Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

mentalrender

Anyone else having trouble downloading Mod Packs through the new Twitch/Curse App? While downloading Beyond latest release I get an error at random mods not installing then it just quits the download, not only it doesn't download beyond but any other modpack.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Anyone know the best way to farm dimlets on FTB Beyond? RFTools for 1.10.2 seems to give you faaaar fewer from dimlet huts and I don't see any other way to get the non-basic dimlets.

I'm wanting a no-mobs void world in which to build my base but I'm getting so few dimlets and the ones I do get are duplicates or Chisel variants of blocks. No unknown dimlets to scramble is a shame, too.

If you've got a need for dimlets then I assume you have all the generation equipment.

Watching Direwolf20's videos has shown that there are 2 possibilities... Generating random dimensions and searching in them for those little huts that contain dimlets or building an Enderman spawner to collect the (rare)dimlets they drop. Here's S 8 EP 51, where Direwolf20 starts looking for his dimensional materials. He eventually beefs up his spawner to get more dimlet parcels from Endermen.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got a need for dimlets then I assume you have all the generation equipment.

Watching Direwolf20's videos has shown that there are 2 possibilities... Generating random dimensions and searching in them for those little huts that contain dimlets or building an Enderman spawner to collect the (rare)dimlets they drop. Here's S 8 EP 51, where Direwolf20 starts looking for his dimensional materials. He eventually beefs up his spawner to get more dimlet parcels from Endermen.

Hmm. I spent about three hours yesterday hunting for dimlets in a flat world with loads of huts. Not got many useful ones.

As for the mob farm, I thought dimlets didn't drop from Endermen in 1.10.2?

And dimlet parcels aren't that useful, are they? I can only craft certain dimlets and I'm pretty sure I can't make a no-mobs one.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hmm. I spent about three hours yesterday hunting for dimlets in a flat world with loads of huts. Not got many useful ones.

And dimlet parcels aren't that useful, are they? I can only craft certain dimlets and I'm pretty sure I can't make a no-mobs one.

I think Direwolf checks the random dimensions to stock up on dimlet "ingredients" to put together for custom dimension characteristics and that's probably the quickest way to get "mass quantities" :D

Endermen still drop dimlet parcels but they are rare, and maybe only drop on a 'player kill' (I don't know, I don't spawn mobs at this time). In one of the later episodes I think Direwolf changed up the killing method in his spawner to get more. He did end up getting 2 of the level 6 items he needed after a few days of spawns, after all.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

isn't the no mob one made from peaceful essence ? anyways yes the best way for dimlit bits is mass slaughter of endermen (tip: try a different method then what dire used to spawn endermen it might prove more lucrative)

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
isn't the no mob one made from peaceful essence ? anyways yes the best way for dimlit bits is mass slaughter of endermen (tip: try a different method then what dire used to spawn endermen it might prove more lucrative)

Indeed they are, as I watched that video you linked and it reminded me the dimlet workbench was a thing. Currently working on acquiring all of the required essences.

As for the Endermen, I don't think my WOOT farm is gathering them... Will need to throw the Enderman Controller back on there and double-check. If not, there's of course the RFTools spawners and countless other spawners. Most of which I've never really used.

Apparently putting a jungle biome into an RFTools dimension and nothing else doesn't work... There's a lot of work to be doing here!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Apparently putting a jungle biome into an RFTools dimension and nothing else doesn't work... There's a lot of work to be doing here!
that says to rftools dimensions " i want a jungle biome and u can pick everything else" . so since u did not specify a biome controller it picks one at random which is a normal one/not single double biome . if you specify single biome as well as jungle it will not pick any biome besides that biome meaning the entire dimension will be a jungle biome in this case

small tip rftools is not good for mass spawning at the scale this(dimlet parsels) requires (it does have some lovely uses for times when a few/couple of that mob is worth a lot to you)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
For a while now I've had a small Refined Storage system, and it keeps a couple of Culinary Generators stocked with Omelets and Garden Soup. Two Exporters, with Crafting Cards, simple. Now, the Garden Soup one has stopped crafting. If I autocraft them within the system, the Exporter exports them, so the Crafter is still working. But the Crafting Card in the Exporter is basically not doing its job. Any ideas why?
I figured it out at last! It was getting confused over whether it had a pot or not, so I taught it how to make new pots and now it's fine. It seems to think it needs 5 pots for some reason.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
that says to rftools dimensions " i want a jungle biome and u can pick everything else" . so since u did not specify a biome controller it picks one at random which is a normal one/not single double biome . if you specify single biome as well as jungle it will not pick any biome besides that biome meaning the entire dimension will be a jungle biome in this case

small tip rftools is not good for mass spawning at the scale this(dimlet parsels) requires (it does have some lovely uses for times when a few/couple of that mob is worth a lot to you)

Yeah, I'd figured that. However, when I used a biome controller, it just showed a warning. Should be appropriate number of biomes followed by controller, yeah?

