[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Having some issues with my EBF

It'll process one item (machine running perfectly fine), then refuse to run.
Whacking it with a soft hammer gives "processing enabled" in chat, it'll flash green once and eat a steel/kanthal/aluminium dust before immediately stopping.
Space available in output bus. (this happens even when output bus is empty)
No error messages/maintenance needed messages on the control block. Current message is 'hit with soft hammer to (re-)start the machine if it doesn't start'
Powered through 4x lv gas turbines into 2x lv energy input hatch. More then 250 buckets of fuel in the tank. Enough fuel in the turbines to process ~4 items.
No blocks on top of muffler hatch.
Picking up the EBF controller, then doing all the maintenance again allows it to process one more item before the problem repeats itself.

Obligatory screenshot.
2017-02-10_20.12.36.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Having some issues with my EBF
Powered through 4x lv gas turbines into 2x lv energy input hatch. More then 250 buckets of fuel in the tank. Enough fuel in the turbines to process ~4 items.
You're powering the hatches from 2 sides each? Or via a 2x cable?

I'm not sure the hatches can accept power from the sides, so you may need to switch to a 2x cable for each pair of turbines. Or, alternatively, add another energy hatch (or two)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dunno. The 1 cycle thing is how it often works for people powering their first EBF. They'll get one aluminium ingot, then it shuts down. What happens if you add a third hatch? Does it magically fix itself?

Also: Any chance your muffler is obstructed by something like an Arcane Lamp invisible block? RailCraft also once added invis blocks, maybe it still does.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No arcane lamps in range. Placed-removed blocks above the muffler to clear any potential invisible blocks.
Added a 3rd hatch and a 5th turbine. Replaced the controller block. Fixed maintenance- it ran for 1 cycle, ate a second steel dust and stopped.
Fascinating. Does your EBF cross a chunk boundary? If you monitor its EU storage with a portable scanner, does it reveal anything useful? (I *think* you can monitor the eBF's eu storage...)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
EBF, gas turbines and fuel tank are all in the same chunk.
Extra utils scanner didn't reveal anything useful. I'm a fair way off crafting the Gt one.

Tried using an inverted LV transformer to step up the voltage to MV, through an MV energy hatch. EBF immediately ate the steel dust and gave up on the first cycle.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
EBF, gas turbines and fuel tank are all in the same chunk.
Extra utils scanner didn't reveal anything useful. I'm a fair way off crafting the Gt one.

Tried using an inverted LV transformer to step up the voltage to MV, through an MV energy hatch. EBF immediately ate the steel dust and gave up on the first cycle.
Try putting a third cable inbetween the other 2 so that both energy hatch are connected to all 4-5 turbine at once.

Edit: if your using only 4 turbines, make sure to take in mind the EU lost per meter.

For a reason i cannot explain, if the two energy hatch are "separated" like in @Pyure picture, it seem to fail. I had this exact same problem with my friend's EBF months ago.

T

targetingyou78

So I just made my first Tungstensteel. In fact, I made 4 stacks of it... it feels so rare... what should I do with it? (TBH Besides the time it takes to smelt, It's actually much easier to get than titanium xD )

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Try putting a third cable inbetween the other 2 so that both energy hatch are connected to all 4-5 turbine at once.

Edit: if your using only 4 turbines, make sure to take in mind the EU lost per meter.

For a reason i cannot explain, if the two energy hatch are "separated" like in @Pyure picture, it seem to fail. I had this exact same problem with my friend's EBF months ago.
This isn't my experience. I always keep my lines separated like that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, as far as the asteroid dimension goes, so far it looks like the normal looking gc asteroids contain gc ores (yay! found 2 diamond and 1 solid meteoric iron [goal]).

and the gt ones (e.g. red granite) contained some gt ores. Is that basically the jist? If I'm looking for gt ores, stick to gt specific asteroids?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so did not see naquadah in about an hr of searching, tho that's not decisive ofc, but it's been already stated that it doesn't spawn like it should in the asteroid dimension. Decided to look at worldgen.cfg, naquadah is disabled in the asteroid dimension. wtf?

This topic has multiple iterations of the pack going back a couple years and since ftb's forum is pos, it makes it hard if not impossible, to sort posts by date. I do recall someone stating that they or someone got it through advmine2 in the end(?) I swear it was end, not asteroid dimension. dunno how it'd do it in asteroid dim since I've seen zero small ores here. And if that's the way ppl have been doing it, jeez, that'll take some time.

