[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Is ileminite ore supposed to be useless now?
I always remember it being a good source of titanium/iron, but i dont seem to be able to electrolyze the cleaned dust anymore - no rutile dust product?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I always remember it being a good source of titanium/iron, but i dont seem to be able to electrolyze the cleaned dust anymore - no rutile dust product?
You need to EBF it to get 4 tiny pile of Rutile. Which in turn will net you Titanium.

H

Herrminator1994

Thermal centrifuge, then pulverize, then EBF with carbon dust. Also thermal centrifuge and pulverize bauxite.

H

Herrminator1994

IV mass fab is a thirsty beast. 8 EV pulverizers grinding wood and 32 MV recyclers still aren't quite keeping up.
2017-02-16_22.54.18.png

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
10 nodes later and I need reminding at full minute of stunned silence means 'My god what did you just do!' not 'Please continue'
View attachment 32341 View attachment 32343 View attachment 32346

Got a video of the result? XD
I wonder if the end result would be any good to farm methane off of rotten flesh?

You need to EBF it to get 4 tiny pile of Rutile. Which in turn will net you Titanium.
Weird, ill check that again tonight cause i wasnt seeing it in NEI.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Got a video of the result? XD
I wonder if the end result would be any good to farm methane off of rotten flesh?

It makes a significant amount methane- the nodes are under my workshop so they run all the time.
I've put in 20 LV centrifuges to process the flesh, and Its still overflowing.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i found a way to process diesel without extra utilities, @Joel Falk (i think?) and i had a conversation about oilsand fuel a few months ago before i went on a hiatus, ill admit my solution isnt pretty though it does work - you can use BC diamond pipes as filters for a low tech fire-and-forget fuel plant, this allows you to return empty cells from both the electrolyzers and h2s end of the plant back to the requisite machines in the correct amounts.

the screenshots do not show the belly of the ugly beast where im sending the O cylinders, but they filter back up using the stone pipes and back into the electrolysis machines.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866599002

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866599040

It makes a significant amount methane- the nodes are under my workshop so the run all the time.
I've put in 20 LV centrifuges to process the flesh, and Its still overflowing.

The up and up to that is that LV centrifuges dont require alot of power to make methane, there was a dark point in my world where i was using potatoes to power my fuel plant >.>

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

I am in the IV era and I finally started setting up my AE2 system. Let me tell yah, I wish I did it earlier xD it's not as expensive as I expected. I originally thought it would be a nightmare but it's reasonable. Once you can make titanium without too much hassle it's time to get an AE2 setup.

T

thecaffiend

Hey all,

I have been playing and following along with the forum thread for a while (on a server, infinitech 3.2.19.1, only config changes being fuel-free chunkloaders). I had two questions:

1) I am using logistics supplier pipes (in the form of supplier modules in MKII chasis) to feed chemical reactors desulfurating fuel from distillation towers with empty and hydrogen cells (hydrogen cells filled elsewhere), as well as regular supplier pipes to insert empty cells into a centrifuge (Refinery gas to LPG/Methane) ,and the H2S cells into chem reactors to extract the acid. Every now and again, the supplier pipes (chasis or regular) will stop working correctly: If I set them to keep say 5 of each empty/hydrogen cells in the reactors, I will notice eventually something like 4/5 in the reactors, then later 3/4, etc. It takes a while and it's random, but eventually they will stop working. My solution so far has been to tell them to keep far more than required in the machines, and reset them now and then (remove and re-add supplier module fixes the problem, break and reset supplier pipe also works), but this is inefficient and annoyingly manual. Observing behavior in my logi pipe network, I thought that the unrouted transport pipes may be ignoring pipe plugs when moving next to another pipe, so I have re-structured my entire network so an unrouted transport pipe never even touches another pipe (with plugs) that is part of my logi network at all. This actually slowed down the problem so much that I thought at first it had fixed it.

Oddly, all of my ore proccessing is supplied with supplier pipes, as well as various other machines, and I have never noticed a problem: Is there some specific configuration that would cause this? Is there a good way to troubleshoot routing, including creative tools? I have crawled/flown all over my base location many times examining pipes. I also took a quick look at the logi pipes github for issues, and didn't see anything related; In theory a pipe-plugged unrouted transport pipe should, I assume, ignore anything in the direction of the plug? My current plan is automating my coal dust output from my cracked heavy fuel distillery into diamonds to make a bajillion basic logi pipes and just replace every unrouted transport pipe along the way, but that is an ugly, ugly solution.

