node. And here's the rub: it ceases to be a hungry node! So, you need to do all the feeding while its a hungry node, then taint the biome, then wait - once the node transforms from a hungry node into a tainted node, you can move it to where you need. Its worth mentioning that such a node, once energised to provide centiVis, no longer behaves taintedly, as long as it stays energised.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Looking at several Let's Plays of Regrowth,I've noticed something...

Does no one know of TCon's Heart Containers? There's three levels,each stacking to ten,meaning you can have 80 maximum health (two per heart,four sets of ten),permanently. Throw on an Absorption Potion,and a Notch Apple,and you're looking at an absolutely phenomenal volume of health. I've yet to fight the Gaea Guardian,and I'm sitting on ten Red Canisters,ten Yellow Canisters,and one Green Canister.

Let's Players,Direwolf in particular,agonize over having little health to fight these juggernauts with,and end up tripping over their own fingers trying to manage their buff potions in the middle of a fight with the Gaia Guardian II. The belt from TCon is also a wonderful little tool.

Also,much more on-topic; I'm stonewalled on scanning. All I've managed to scan is a frickin' torch. Is there a checklist around for Thaumcraft scanning?

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Also,much more on-topic; I'm stonewalled on scanning. All I've managed to scan is a frickin' torch. Is there a checklist around for Thaumcraft scanning?

The most important thing most thaumcraft newbies trip over is the fact that you MUST manually combine Aqua and Terra to create Victus at least once.
There exist no items with victus that don't also have higher level aspects on them. This is by design, to force the player to learn how to use the research table this way.

Once you have victus, learning aspects through scanning opens up to you.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The most important thing most thaumcraft newbies trip over is the fact that you MUST manually combine Aqua and Terra to create Victus at least once.
There exist no items with victus that don't also have higher level aspects on them. This is by design, to force the player to learn how to use the research table this way.

Once you have victus, learning aspects through scanning opens up to you.
Actually, the pearl oysters added by mariculture have aqua and victus. Getting to one of them in order to scan it is a bit tricksey! Easier just to do the combine.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Actually, the pearl oysters added by mariculture have aqua and victus. Getting to one of them in order to scan it is a bit tricksey! Easier just to do the combine.

Considering I have a snorkel,a Ring of Chordata,a Big Daddy suit,AND a scuba suit... The water is my domain. Hell,I'be built my base in the middle of an inland sea. Though,I really don't like going underwater; For some reason,it's almost impossible to move precisely down there. I'm pulled to specific places at random,when I try to move in one direction,I instead take off like a rocket in another,that sort of stuff.

EDIT: Thanks for the list,but it doesn't seem to cover everything; I'm missing a single aspect,and it's not covered by the list; It appears to be a sin. Here's my complete list of known aspects;
-Aer
-Terra
-Ignis
-Aqua
-Ordo
-Perditio
-Vacuos
-Lux
-Tempestas (Fun fact; Natura clouds provide!)
-Motus
-Gellum
-Vitreus
-Victus
-Venenum (Sulfur clouds!)
-Potentia
-Permutatio
-Metallum
-Mortuus
-Volatus
-Tenebrae
-Spiritus
-Sano
-Iter
-Alienus
-Praecantatio
-Auram
-Vitium (Yet to get; Going to scan the yield from the farmable taint plant.)
-Limus
-Herba
-Arbor
-Bestia
-Corpus
-Examinis
-Cognitio
-Sensus
-Humanus
-Messis
-Perfodio
-Instrumentum
-Meto
-Telum
-Tutamen
-Fames
-Lucrum
-Fabrico
-Pannus
-Machina
-Vinculum
-Luxuria
-Infernus
-Superbia
-Gula
-Invidia
-Desidia
-Ira
-UNKNOWN
Anyone know what I gotta scan to get that last one under my belt? I've scanned pretty much EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands

There may even be more items from various other mods that allow it, but I would consider that a bug, or at least a big derp on the part of mariculture. (and those other mods)

I remember in one of Direwolf20's videos Azanor stated that he wanted it to be that way. As a "knowledge gate" to get people to learn about the aspect combining feature of the mod.