Request Suggest mods for creation here

N

NerpyDerpston

I don't know if I suggested this earlier, but I would love to see soft drinks added to Pam's Harvestcraft or any other farming/food mod (Cola, Mountain Dew, Root Beer, Ginger Ale/Ginger Beer, etc.). They won't fill your hunger bar a lot, but I imagine that these should give you plenty of stat buffs that are different debending on the brand of drink. I imagine that players will wash down their in-game meals with these soft drinks to give them boosts like strength, jump boost, water breathing, etc. ;)
And Mountain Dew has so much sugar and caffeine it gives you a speed buff so fast you can't tell what ur doing!!!!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know if I suggested this earlier, but I would love to see soft drinks added to Pam's Harvestcraft or any other farming/food mod (Cola, Mountain Dew, Root Beer, Ginger Ale/Ginger Beer, etc.). They won't fill your hunger bar a lot, but I imagine that these should give you plenty of stat buffs that are different debending on the brand of drink. I imagine that players will wash down their in-game meals with these soft drinks to give them boosts like strength, jump boost, water breathing, etc. ;)
Now, in 1.7.10 there WAS bubbly water, and I'm sure you could make some soft drinks - I think ginger beer might have been on the list, I'm sure root beer was, and possibly cola too.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you think that consuming a sugar drink should give you speed, it's not that hard. Start with nether wart to get your basic bubbly, then add sugar to get your speed.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you think that consuming a sugar drink should give you speed, it's not that hard. Start with nether wart to get your basic bubbly, then add sugar to get your speed.
(I see what you did there :D)

I'd like to see a really simple mod that allows you to store multiples of one type of potion in a single item. Call it a "hip flask", if you will. Principally its similar to the Botania flasks, but in this case you would still make the potions in the vanilla way, and then just combine with the hip flask to store them (getting an empty glass bottle in return). I love using the vanilla potions, but its such a pain to carry a bunch of them at once, filling your inventory. So while there is similar functionality in bigger mods, I'd like to see a very simple mod just for this.

Hip Flask™

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've a few ideas on that for Drunkraft, just need the time to start the damned mod.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
(I see what you did there :D)

I'd like to see a really simple mod that allows you to store multiples of one type of potion in a single item. Call it a "hip flask", if you will. Principally its similar to the Botania flasks, but in this case you would still make the potions in the vanilla way, and then just combine with the hip flask to store them (getting an empty glass bottle in return). I love using the vanilla potions, but its such a pain to carry a bunch of them at once, filling your inventory. So while there is similar functionality in bigger mods, I'd like to see a very simple mod just for this.

Hip Flask™
Same case with me, I didn't want potions to fill my inventory, so I eventually made an item which can store potions and shoot them.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
assasin pigs? can give them armor. they will fight for carrots. one carrot gets you one dead enemy. they will only fight one enemy at a time.

(thought of this while out fighting mobs. was wondering why the pig was attacking me. turns out i had a carrot in my off hand i had forgotten about.

for bonus points creepers can contract pigs too. they raid carrot farms for currency.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This item can shoot potions, arrows and TNT and has an inventory for the ammo.
But it's probably not what you are looking for, as this item is a part of my not small mod.
Very convenient, though. I can put multiple types of ammo in it and switch between them.
Ahh OK, well it sounds super cool! :) If you don't mind my asking, what's it called?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing ambitious this time, but I'd love to see Tinker's Construct add Ender Creepers that spawn in The End. I feel that The End needs more mob variety than just Endermen, Shulkers, and the Ender Dragon.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like clay and sand are going to become far more useful for decorations in the future (concrete, terracotta). I know that there are mods that let you turn cobble -> gravel -> sand (heck, even mystcraft will let me do that, now that I think about it ... sand farming age!), I'm not aware of anything that lets me generate clay.

So, anyone got a mod for making clay? Or should I just use a recipe mod (And what is a good recipe for clay? Sand + water?)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It looks like clay and sand are going to become far more useful for decorations in the future (concrete, terracotta). I know that there are mods that let you turn cobble -> gravel -> sand (heck, even mystcraft will let me do that, now that I think about it ... sand farming age!), I'm not aware of anything that lets me generate clay.

So, anyone got a mod for making clay? Or should I just use a recipe mod (And what is a good recipe for clay? Sand + water?)
First thing that comes to mind is the clayconia from Botania, that makes a clay ball with mana and nearby placed sand blocks. The other ones are the Ex Niho method of dust in a water barrel and witchery using a mutandis varient on underwater dirt.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thermal Expansion used to have a recipe with Water, Slag and Sand to make it. Blood Magic's Alchemy Table can turn hardened clay back into clay blocks. Quark's been set up to generate huge quantities of underground clay though it's a tweakable option disabled in Beyond for example.

N

NerpyDerpston

I believe you will be able to add your own custom recipe for that... without mods. And also, scientifically clay is just super duper tiny particles so some way of grinding up the sand should do the trick

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I doubt I'm not the only one, but I'd love if someone could revert combat back to 1.7.10 mechanics. The combat update is just puke.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The problem with reverting combat is the changed damage on weapons. Axes now deal more damage than swords, for example. It is doable enough to revert the vanilla values, but with mods it gets a lot more complicated. The only thing I can think of would be to do some kind of calculation with the attack speed, making the slower weapons drop their damage more than the fast ones.