I see a thaum infusion recipe (pricey I might add) that requires 2 primordial pearls. are the pearls used up during the infusion?

I see a fusion recipe using thorium and plutonium.

Jason's update was classified as no-eta-available for when naquadah does gen correctly or whatever his fix is.

Is this all the methods then?

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really true that its impossible to power gregtech machines from Galacticraft Solar? I've tried about every combination of cables, transformers and batboxes I can think of, and I searched on the net and about all Ive found talking about it is one conversation months ago in this thread where there was no real conclusion for how it can be done.

If this is intended you should really make it more clear. There is no indication of it in the quest book, infact the exact opposite, it encourages you to take them to the moon and use them for power, even including a clipboard with a recommendation to take an implosion compressor which would be impossible to power with them. They also will charge Gregtech Batteries but not anything else which is very inconsistent. I don't mind if its disabled but at least tell the player that theyre going to need another power source. I spent multiple days preparing for this trip, crafting gregtech machines and all kinds of stuff to make a moon base instantly, only to find Im gonna have to go back anyway.

Honestly they don't seem worth using at all in this state, if all they can do is charge the galacticraft machines, I wouldnt normally want two seperate power systems in one base, so at that point why even have a quest for them at all.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
so did not see naquadah in about an hr of searching, tho that's not decisive ofc, but it's been already stated that it doesn't spawn like it should in the asteroid dimension. Decided to look at worldgen.cfg, naquadah is disabled in the asteroid dimension. wtf?

This topic has multiple iterations of the pack going back a couple years and since ftb's forum is pos, it makes it hard if not impossible, to sort posts by date. I do recall someone stating that they or someone got it through advmine2 in the end(?) I swear it was end, not asteroid dimension. dunno how it'd do it in asteroid dim since I've seen zero small ores here. And if that's the way ppl have been doing it, jeez, that'll take some time.

I see a thaum infusion recipe (pricey I might add) that requires 2 primordial pearls. are the pearls used up during the infusion?

I see a fusion recipe using thorium and plutonium.

Jason's update was classified as no-eta-available for when naquadah does gen correctly or whatever his fix is.

Is this all the methods then?
What i had suggested was to use the Adv Miner II in The End on the main island. When you've cleaned it up, you reset The End via HEE.

Another person stated that this is what he's been doing with 3 or so Adv Miner II at once. Tbough it is slow and tedious, it does net you some Naquadah.

U

UNG_God

Powered through 4x lv gas turbines into 2x lv energy input hatch.

you need at leasr 3 lv energy hatches to actualy smelt the most basic recipes.

Tried using an inverted LV transformer to step up the voltage to MV, through an MV energy hatch.

that is adviced but you might need to put a battery for power direct at the hatch as with loss it might not give enough power to run it fully.

you need to check the voltage of recipes some require more than other, also putting more than 2 energy hatches makes you overclock the ebf and it will require even more power (because it ups the tier and yes any hatch will add) , so make a energy hatch for the voltage (mv i believe) atach a battery to it with at least two batteries inside and try.

what should I do with it?

tools, that is the best you can use at that point unless you can make some processing array

Is that basically the jist?

quite indeed, aside from the easy titanium and aluminum from galacticraft, asteroid s is just to get naquad on ore form.

so did not see naquadah in about an hr of searching, tho that's not decisive ofc, but it's been already stated that it doesn't spawn like it should in the asteroid dimension.

they do spawn now, just not much , i posted some time ago the "vein" i found of naquad, aside from that quest that requires 40 ores of naquad, is just easier to get it on The END.

Is it really true that its impossible to power gregtech machines from Galacticraft Solar?

it is possible using the route of converting rf to gt eu through pneumaticraft, but that is a bit too much for most people.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
you need at leasr 3 lv energy hatches to actualy smelt the most basic recipes.
That hasn't been true for a long time, the soldering iron was added to GT5u a long time back, and since that it has been possible to fix every problem so you only need the listed EU/t which means you only need 2 LV hatches for the 120EU/t. If you don't have one you'll be limited to 1 problem unfixed yes, which means +10% and needing an extra hatch to reach 132EU/t.

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
it is possible using the route of converting rf to gt eu through pneumaticraft, but that is a bit too much for most people.

I've already got a small pneumaticraft setup back on earth, what kind of machines/blocks would I need to make that happen?