[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so a followup to the changing of the configs for naquadah. I'm at a loss now. I reverted my config change, reloaded a previous save and loaded the world and went the same direction (ungenned chunks in asteroids) and even w/o that config setting, the gt ores are still screwed up. I can only assume gt makes some other config change when you change those settings and something is now messed up somewhat permanently for my world? :(

Thx. Google spilled out tons of MCEdit and WorldEdit but not this one :)

to the rest of the discussion. Yes, this pack is awsome but for me personaly the Gregtech Oregen was never fun. might be realistic but I don´t have to much time to spare.
Anyway awsome work by eveyone and also the comunity to maintain this thread for so long.
definately do this off of a backup of the world. there's no undo.

T

targetingyou78

In short I have made a custom vein with the same values as original Naquadah. You can always follow up the github for these kind of changes.
Oh that's very clever! Thanks for the information. I didn't realize the github would have fixes listed as you found them (despite that making perfect sense). Tonight when I get home from work I'll have to spend some time looking at github

Edit: I went ahead and got the updated configs from the Github. I just wanted to say thanks Jason for the work you're still putting into this pack despite not playing it! :)

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
how do ppl sort their purified ores and discern the 'siftable gem-types' versus the ones that aren't?

I setup some EIO item filters but after having to use 3 or 4 sides of a chest to do this, I figured there must be a better way. didn't see how the item type filter would work and wondering if anyone had a better strategy?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
how do ppl sort their purified ores and discern the 'siftable gem-types' versus the ones that aren't?

I setup some EIO item filters but after having to use 3 or 4 sides of a chest to do this, I figured there must be a better way. didn't see how the item type filter would work and wondering if anyone had a better strategy?
If your using the GT Type Filter, then you simply need need to select which kind of item you want to sort (I.e: Ores, Crushed Ore, etc) and power it so it auto-transfer items.

If your using EIO, then you'll need the Upgrade Filter which you put in the conduit slot. Depending on the complexity, you might end up needing the Advanced Filter.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If your using the GT Type Filter, then you simply need need to select which kind of item you want to sort (I.e: Ores, Crushed Ore, etc) and power it so it auto-transfer items.

If your using EIO, then you'll need the Upgrade Filter which you put in the conduit slot. Depending on the complexity, you might end up needing the Advanced Filter.
yeah I use the gt type filter but I don't think you understood my question, or more likely I didn't ask it properly.

Lemme try again. Throwing things to the sifter includes only gems and such. The purified stf can go through a normal cycle after purified or go directly to the sifter. Sifter being the only place to get the gems of it, etc.

The gt item type filter doesn't have a distinct category for purified gem-based or whatever unless I've missed it.

Currently using the EIO advanced filter but it only accepts 10 items, thus, for the 26 or so items that can be sifted, I need to use 3 adv filters, each on it's own side of a chest, etc.

My biggest issue is that to set this up, I had to cheat in 1 of each of the ores I didn't already have to make that filter. If I hadn't, I would have to stop my entire processing line right there waiting to sort through it manually to add each one to the filter.

I was wondering if anyone did it differently than this.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I use the gt type filter but I don't think you understood my question, or more likely I didn't ask it properly.

Lemme try again. Throwing things to the sifter includes only gems and such. The purified stf can go through a normal cycle after purified or go directly to the sifter. Sifter being the only place to get the gems of it, etc.

The gt item type filter doesn't have a distinct category for purified gem-based or whatever unless I've missed it.

Currently using the EIO advanced filter but it only accepts 10 items, thus, for the 26 or so items that can be sifted, I need to use 3 adv filters, each on it's own side of a chest, etc.

My biggest issue is that to set this up, I had to cheat in 1 of each of the ores I didn't already have to make that filter. If I hadn't, I would have to stop my entire processing line right there waiting to sort through it manually to add each one to the filter.

I was wondering if anyone did it differently than this.
Ahh i see i see...Well tbh, the only thing i can say that i'd do differently would be to just output to a chest in order to sort it afterward or directly to an AE Network (or whatever sorting system your using.) I haven't seen your setup so it's hard to understand as to why your trying to sort the Sifter output. The only thing that come to mind when i read this is a old fashion Vanilla Minecraft Chest sorting system where each chest hold individual type of item. And even then, It doens't make sense considering your using your filter on the extract part. So i'm confused tbh.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ahh i see i see...Well tbh, the only thing i can say that i'd do differently would be to just output to a chest in order to sort it afterward or directly to an AE Network (or whatever sorting system your using.) I haven't seen your setup so it's hard to understand as to why your trying to sort the Sifter output. The only thing that come to mind when i read this is a old fashion Vanilla Minecraft Chest sorting system where each chest hold individual type of item. And even then, It doens't make sense considering your using your filter on the extract part. So i'm confused tbh.
it's part of my complete oreproc setup. start to finish. ores go into start (manually). get macerated, washed, then this process I'm talking about here, discerning whether it's something that can be sifted or not, if not, sent to thermal (iirc) and so on. each time, the dusts and tinies are separated out and sent elsewhere to be either thrown into ae or combined, etc.

