[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
After 2 weeks off, I found the motivation to grind through the LV to MV step.
But I can´t figure out how to get MV Battery charged... I feel kind of noob here.
I got 4 LV Basic Steam Turbines producing LV. I would now like to use some of this to convert it to MV.

My setup is LV Battery Charger into a LV Transformer with redstone signal into a MV Battery Charger.
LV Charger has 4 batteries inside MV has one.

MV to LV seems to work (burned my cables twice) but LV to MV does not...

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
After 2 weeks off, I found the motivation to grind through the LV to MV step.
But I can´t figure out how to get MV Battery charged... I feel kind of noob here.
I got 4 LV Basic Steam Turbines producing LV. I would now like to use some of this to convert it to MV.

My setup is LV Battery Charger into a LV Transformer with redstone signal into a MV Battery Charger.
LV Charger has 4 batteries inside MV has one.

MV to LV seems to work (burned my cables twice) but LV to MV does not...

Use a soft hammer on transformer to up transform a voltage. Yourll need copper cables(or any mv cable) to run mv current.

Reactions: Dentvar

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
4 turbines and 2 hatches is enough to run the furnace. steel (from steel dust), hot kanthal, and aluminium are fine.
The furnace runs perfectly for one item, then the problem occurs.
Out of curiosity, are you trying to snelt more than 1 item in a single cycle? I.e: 3 aluminum without letting the energy recharge.

If so, it sounds like your running out of power. Have you looked at your turbine to see if they run out of liquid after one item processed?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Out of curiosity, are you trying to snelt more than 1 item in a single cycle? I.e: 3 aluminum without letting the energy recharge.

If so, it sounds like your running out of power. Have you looked at your turbine to see if they run out of liquid after one item processed?
I feel like @Celestialphoenix was careful to clarify that power-provision wasn't the issue.

In programming terms, I'm guessing the issue here is going to be some form of missing semicolon. I'm out of guesses otherwise and I'm looking forward to hearing what the issue ultimately was.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Powering through insulated 2x silver cable into a single energy hatch on each side. (RH image is closest match) The furnace runs fine for 1 cycle before it gives up- so the power system seems functional
Everything you have done sounds and looks correct. There's no error reading from the furnace after it has failed (such as incomplete structure)? Just for clarification you put one aluminum in, it completes, then one steel and it stops? That's super strange seeing as steel should (correct me if I'm wrong it's been awhile) require much lesss energy.

Have you tried having a battery buffer feed directly into each energy hatch? So 2 turbines feeding each battery buffer, each battery buffer feeding each energy hatch? Just wondering if a bit of a buffer might help and resolve the issue (although doesn't sound liek it will).

T

targetingyou78

I'm not expecting much help but I figured I'd ask. I just tried adding extra cells 2 to my server. All of the times show up but most things have no crafting recipes. Just curious if anyone has any ideas why this might happen. My first thought is that maybe it has to do with the fact that all the default AE2 recipes were changed and EC2 references them in some way?

Edit: I restarted the server twice and now all seems to be working. Maybe it just takes a cycle to generate the correct recipes or something.

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Just for clarification you put one aluminum in, it completes, then one steel and it stops? That's super strange seeing as steel should (correct me if I'm wrong it's been awhile) require much lesss energy.

It will do an individual piece of steel/aluminium/kanthal, then refuse to do any more. This is true for putting a stack in the input bus, and for feeding the dust in one at a time. All the dust types produce the same effect.

--Edit--
Moved the EBF to a different location. Set it up the same as my first screenshot. It now works perfectly fine.
Now please excuse me while go and headbutt a brick wall for a while.

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I know the answer to my question will be: "RNG hates you" but I am now for 4 hours seraching for Manganese Ore and I don´t find any.

I did 2 Hours in survivl.. diging down each 3 Chuncks. after using like 4 stacks of steals for the tools I decided to switch to creative doing the same thing but at least not wasting the steal.
I found about everything but Manganese.

I also did dig in streight lines on Y=25 with no luck eather....