2) In addition, in single player, I was working with the pyrolyse oven to make heavy oil: The book insists that nitrogen speeds up the oven, but nothing I do makes it consume nitrogen (pumped into an MV hatch in the top 3X3: input hatches do not work on the bottom row). Is this only for certain recipes, IE creosote? Has anyone found any detailed documentation of the pyrolyse oven, at all? In addition, it actually outputs 400L of heavy oil/cycle, not 200 as NEI seems to say, and it takes twice the time (32 seconds, not 16)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

I have been playing and following along with the forum thread for a while (on a server, infinitech 3.2.19.1, only config changes being fuel-free chunkloaders). I had two questions:

1) I am using logistics supplier pipes (in the form of supplier modules in MKII chasis) to feed chemical reactors desulfurating fuel from distillation towers with empty and hydrogen cells (hydrogen cells filled elsewhere), as well as regular supplier pipes to insert empty cells into a centrifuge (Refinery gas to LPG/Methane) ,and the H2S cells into chem reactors to extract the acid. Every now and again, the supplier pipes (chasis or regular) will stop working correctly: If I set them to keep say 5 of each empty/hydrogen cells in the reactors, I will notice eventually something like 4/5 in the reactors, then later 3/4, etc. It takes a while and it's random, but eventually they will stop working. My solution so far has been to tell them to keep far more than required in the machines, and reset them now and then (remove and re-add supplier module fixes the problem, break and reset supplier pipe also works), but this is inefficient and annoyingly manual. Observing behavior in my logi pipe network, I thought that the unrouted transport pipes may be ignoring pipe plugs when moving next to another pipe, so I have re-structured my entire network so an unrouted transport pipe never even touches another pipe (with plugs) that is part of my logi network at all. This actually slowed down the problem so much that I thought at first it had fixed it.

Oddly, all of my ore proccessing is supplied with supplier pipes, as well as various other machines, and I have never noticed a problem: Is there some specific configuration that would cause this? Is there a good way to troubleshoot routing, including creative tools? I have crawled/flown all over my base location many times examining pipes. I also took a quick look at the logi pipes github for issues, and didn't see anything related; In theory a pipe-plugged unrouted transport pipe should, I assume, ignore anything in the direction of the plug? My current plan is automating my coal dust output from my cracked heavy fuel distillery into diamonds to make a bajillion basic logi pipes and just replace every unrouted transport pipe along the way, but that is an ugly, ugly solution.

2) In addition, in single player, I was working with the pyrolyse oven to make heavy oil: The book insists that nitrogen speeds up the oven, but nothing I do makes it consume nitrogen (pumped into an MV hatch in the top 3X3: input hatches do not work on the bottom row). Is this only for certain recipes, IE creosote? Has anyone found any detailed documentation of the pyrolyse oven, at all? In addition, it actually outputs 400L of heavy oil/cycle, not 200 as NEI seems to say, and it takes twice the time (32 seconds, not 16)

I honestly don't know what the problem might be with your L.Pipe Network but could it be a matter of chunk unloading when you go too far? For example: One part of your network being loaded and sending the cells and the other part not? I know you mentionned your using fuel free chunk loader but perhaps this one part is not loaded?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
A while ago i mentionned that my friend and I were experiencing hgiher than normal CPU usage (lag) from unknown source. We thought it was comming from his massive EnderIO conduit among other things. So he went ahead and removed them all for the most part (only a few Energy Conduit left.) Now he usually keep his base Chunk loaded using a Dimensionnal anchor. Although, the config are setup so the chunk loader won't activate until the player login atleast once after the server has restarted ( one scheduled restart every day.)

Now every time we are both online together, the server is stable at about 45%. But when i play alone, the server spike to 110% and the server console give out lag warning with coordinnates that lead to my friend's home. For the most part, different coordinnate most of the time. He tried modifing those part from his base but there is always something new and sometime it's just ridiculous and improbable (i.e: 1 low voltage battery buffer was supposedly causing lag at one point. Yet it was alone and unplugged... -_-)

Question: Has anyone else experienced that sort of behavior on their server? If so, have you managed to fix the problem?
ps: We're only two at the moment that play on the server.