Either way, I hadn't found a jungle biome in the overworld and needed some ocelots. Fortunately, I spawned a random biome world and got a jungle!

I figured it out at last! It was getting confused over whether it had a pot or not, so I taught it how to make new pots and now it's fine. It seems to think it needs 5 pots for some reason.

I imagine it's because it takes the items out of the storage cells and "stores" it in the crafter while it's crafting a recipe. This means it can't make another recipe that requires that item until it's finished with it, even when the item is not used. I had the same issue auto-crafting WOOT items with AE2.

V

Viperion

Since I updated Java to SE8 ver 131 my custom mod pack does not load through the Curse/Twitch launcher. Anyone else getting this?

(It's a 1.10.2 pack - unfortunately I updated Java, "updated" to the Twitch launcher, and updated four or five mods all at once, so it may not be the Java upgrade but that's usually the first culprit)

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Since I updated Java to SE8 ver 131 my custom mod pack does not load through the Curse/Twitch launcher. Anyone else getting this?

(It's a 1.10.2 pack - unfortunately I updated Java, "updated" to the Twitch launcher, and updated four or five mods all at once, so it may not be the Java upgrade but that's usually the first culprit)

My only suggestion would be to downgrade your Java, or downgrade the mods you updated, etc. When you find the culprit, re-update everything else (one at a time) then investigate and report.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Am I allowed to ask about WTF Tweaks for 1.7.10 here?

I'm trying to figure out how to set the block gravity for each blocks. Can't seems to get it working

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
the order of the dimlets matters, the tool tip on the dimlet even says the order it should be placed

Indeed. I think I tried every order but it wouldn't work. Perhaps I was misreading the tooltips or something.

Possible major bug encountered. Has anyone else witness this issue?
At times, my ME system will "disconnect" itself and only show my craftable items. Very occasionally after this occurs it reduces the number of items I actually have available. I've lost around 200k yellorium because of this.
I'm using a storage bus with a high priority on some compacting drawers and lots of storage buses with a slightly lower priority on Nether Star upgraded YABBA barrels. And then I have 9 ME Drives with an assortment of cells on a much lower priority.
It appears that it's some sort of previous save of the data as last time it happened I went down to 42M cobblestone and it's gone to the exact same number this time. I'm pretty sure I had about 50M last time and over 60M this time.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm having some RF issues.

First, I made AA generators primarily for the drill. Works like a charm. But, I found some dark steel boots in a chest, pre enchanted and empowered, even came half charged. But, I put it in the Energizer and it doesn't charge. That was with pure ftb beyond on a different map.

Started a new game, this time with some added mods, namely not enough wands. I configured the wants to work on RF and it appears to have worked because the wands I found have the potential to hold as much energy as I told it to. Those also don't charge.

So, I tried building an ender io capacitor bank with some solar panels. I can charge my drill and AA batteries just fine, but still can't charge the wands. Unfortunately, I don't have more dark steel armor to charge.

Any advice here? I really want these wands to be chargeable.

Edit: this might be a server/client mismatch. Checking now.

Edit: Yup! My fault. Working now.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there some kind of special spawn rule for endermen? I'm on day 437 on Beyond (plus some should-be inconsequential add-ons) and I haven't seen one yet. And my mob grinder has been running for two days. A mob grinder where I have to use a hopper and a chest like some kind of peasant because I can't build a vacuum hopper until I find an enderman.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there some kind of special spawn rule for endermen? I'm on day 437 on Beyond (plus some should-be inconsequential add-ons) and I haven't seen one yet. And my mob grinder has been running for two days. A mob grinder where I have to use a hopper and a chest like some kind of peasant because I can't build a vacuum hopper until I find an enderman.
Can you make a hopperhock from botania?