Edit: screw this... an other hour and nothing... How is this supossed to be rewarding/fun?
I like GT but this Ore Gen just killing me...

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
*snip*
quite indeed, aside from the easy titanium and aluminum from galacticraft, asteroid s is just to get naquad on ore form.

they do spawn now, just not much , i posted some time ago the "vein" i found of naquad, aside from that quest that requires 40 ores of naquad, is just easier to get it on The END.
*snip

But, within last week, this topic came up and jason himself acknowledged that they don't spawn in the asteroid dimension and that he thought he had a fix but had no eta for that fix.

Also, I'm real curious why it's disabled in the configs for what I can tell. I got really curious the other day so I went into creative and flew around the asteroid dimension for a few hours just looking at all the red granite asteroids and saw zero naquadah. everything else but... I really don't think it spawns there.
I know the answer to my question will be: "RNG hates you" but I am now for 4 hours seraching for Manganese Ore and I don´t find any.

I did 2 Hours in survivl.. diging down each 3 Chuncks. after using like 4 stacks of steals for the tools I decided to switch to creative doing the same thing but at least not wasting the steal.
I found about everything but Manganese.

I also did dig in streight lines on Y=25 with no luck eather....

Edit: screw this... an other hour and nothing... How is this supossed to be rewarding/fun?
I like GT but this Ore Gen just killing me...
On the one hand, I think this is the definition of GT oregen. Early on, w/o any decent tools to mine, mining in the GT world pre: advminer2 it is a sad grindy affair I'm afraid.

On the other hand, RNG is a pita and one person's magnesium is another person's rock salt, or olivine or tin lol. In the world I'm playing, I couldn't find rock salt or emeralds/olivine for the life of me. I had spent 2-3 days on a search for another lithium deposit for batteries (base was built on a very small one) and dejected, moved onto something else. A couple hours later, chasing a couple rogue endermen on my minimap into some cave near my base and I either found more of the lithium that was originally there or another oregen and it was huge, and literally 3 chunks away from my base. was so pissed lol

A year ago, friend and I went separate ways looking for tin, desperate for it. He ended up finding one vein and I backtracked and headed in his direction, then he started laughing in chat and said "this is awesome". I thought he found an enormous vein. Nope. a hungry node was in the middle of it and it was a race against time and gravity as we mined what we could around the node as it gobbled up all of our precious tin we so desparately needed. lmao fun times.

TBH, a year ago, played the pack when botania was in it and found it a ton more rewarding when you could go down the botania tree and make a terrashatterer and mine with impunity. I feel now it's just too damn grindy early on.

as soon as you can make some fluxed electrum, it gets a little easier since you can make the fluxed pick and can at least do a 3x1 mining and enchant it with fortune/silk and efficiency. Problem is, there isn't any RF capacitors you can carry with you so you have to bring a energy cell and plop it down and charge the pick all the time. Afraid there isn't really anything better till you can do an awakened pick really, and by that time, you're no longer manual mining, which to me, seems a waste. Gating an entire set of gear way into the end of the game to the point where by the time you can make them, their main purpose has been made completely moot seems counter intuitive to me. As far as the kami stf in general, this is really hard to apply my logic to them since, by default, kami -is- end game-ish (normally). But where gt is involved, I see it not so much as end game but mid to end game since you can do the entire kami set and still have a ton of gt stf left to do still. Again, removing any other equivalent tools, to me, seems like a bad idea and just pads the time with time wasters (i.e. grinding away mining, looking for ores). As I said above, advminer2 tho. once you get it, can power it, allievates all those issue and manual mining becomes something you do once in a blue moon.

Lastly, some options for finding veins:
* ov scanner
* thaumcraft pickaxe of the core - right click against rock and it'll use up some durability and show you any ores as ghost blocks in surrounding area. I'm 90% sure it does not show gt ores except the ores that have vanilla counterparts, but not sure. used it for some time to see if anything was near my branching tunnel.
* that other scanner that I can't remember at the moment. hqm walks you through making one. I didn't find it as useful really.

I tend to just mine out cardinally from my base at the Y level I am looking for (middle of said level) and then every couple chunks, mine left/right from my tunnel a ways and continue on.

if you are playing ssp, recommend adding router reborn to pack and make it's pick. you can then do 3x3 mining as if you had a terrashatterer.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if you know this guys. Be carefull with placing a steam turbine next to a cobblestone pipe/basic logistics pipe. It will crash your game!

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
But, within last week, this topic came up and jason himself acknowledged that they don't spawn in the asteroid dimension and that he thought he had a fix but had no eta for that fix.

Also, I'm real curious why it's disabled in the configs for what I can tell. I got really curious the other day so I went into creative and flew around the asteroid dimension for a few hours just looking at all the red granite asteroids and saw zero naquadah. everything else but... I really don't think it spawns there.

On the one hand, I think this is the definition of GT oregen. Early on, w/o any decent tools to mine, mining in the GT world pre: advminer2 it is a sad grindy affair I'm afraid.

On the other hand, RNG is a pita and one person's magnesium is another person's rock salt, or olivine or tin lol. In the world I'm playing, I couldn't find rock salt or emeralds/olivine for the life of me. I had spent 2-3 days on a search for another lithium deposit for batteries (base was built on a very small one) and dejected, moved onto something else. A couple hours later, chasing a couple rogue endermen on my minimap into some cave near my base and I either found more of the lithium that was originally there or another oregen and it was huge, and literally 3 chunks away from my base. was so pissed lol

A year ago, friend and I went separate ways looking for tin, desperate for it. He ended up finding one vein and I backtracked and headed in his direction, then he started laughing in chat and said "this is awesome". I thought he found an enormous vein. Nope. a hungry node was in the middle of it and it was a race against time and gravity as we mined what we could around the node as it gobbled up all of our precious tin we so desparately needed. lmao fun times.

TBH, a year ago, played the pack when botania was in it and found it a ton more rewarding when you could go down the botania tree and make a terrashatterer and mine with impunity. I feel now it's just too damn grindy early on.

as soon as you can make some fluxed electrum, it gets a little easier since you can make the fluxed pick and can at least do a 3x1 mining and enchant it with fortune/silk and efficiency. Problem is, there isn't any RF capacitors you can carry with you so you have to bring a energy cell and plop it down and charge the pick all the time. Afraid there isn't really anything better till you can do an awakened pick really, and by that time, you're no longer manual mining, which to me, seems a waste. Gating an entire set of gear way into the end of the game to the point where by the time you can make them, their main purpose has been made completely moot seems counter intuitive to me. As far as the kami stf in general, this is really hard to apply my logic to them since, by default, kami -is- end game-ish (normally). But where gt is involved, I see it not so much as end game but mid to end game since you can do the entire kami set and still have a ton of gt stf left to do still. Again, removing any other equivalent tools, to me, seems like a bad idea and just pads the time with time wasters (i.e. grinding away mining, looking for ores). As I said above, advminer2 tho. once you get it, can power it, allievates all those issue and manual mining becomes something you do once in a blue moon.

Lastly, some options for finding veins:
* ov scanner
* thaumcraft pickaxe of the core - right click against rock and it'll use up some durability and show you any ores as ghost blocks in surrounding area. I'm 90% sure it does not show gt ores except the ores that have vanilla counterparts, but not sure. used it for some time to see if anything was near my branching tunnel.
* that other scanner that I can't remember at the moment. hqm walks you through making one. I didn't find it as useful really.

I tend to just mine out cardinally from my base at the Y level I am looking for (middle of said level) and then every couple chunks, mine left/right from my tunnel a ways and continue on.

if you are playing ssp, recommend adding router reborn to pack and make it's pick. you can then do 3x3 mining as if you had a terrashatterer.

What you say is actually making me think of that Lithium and Emerald are also still missing on my list. I did go forward and forced myself for now around 6 hours of creative seraching...
I will stop for now.. maybe I will get motivated enouhg in some days but for the moment this is killing it for me :(
And that after I just got my EBF running on MV stable and feld like I have lots of stuff opend up now :(

T

targetingyou78

What you say is actually making me think of that Lithium and Emerald are also still missing on my list. I did go forward and forced myself for now around 6 hours of creative seraching...
I will stop for now.. maybe I will get motivated enouhg in some days but for the moment this is killing it for me :(
And that after I just got my EBF running on MV stable and feld like I have lots of stuff opend up now :(
I'm not a fan of mining either. I mined the old fashion way for maybe two months and then decided that this wasn't fun and I was not going to keep playing if I had to spend days looking for ores every time I needed something. I work full time and am finishing up a master's at school so time was not something I had an abundance of. So I went ahead and created a copy of the world I was in and then went and used the command to remove all dirt, grass, stone, lava, obsidian etc etc. This left me in a world where I could just float around and see all the ores that generated. This saved me from quitting a long time ago. In fact, this week I ran out of platinum and I heard the end spawns rare metals but I had not yet killed the ender dragon so before investing to do so, I went there in my cloned world in creative and cleared all endstone to make sure it would be worth my time... and it was, I'm going to have to go there at some point. Basically, like DoomSquirter said, just add a mod that adds an easier way to mine or change the configs to make it the way you want or be like me. The point being, it's your game, play it the way you want to.

Reactions: Dentvar
T

targetingyou78

@Jason McRay : You said you found a work around to make naquad spawn in the Asteroid Belt but don't intend to release a patch in the near future, could you just tell us what you discovered so we could go ahead and add it to the pack ourselves while we wait?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a fan of mining either. I mined the old fashion way for maybe two months and then decided that this wasn't fun and I was not going to keep playing if I had to spend days looking for ores every time I needed something. I work full time and am finishing up a master's at school so time was not something I had an abundance of. So I went ahead and created a copy of the world I was in and then went and used the command to remove all dirt, grass, stone, lava, obsidian etc etc. This left me in a world where I could just float around and see all the ores that generated. This saved me from quitting a long time ago. In fact, this week I ran out of platinum and I heard the end spawns rare metals but I had not yet killed the ender dragon so before investing to do so, I went there in my cloned world in creative and cleared all endstone to make sure it would be worth my time... and it was, I'm going to have to go there at some point. Basically, like DoomSquirter said, just add a mod that adds an easier way to mine or change the configs to make it the way you want or be like me. The point being, it's your game, play it the way you want to.

You don´t happen to remember this comand? I assume its not WorldEdit is it?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019

Not ashamed to say I did the same as well. Terrafirmacraft has similar oregen, similar mining speed and grind in terms of making picks and such. But what they did so much better was the prospecting pick, different minerals spawn in different rock types, and the fact that a pick lasts one hundred times longer. You spend 10 times more than you regularly would making a tool, but they last for a long time. While it can take you several hours to find a nickel vein (one of the rarer minerals) the exploration is rewarding and 1000 times less grindy in TFC. Gregtech tries to add 'realistic' seismic prospecting' /useless hammer prospecting with 5 blocks of where you click, and I just can't justify grinding dozens of hours just to find a stupid vein that is gating my entire progression.

Reactions: nonamefhh
T

targetingyou78

I don't off the top of my head but a quick Google search will come up with the command
Not ashamed to say I did the same as well. Terrafirmacraft has similar oregen, similar mining speed and grind in terms of making picks and such. But what they did so much better was the prospecting pick, different minerals spawn in different rock types, and the fact that a pick lasts one hundred times longer. You spend 10 times more than you regularly would making a tool, but they last for a long time. While it can take you several hours to find a nickel vein (one of the rarer minerals) the exploration is rewarding and 1000 times less grindy in TFC. Gregtech tries to add 'realistic' seismic prospecting' /useless hammer prospecting with 5 blocks of where you click, and I just can't justify grinding dozens of hours just to find a stupid vein that is gating my entire progression.
I feel that the ore gen is much more fun with a group of people when the labor 'm be split up and finding a vein furthers the group but by yourself it's a cumbersome task

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
he's referring to the /cofh clearblocks command. just type /cofh clearblocks and you'll get syntax

*snip*
The point being, it's your game, play it the way you want to.
this. this exactly. I couldn't agree more.

