[1.7.10][WIP]Industry Gigant[BQ][GregTech+Rotarycraft]

Ormusn2o

Jul 29, 2019
Can you disable shelving unit? Remove the associated quest as well, mod is unfinished and this bug was never fixed and it holds so many items people might not notice it eats items.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019

tblade2001

Jul 29, 2019
I have a sticking point on "Material Saving".

The Cutting Machine needs a Diamond Sawblade, which needs Cobalt Brass, which needs Aluminium. Aluminium seems to be gated through whatever quest in the line gives the Materials 3 trading chip. There is also a once off quest which grants 64 Raw Aluminium, but that requires Copper Cable and Black Steel Plates. Copper Cable is vaguely achievable, by constructing an Assembling Machine earlier than a quest prompts it, and using the Chemical Reactor to provide the liquid rubber; but that seems slightly outside the bounds of the quest lines. For Black Steel Plates you need to have Black Steel Ingots; but Black Steel Ingots seem to be exclusively produced from Black Steel Dust in an Electric Blast Furnace, which is an entire quest unto itself after the quest I'm trying to complete.

It's technically not impossible to achieve, but rather outside the direction the quest line is taking me, and I am therefore flying blind into technologies I have no idea if I have the infrastructure to support.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Blood Asp, just wanted to drop in and let you know I've (finally) started trying your pack over the weekend. I'm finding it very interesting so far. Hope you keep it up.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Some feedbacks on the early quests:
I am currently at Basic Steam Machines. I can't do the charcoal, because I can't craft the charcoal pile igniter (no wrought iron). I have done the water collection one for the netgain of 8 credits, but the water tank itself feels pretty underwhelming. I don't see my self ever being able to fuel a steam engine with that. I have started more steam machine for the bronze plated bricks towards the bronze blast furnace, but so far I only have the steam forge hammer. I found that I am unable to power a single steam forge hammer with my small coal boiler from the basic steam machines quest. Currently I am just hoping to mostly skip the steam machines. The Steam Macerator requires 2 diamonds, which means I need 256 credits and an integrated circuit - I am pretty sure for the later I need to be in the electric age.
So I am not exactly sure in which direction to progress, I could go for the forestry multifarm quest, but that would mean starting with rf when I am actually trying to do gregtech.
I can back this up. There appears to be no reasonable method to complete this task at this point.

I'll be cheating in a diamond (found one by pure luck in one of the villages I raided)

tblade2001

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to have to put in a vote for having a way to regain licences. I had two machines blow up in short succession. I though I'd just have to rebuild the lost machines, and be fine. But then I discovered that the first one had destroyed my traders, and that the second destroyed the dropped licences and battery before I could recover them. At that point I had to restore from back-up, because I'd lost too many things to keep track of for me to cheat back in.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm going to have to put in a vote for having a way to regain licences. I had two machines blow up in short succession. I though I'd just have to rebuild the lost machines, and be fine. But then I discovered that the first one had destroyed my traders, and that the second destroyed the dropped licences and battery before I could recover them. At that point I had to restore from back-up, because I'd lost too many things to keep track of for me to cheat back in.
Tricky. I agree you shouldn't be able to "lose" the game by losing your licenses, but at the same time the # of licenses you can control at once is also a bit of a balancing factor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Blood Asp, can we switch some of these crafting tasks to allow detection?

I often complete tasks before I'm aware there's a quest for them. For instance, I've made things like battery buffers, batteries, canning machines etc. Now I have to re-craft them if I want to get credit because the detect button doesn't work (presumably because its a crafting task).

An example is "Filling Machines" and "Energy Storage Block (4slot)"

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure how to complete "Material Saving" without leaving it alone for a while. It requires some Tier 3 Materials (Aluminum). Can anyone shed light on this?