T

thecaffiend

I honestly don't know what the problem might be with your L.Pipe Network but could it be a matter of chunk unloading when you go too far? For example: One part of your network being loaded and sending the cells and the other part not? I know you mentionned your using fuel free chunk loader but perhaps this one part is not loaded?

A reasonable question, I should have mentioned: My entire base is built vertically to stay inside the 3X3 area from a single chunkloader (anchor), on purpose. I try to limit each "system" to a single chunk, although of course I can't do that with logistics pipes.

I just went and checked to make sure: With F9, my center chunk has the angry red square in the sku, and 1 chunk in each direction has yellow; I am reasonably certain that means they are all loaded and the red chunk is the source, since other machines in the yellow area continue to run overnight, but if anyone has ideas how that could be impacting logi pipes, I'm all ears

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
A reasonable question, I should have mentioned: My entire base is built vertically to stay inside the 3X3 area from a single chunkloader (anchor), on purpose. I try to limit each "system" to a single chunk, although of course I can't do that with logistics pipes.

I just went and checked to make sure: With F9, my center chunk has the angry red square in the sku, and 1 chunk in each direction has yellow; I am reasonably certain that means they are all loaded and the red chunk is the source, since other machines in the yellow area continue to run overnight, but if anyone has ideas how that could be impacting logi pipes, I'm all ears
The red that you see is simply the chunk you are in if i'm not mistaken (when your chunk loading and using F9.) Other than that, i haven't used L.Pipe enough to put out an hypothesis on the matter, sorry.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
AFK in your base for a while; if the system still fails then you can rule out chunkloading.

Are you running out of empty cells for your network to supply? (eg cells stacking up in another machine/part of the network?)
Or if you havent already; try teaching your LP system to craft empty cells.​

T

thecaffiend

AFK in your base for a while; if the system still fails then you can rule out chunkloading.

Are you running out of empty cells for your network to supply? (eg cells stacking up in another machine/part of the network?)
Or if you havent already; try teaching your LP system to craft empty cells.​
I have about 100 extra cells floating in the system: The only place I have had them stack up is when I have occasionally found that I have multiple H2S cells sitting in my network since the system stopped supplying them to chem reactors to extract the acid.

I also should have mentioned, this does occasionally occur when I am logged in and crafting in my base, or just afk; Good call on that

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a viable way to produce uua. I've been using conduit binder, but despite the high scrap: input ratio, the non renewable nature of the clay is a problem. What are you guys using for uua?

On a related note, is there a guide to ic2/gt crops? How difficult is it to get the uua berries?

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
A while ago i mentionned that my friend and I were experiencing hgiher than normal CPU usage (lag) from unknown source. We thought it was comming from his massive EnderIO conduit among other things. So he went ahead and removed them all for the most part (only a few Energy Conduit left.) Now he usually keep his base Chunk loaded using a Dimensionnal anchor. Although, the config are setup so the chunk loader won't activate until the player login atleast once after the server has restarted ( one scheduled restart every day.)

Now every time we are both online together, the server is stable at about 45%. But when i play alone, the server spike to 110% and the server console give out lag warning with coordinnates that lead to my friend's home. For the most part, different coordinnate most of the time. He tried modifing those part from his base but there is always something new and sometime it's just ridiculous and improbable (i.e: 1 low voltage battery buffer was supposedly causing lag at one point. Yet it was alone and unplugged... -_-)

Question: Has anyone else experienced that sort of behavior on their server? If so, have you managed to fix the problem?
ps: We're only two at the moment that play on the server.

Have you tried Opis?

Last edited:
A

Alven4

I'm looking for a viable way to produce uua. I've been using conduit binder, but despite the high scrap: input ratio, the non renewable nature of the clay is a problem. What are you guys using for uua?

On a related note, is there a guide to ic2/gt crops? How difficult is it to get the uua berries?
Clay is renewable using Thaumcraft alchemy. (Hint for recycling: try railcraft items, you will find a very easy way to make scrap)

Where can I find which items won't produce scrap? IC2.ini doesn't have all of them.
EDIT: I found out where, it is IC2.ini + https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un...ders/postload/GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader.java

Last edited: