[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sometimes the amount of resources the Advanced Miner II produces just blows me away. I just finished mining a Lazurite Vein and .... what am I supposed to do with 1000 stacks of crushed Lazurite xD I mined the vein because I was always short on lapis for Extra Utilities stuff.
You can electrolyze it I guess, some decent byproducts. Mid/high level circuits can use it.

Uh, for the most part, you just enjoy the fact that you'll never need to mine a lazurite vein again.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
You can electrolyze it I guess, some decent byproducts. Mid/high level circuits can use it.

Uh, for the most part, you just enjoy the fact that you'll never need to mine a lazurite vein again.

I went through 1000 lazurite actually fairly quickly just because of lapotron crystals or energy flow circuits.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I went through 1000 lazurite actually fairly quickly just because of lapotron crystals or energy flow circuits.
Yeah, to some extent so did I since I tend to mass-produce things. Although at least with those circuits you have multiple options (lapis and Lazurite. I forget if Sodalite also works)

T

targetingyou78

Question really for everyone but, how did you guys make so many lapotron crystals? Did you just keep mining sapphire for exquisites or did you make tons of circuits?

Also, is there supposed to be no recipe for the Magic Generator from GT?

Last edited:

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think one of my A.Miner II came accross a sapphire vein while mining something else and resulted in 3-4 stacks of sapphire. And I spent tonnes of time on bees and quadrupled the sapphires with combs (probably the thing I enjoyed the least out of this playthrough). As someone said earlier, flawless are better for making crystals because they produce 2 or 4 times (can't remember) the number of crystals that exquisite do.

As for the magic generator, I always just assumed it was tied to the thauminonomonnicon.

edit: I asked earlier and got no response. What are the thermal stats (life length, heat output etc.) of the Naquadah fuel cells vs thorium/uranium cells? I haven't found squat on them.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Question really for everyone but, how did you guys make so many lapotron crystals? Did you just keep mining sapphire for exquisites or did you make tons of circuits?

Also, is there supposed to be no recipe for the Magic Generator from GT?
all the magic stf is tied to thaum research as captain_oats said.

I made the mistake of starting to use sapphires for lapotron crystals and realized I was going to use all of my preeecious shiny things, so I started going down the route of making a ton of ruby dust to make the energium, a ton of circuits, which made me realize I had no redstone left, so mined some more, made some more energium, mined some more, found some more ruby, danced for 5 minutes till I was out of ruby dust again, rinse repeat lol

Sometimes the amount of resources the Advanced Miner II produces just blows me away. I just finished mining a Lazurite Vein and .... what am I supposed to do with 1000 stacks of crushed Lazurite xD I mined the vein because I was always short on lapis for Extra Utilities stuff.

Yeah... about that. I was JUST starting to feel that smug feeling that I had started down the path that I was 'beating' the game, since I was swimming in resources, etc. I heard the sound similar to an anvil falling on wile-e-coyote but ignored it. I started progressing through some quests after doing a few in space and went to mars, and decided to go back and finish some in fusion section. decided to see how interesting that assembly line was to make. Started making IV motors and making the block itself to make the book was interesting in itself, opened the book and as I read the layout/requirements and looked up all the info in NEI, that aforementioned anvil hit me smack on the noggin with a resounding NOPE meme. :eek:

btw, adv miner 2 on mars is an endless font of random stf. I've had mine running for like 2+ days now (real time) chunkloaded and all and have checked it twice to ensure it has mining pipes and it's only gone down 20 so far. Assuming it's cause of the increased Y level, more stf has a chance to spawn.

T

targetingyou78

all the magic stf is tied to thaum research as captain_oats said.

I made the mistake of starting to use sapphires for lapotron crystals and realized I was going to use all of my preeecious shiny things, so I started going down the route of making a ton of ruby dust to make the energium, a ton of circuits, which made me realize I had no redstone left, so mined some more, made some more energium, mined some more, found some more ruby, danced for 5 minutes till I was out of ruby dust again, rinse repeat lol

Yeah... about that. I was JUST starting to feel that smug feeling that I had started down the path that I was 'beating' the game, since I was swimming in resources, etc. I heard the sound similar to an anvil falling on wile-e-coyote but ignored it. I started progressing through some quests after doing a few in space and went to mars, and decided to go back and finish some in fusion section. decided to see how interesting that assembly line was to make. Started making IV motors and making the block itself to make the book was interesting in itself, opened the book and as I read the layout/requirements and looked up all the info in NEI, that aforementioned anvil hit me smack on the noggin with a resounding NOPE meme. :eek:

btw, adv miner 2 on mars is an endless font of random stf. I've had mine running for like 2+ days now (real time) chunkloaded and all and have checked it twice to ensure it has mining pipes and it's only gone down 20 so far. Assuming it's cause of the increased Y level, more stf has a chance to spawn.
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying mining in mars is good or bad? Also, I don't feel like I have unlimited resources... it's just the stinking Lazurite... I have no intention of even processing it. It'll clog up my processing chain forever.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Off-topic the ongoing discussion:

- After some testing, it seems that Growth Lamp from Thaumcraft does not accelerate Crops. If it does so, then it does so very poorly. Thus, a 21 Growth stats outgrow the Lamp by over 10 times.