Also not sure how to complete "Different Battery Types" since I need to acquire Cadmium (I'm guessing I can just submit my starter Lithium battery for that part at least, otherwise I need to find Lithium too)

tblade2001

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how to complete "Material Saving" without leaving it alone for a while. It requires some Tier 3 Materials (Aluminum). Can anyone shed light on this?

Also not sure how to complete "Different Battery Types" since I need to acquire Cadmium (I'm guessing I can just submit my starter Lithium battery for that part at least, otherwise I need to find Lithium too)

Lithium is available via GregTech lithium dust, which is Material Trade Licence Tier 2 trade for 2 silver, using a circuit configured to 4. But cadmium still eludes me. It's a level of silly when I can make the best small battery as or more easily than any other small battery.

There's 64 raw aluminum available in Town B, the catch being that you need to make a full electric blast furnace and several machines from "More Electric Machines" to actually make the items that you hand in to get the raw aluminum. I've been doing it as a challenge to see if I could do it. Signs at the moment point to "yes". This is the first quest where I've had to go outside the questline to complete. If you do complete the quest this way, be sure to hang onto 32 Aluminum ingots, because you'll need those to unlock the T3 Material Trade Licence (I checked by cheating in quest needs in my failed save).

Honestly, I'm not sure where @Blood Asp is thinking we're obtaining all this aluminum from, because I'm having a right hard time deciphering any means to obtain it in meaningful quantities without the T3 licence. And for that matter, why are so many quests asking for stacks upon stacks of gravel? There's at least 2 requiring 700 blocks, and that means at 20 minutes sitting in front of a Basic Forge Hammer, or two stacks of iron in iron Hammers.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Lithium is available via GregTech lithium dust, which is Material Trade Licence Tier 2 trade for 2 silver, using a circuit configured to 4. But cadmium still eludes me. It's a level of silly when I can make the best small battery as or more easily than any other small battery.

There's 64 raw aluminum available in Town B, the catch being that you need to make a full electric blast furnace and several machines from "More Electric Machines" to actually make the items that you hand in to get the raw aluminum. I've been doing it as a challenge to see if I could do it. Signs at the moment point to "yes". This is the first quest where I've had to go outside the questline to complete. If you do complete the quest this way, be sure to hang onto 32 Aluminum ingots, because you'll need those to unlock the T3 Material Trade Licence (I checked by cheating in quest needs in my failed save).

Honestly, I'm not sure where @Blood Asp is thinking we're obtaining all this aluminum from, because I'm having a right hard time deciphering any means to obtain it in meaningful quantities without the T3 licence. And for that matter, why are so many quests asking for stacks upon stacks of gravel? There's at least 2 requiring 700 blocks, and that means at 20 minutes sitting in front of a Basic Forge Hammer, or two stacks of iron in iron Hammers.
Agreed on all points.

There is that weird shattering stone thing btw you could use to make gravel by throwing it at walls and then tico-excavating those. But honestly, I just forge-hammer it like you suggested it (I don't wait until I need a resource...I've been hammering cobble constantly for days whenever my hammer isn't doing anything more important. Steam is cheap.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Reading the first post, this sounds very interesting. However, I have one question about the ore trading. What about endgame? Typically, one great goal for a lot of players in most big modpacks is to set up automatic ore gathering and smelting - it's quite the feat. Whether it'd be through a quarry or other solutions. How will the endgame look here? Will the ore trade grinding ever stop?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

got demotivated by all the grind in infitech(wait one day and I´m back sucked with this) and now saw Jasons lp of this pack. I was searching for this but wasn´t aware of its existing :)
I see no posts since november? Still active?

I started voidworld but I can not figure how to craft the "Crushing Table"

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The current curse version of Industry Gigant has a few recipe issues in skyblock mode. The version on github has them fixed.

Reactions: Dentvar

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble getting this to work. I'm using the Curse launcher. I extracted the files and put everything in the mods folder. "The mods and versions listed below could not be found IC2: any". What am I doing wrong?

donoya

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack still being developed? I noticed the last update to the github version was 6 months ago.