Thus, having everything just go into ae isn't really an option since it has an entire path to follow.

The example I'm giving tho leads into the issue I already described.

Let's say I have identified 20 of the 28 or so ores that can be sifted and have assigned filters to them already. When one of those 8 remaining ones hits the oreproc, sifter setup won't recognize it so it'll process it just like any of the other purified which is what I am trying to avoid and why I brought this up.

I think the item type filters all go based on oredict entries, thus I don't see how it can be even modified code wise.

only other thing I could think of is that if there was a row of sifters with a higher priority on an eio conduit, only the siftable stf will hit it but if all those sifters get filled, it'll bypass it as well, so not really an option.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
what would be neat is if there was a mod block that camoflauged/mimic'd another block but sent the output to something other than that.

e.g. point to a sifter and then point again to a chest, effectively saying "route me as if I was a sifter, allowing only what a sifter would allow into me, but in actuality, route me like a normal chest and contain the output".

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
what would be neat is if there was a mod block that camoflauged/mimic'd another block but sent the output to something other than that.

e.g. point to a sifter and then point again to a chest, effectively saying "route me as if I was a sifter, allowing only what a sifter would allow into me, but in actuality, route me like a normal chest and contain the output".

Is that not what the transvector interface (name might be off) from Thaumcraft does? TBH I didn't think there was really that many ores to be sifted, which is why I just use advanced EIO filters. Pretty sure sifter will only accept ores that it CAN actually sift, therefore I'd imagine ALL purified ores sent to sifters with high priority, and if they can't sift they'll go to the next available chest/inventory, usually a macerator or in some cases thermal centrifuge. You could send all purified to the GT Type filter, then extract and everything that doesn't go into the sifters re-filtered on a different color/line to the rest of your processing line.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is that not what the transvector interface (name might be off) from Thaumcraft does? TBH I didn't think there was really that many ores to be sifted, which is why I just use advanced EIO filters. Pretty sure sifter will only accept ores that it CAN actually sift, therefore I'd imagine ALL purified ores sent to sifters with high priority, and if they can't sift they'll go to the next available chest/inventory, usually a macerator or in some cases thermal centrifuge. You could send all purified to the GT Type filter, then extract and everything that doesn't go into the sifters re-filtered on a different color/line to the rest of your processing line.
there's like 27-ish that'll go to sifter, but yeah, if you're processing a bunch, good chance sifter will be busy and high priority or not, it'll route to next thing which would be a waste.

Yeah, my point was that other than this one bit, those item type filters do such an awesome job wildcarding all the different states of ores and I can't say I've ever setup any kind of complicated ore processing like this, so simply. it's pretty damn neat if you ask me.

Thus why I asked my question. this seems to be the one odd man out in the whole setup. Another pack I saw had about 50 something ores that could go into sifter, thus problem is same but even more complicated since the item type filter can't discern that something can be siftable. Possibly I think I'll ask on github if something could be done about this.

P

PutinsChest

I've created a seriously complex alchemical refining setup for my multifarm growing oak trees, nether wart, and red mushrooms. I'm not completely finished with it, but I was proud so I decided to upload it here for all of you to see. I think I've lurked about every page of this thread, so I figured I should contribute a bit. If anyone is interested ill take some more screencaps.

This setup creates charcoal, alumentum, lava, peat, and clay.

20 mushrooms + 20 nether wart + 10 logs = 4 alumentum, 1,250 mb lava, 4 peat (clay is sort of passively produced, since its made from cobble + aqua)

Attachments

• 2017-02-15_23.09.48.png
    2017-02-15_23.09.48.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 62
H

Herrminator1994

I've started bees, and have many many waste drones. What is a good use for these?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've started bees, and have many many waste drones. What is a good use for these?

I save at least a stack of each bee drone type (usually even more) to ensure I have the types I need later. That way I never have to go back and rebreed for a level of bees. It feels right when you think you are completely done with a tier you have to go back and use it again for another. If you play on a server, they can be quite the trading chip too ;)

Reactions: Herrminator1994
H

Herrminator1994

I save at least a stack of each bee drone type (usually even more) to ensure I have the types I need later. That way I never have to go back and rebreed for a level of bees. It feels right when you think you are completely done with a tier you have to go back and use it again for another. If you play on a server, they can be quite the trading chip too ;)
I do that, but I have north of a diamond chest worth of non-purebred drones :p Singleplayer game.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I do that, but I have north of a diamond chest worth of non-purebred drones :p Singleplayer game.
Yah...trading with yourself can be a double edged sword. You'll either feel like you made yourself one heck of a deal or your gonna feel like you got scammed... The double edged sword part is where you feel stupid for trading with yourself. :p

H

Herrminator1994

Yah...trading with yourself can be a double edged sword. You'll either feel like you made yourself one heck of a deal or your gonna feel like you got scammed... The double edged sword part is where you feel stupid for trading with yourself. :p
Sometimes I just make myself an offer I can't refuse

Reactions: MarcNemesis