If you play on a server, you play the same game as everyone else, but if you're playing on ssp, it's up to you to decide what specific thing is making the game/mod less fun or more aggravating and bypass it how you see fit. Yes, you can ruin the game, yes, you can spoil all the fun, No, you aren't playing it as intended. But, if you continue to play and play it for a long ass time, you're doing something right for yourself.

I always try to play any game (not just mc) the way it was intended, but sometimes it's an unforgivable time sink that I just don't have the patience and/or time to apply myself to. It all depends on the circumstance.

Confession time: In this pack, I changed the thaum research to easy mode cause I've done it in normal and hard a dozen times and seriously, for me, that research game is not fun and is a great sleep aid. I added router reborn because I spent days getting thaum going like I did a year ago and was going to make awakened pick since there's no terrashatterer but was dismayed by the recipes and I wasn't anywhere close to being able to make ichor. So I use the rr pick to mine.

I am still enjoying the hell out of this pack tho. It's my first time doing gt all by myself and learning it is a blast. I tend to play mostly on servers, so I usually don't have this level of control over the gameplay. jason's done a bang up job pointing a gt newb towards what to do next and tbh, I don't think there's anything quite like this anywhere else hqm wise. Xavion's done a really great job with all the thaum gregification and has given me some pretty lofty goals to achieve but all of this has been fun thus far. I don't understand the philosophy behind some of the changes from a year ago to now but in the end it doesn't matter really and it's not my problem cause I have workarounds. :)

Reactions: targetingyou78

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I decided to check out the naquadah settings in worldgen.cfg to see why it was enabled/disabled and I think I see jason's quandry.

so, naquadah is specified in 3 sections as so:
Code:
worldgen {
*snip*
  B:ore.mix.naquadah_false=true
  B:ore.mix.naquadah_true=true
*snip*
}
dunno why there is a false and true in there but yeah, that's enabled.
Code:
  mix {

naquadah {
  B:Asteroid_true=true
  I:density_5=5
  B:EndAsteroid_true=false
  B:Mars_true=false
  I:MaxHeight_60=120
  I:MinHeight_10=60
  B:Moon_false=false
  B:Nether_false=false
  I:OrePrimaryLayer_324=324
  I:OreSecondaryLayer_324=324
  I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_324=324
  I:OreSporaticlyAround_326=324
  B:Overworld_false=false
  I:RandomWeight_10=8
  S:RestrictToBiomeName_None=None
  I:Size_32=32
  B:TheEnd_true=false
  }
that one looks fine
Code:
  dimensions {
    ore {
      mix {
*snip*
  naquadah {
  B:Asteroids_false=false
  B:Bedrock_false=false
  B:Mars_false=false
  B:Moon_false=false
  B:Nether_false=false
  B:Overworld_false=false
  B:"The End_false"=false
  }
so this last one it's disabled, but other ores are enabled in their appropriate sections.

so I changed Asteroids_false=false to Asteroids_false=true for the naquadah section (last one) and loaded up world and went to ungenned chunks in asteroids. and yeah, somehow that screws something up.

All of the red granite asteroids in the path I've gone with those settings in place, no matter what ores they have, all have some undefined gt ores that are just stone faced. example, a aluminum/Ilmenite/bauxite ore meteor will have all of it's ores correctly but in addition, a bunch of gt.blockores.0.name stones will be peppered around the outside of the meteor as well.

iirc I saw mention that this is a bug, maybe asp himself stated that. if so, I think that's why we're not seeing it there. Have to assume that there is no easy workaround for this then.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
he's referring to the /cofh clearblocks command. just type /cofh clearblocks and you'll get syntax

Thx. Google spilled out tons of MCEdit and WorldEdit but not this one :)

to the rest of the discussion. Yes, this pack is awsome but for me personaly the Gregtech Oregen was never fun. might be realistic but I don´t have to much time to spare.
Anyway awsome work by eveyone and also the comunity to maintain this thread for so long.