[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
But why so strong? and the damage is kinda random. blew up machines like 10 blocks away but one machine just 3 blocks away is still standing

Kinda took all the motivation to play on. Why cant it at least just explode when you use it? so a little mistake like placing a machine and not noticing there is a cable aside it wouldnt be that bad because you could still notice it before you use it.
But you place it and booooooom
Because machines have an internal buffer for energy. Thus when you placed it, it tryed to charge itself. Thus over-voltage made it explode.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, explosion strength is dependent on the voltage, so IV+ explosions get quite big. Also they can cause chainreactions with other machines.

Personally i seperate my machines into multiple small rooms that are reinforced to keep accidental explosions small.

T

targetingyou78

But why so strong? and the damage is kinda random. blew up machines like 10 blocks away but one machine just 3 blocks away is still standing

Kinda took all the motivation to play on. Why cant it at least just explode when you use it? so a little mistake like placing a machine and not noticing there is a cable aside it wouldnt be that bad because you could still notice it before you use it.
But you place it and booooooom
There is more than one config you can change if you don't like this. You can change when machines blow up and if they blow up neighbors or just themselves. iirc

C

Chriss22

I could do that. if it would be my server. but sadly it isnt. I experimented a bit with machines and warded blocks but still dont get how the explosions work. 2 machines sepperated by a line of warded stone prevents the machine 2 blocks away from destroying when it explodes. everything above, below, behind and at front gets destroyed (so everything not directly behind a warded block)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The explosions thing is a lazy game design mechanic introduced by gregoriousT and kept because its tradition and because it's too much work to implement a different penalty mechanic.

A lot of gamers will suggest it should stay because they're l33+ and want to feel like they're more hardcore than everyone else. That's cute and fine. But more realistically, any mechanic that strongly encourages players to reload a save game in minecraft is just dumb from a game design perspective.

If I overload a machine, its not altogether terrible if that machine is lost. Lesson learned. But the scope of the lesson should be confined to that machine and not everything else around it.

And: yes, yes, all you super awesome hardcore players, you're all very super special. No, I don't care.

Last edited:
C

Chriss22

they could add some kind of safety cover. so only the machine breaks and not the whole base even tho i think a huge explosion because of too high is not that realistic

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
And: yes, yes, all you super awesome hardcore players, you're all very super special. No, I don't care.

In the end it just comes down to opinion. Im apparently one of those "special" players because I dont mind the mechanic. However, I find things still too easy such as the mobs and IC2 Crops. I even felt the explosion was kind of small when I accidentally put an LV machine on my EV line. So I must be super special since I think its still too easy in some respects :p

Reactions: Boshy
P

PutinsChest

The one good thing about the explosions is it encourages players to build their machine rooms with more consideration, encouraging sprawl and planning rather than throwing every machine on the same power line. Gotta look at the silver lining, I suppose.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
In terms of 'realism'- going slightly over would melt out all the innards leaving you with a machine hull (and a fire- potentially damaging other machines if left unchecked). Going massively over would create an explosion (rapid expansion of atmospheric gas/vapourised materials due to heating from the energy released).
Implementation would be based on if you exceed the voltage by more than one tier; essentially MV->LV= melted. HV->LV= explosion.

Reactions: Alven4

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
And: yes, yes, all you super awesome hardcore players, you're all very super special.
I focused on that line only and thus in the name of all hardcore player, i say thank you. :cool: lolol. :p

I find things still too easy such as the mobs
A few months ago...then again, might be a year now... I implemented Lycanite's Mobs on my server because we wanted a more challenging experience similar to the modpack Blood N Bones. Tbh..it ended up being tedious as fuck considering my friend and I were relatively new to Infitech. The previous version of Gregtech we had played were something arround GT 3 or 4 (can't remember tbh.) But my point is that if your looking for a survival challenge to go along with the technological challenge, i strongly recommend adding it. It doesn't cause any crafting conflict as far as i know. It only add tons of passive & dangerous mobs and some bosses if enabled.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In terms of 'realism'- going slightly over would melt out all the innards leaving you with a machine hull (and a fire- potentially damaging other machines if left unchecked). Going massively over would create an explosion (rapid expansion of atmospheric gas/vapourised materials due to heating from the energy released).
Implementation would be based on if you exceed the voltage by more than one tier; essentially MV->LV= melted. HV->LV= explosion.
I'm a fan of tier-specific damage, but I'd still prefer if it were machine-specific. 1 tier = 10% damaged, 2 tiers = 20%, etc. Where the amount of damage is how much materials (one way or another) you need to dump back into the machine (as a percentage of its original cost) to fix it.

Reactions: targetingyou78

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
A few months ago...then again, might be a year now... I implemented Lycanite's Mobs on my server because we wanted a more challenging experience similar to the modpack Blood N Bones. Tbh..it ended up being tedious as fuck considering my friend and I were relatively new to Infitech. The previous version of Gregtech we had played were something arround GT 3 or 4 (can't remember tbh.) But my point is that if your looking for a survival challenge to go along with the technological challenge, i strongly recommend adding it. It doesn't cause any crafting conflict as far as i know. It only add tons of passive & dangerous mobs and some bosses if enabled.

I actually ran a second server with lycanite mobs added to the pack and really enjoyed it. Went and edited the recipes and such as well. Lycanite's is amazingly customizable, I've made packs in the past using that mod that I got put on FTB. The main players in my community didn't have much interest in it so I ended up just returning to the main server since I enjoy chatting and such.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I actually ran a second server with lycanite mobs added to the pack and really enjoyed it. Went and edited the recipes and such as well. Lycanite's is amazingly customizable, I've made packs in the past using that mod that I got put on FTB. The main players in my community didn't have much interest in it so I ended up just returning to the main server since I enjoy chatting and such.
I enjoy it too. But as i said, we decided on removing it because we were too new to Infitech and GT 5 to actually have time to learn outside of surviving. And also since we were so uninformed on most of the stuff, we assumed it was a bit too easy to get some materials due to Lycanite. Only a few days ago i asked him if he'd want to re-add it and he doesn't want too :rolleyes:. But i do miss the survival aspect of it from time to time..

edit: Says the guy with a powered HV Repellator in his base.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see that recipe. Faster and much cheaper. Oopsie.
Cheaper, not so much. Keep in mind that in the array, Amp are not "active". Instead, it calculate the total voltage of the combined Amp. As in, 1 LV Arc Furnace requires MV voltage to process in the Processing Array as opposed to 4A of 32V stand alone LV arc furance.

Reactions: Pyure
H

Herrminator1994

Cheaper, not so much. Keep in mind that in the array, Amp are not "active". Instead, it calculate the total voltage of the combined Amp. As in, 1 LV Arc Furnace requires MV voltage to process in the Processing Array as opposed to 4A of 32V stand alone LV arc furance.
I can generate very nearly an amp of LuV power. The cost that stung was the oxygen requirement.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy it too. But as i said, we decided on removing it because we were too new to Infitech and GT 5 to actually have time to learn outside of surviving. And also since we were so uninformed on most of the stuff, we assumed it was a bit too easy to get some materials due to Lycanite. Only a few days ago i asked him if he'd want to re-add it and he doesn't want too :rolleyes:. But i do miss the survival aspect of it from time to time...

Well if you and your friend are ever interested in playing with lycanites again, let me know and I'll fire the server back up with a new world. I changed a couple of other things too to mix things up. We used biomes o plenty instead of biomes XL, added a couple of decorative mods (i changed recipes in those too), and modular powersuites (also changed recipes). I removed enderzoo for obvious reasons.

I

Innocentius

is it possible to connect Kinetic Wind Generator+Kinetic Generator to any GT Battery Buffer?