Just thought i'd my friend and I finding o.-

T

targetingyou78

Off-topic the ongoing discussion:

- After some testing, it seems that Growth Lamp from Thaumcraft does not accelerate Crops. If it does so, then it does so very poorly. Thus, a 21 Growth stats outgrow the Lamp by over 10 times.

Just thought i'd my friend and I finding o.-
It does not affect IC2 crops. Ic2 crops use a different type of growth than normal crops.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying mining in mars is good or bad? Also, I don't feel like I have unlimited resources... it's just the stinking Lazurite... I have no intention of even processing it. It'll clog up my processing chain forever.
it's great considering all the stf I'm grabbing up. I have a transciever and everything's auto processed back at home. so not worried about having too much stf atm lol

for instance, I keep on needing more and more tin for cells, using up all the copper in sight for cables, etc to make things. just seems like whenever I feel I've got too much of X, a use finds itself and takes it away lol

as far as one material, like lazurite. It all ends up useful at some point or another. I break my lazurite dust down to aluminum, silicon, sodium (for chlorine).

One thing I keep on finding myself short on is emeralds tho. hard to make more data storage circuits w/o them.

T

targetingyou78

it's great considering all the stf I'm grabbing up. I have a transciever and everything's auto processed back at home. so not worried about having too much stf atm lol

for instance, I keep on needing more and more tin for cells, using up all the copper in sight for cables, etc to make things. just seems like whenever I feel I've got too much of X, a use finds itself and takes it away lol

as far as one material, like lazurite. It all ends up useful at some point or another. I break my lazurite dust down to aluminum, silicon, sodium (for chlorine).

One thing I keep on finding myself short on is emeralds tho. hard to make more data storage circuits w/o them.
Ohh chlorine could be a really good use for the lazurite. Thanks for the idea.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, I got a big question.

I made a large steam turbine, followed the guide, had zero issues. been running beautifully for days now.

Made a large diesel engine, same story. no problems

decided to use the methane gas bedrockium drum I've been collecting and made a large gas turbine. Same as large steam turbine but used stainless steel turbine casings instead of the turbine casings (from book).

Started it up, saw it running, debug'd the thing to check power levels, was charging up an ev battery box from a ev dynamo hatch

then kablooie/boom/bang

no clue why. what could I have done wrong? Nothing in the book states anything to watch for, same for gt page on ftb.

I'm clueless. pls send halp. :(

edit: 2 things I neglected to mention:
1) I stupidly put maintenance hatch on side not top (why I don't know) but it did let me clear the errors so.... I know I should have put it on top, could this have caused it?
and
2) yes, I put an ev muffler hatch on top pointing up.
edit 2: I redid entire thing, put maintenance hatch in right place and basically once turbine just about hits 100% speed, it blows all the parts out dramatically.

edit 3: last bit I saw before second blowout is turbine speed was 86% but output was 2340 eu/t. now, this is EV cable and EV battery box attached to turbine, thus 2340 > 2048. is this the cause? so do I need a higher dynamo hatch and battery box? or ? sorry for the newb question and all the edits.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
edit 3: last bit I saw before second blowout is turbine speed was 86% but output was 2340 eu/t. now, this is EV cable and EV battery box attached to turbine, thus 2340 > 2048. is this the cause? so do I need a higher dynamo hatch and battery box? or ? sorry for the newb question and all the edits.
Definitely the cause

L

Loreili

Any reason you're using Emeralds over Olivine? I've tended to find veins for both all over the place but have stuck with the olivine plates for making DC Circuits so far.

The pain I'm hitting is getting the plutonium I need for the fusion reactor/quantum armor :eek:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any reason you're using Emeralds over Olivine? I've tended to find veins for both all over the place but have stuck with the olivine plates for making DC Circuits so far.

The pain I'm hitting is getting the plutonium I need for the fusion reactor/quantum armor :eek:
I also prefer Olivine.
Mental note: Make Olivine bees tonight.

For Plutonium, a single-chamber reactor with alternating Cell/Cooling is the simplest way to get it.
Mental note. See what Plutonium bees are all about.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Definitely the cause
it's my first user created explosion, so forgive my ignorance *hehe*

Ok, so you have to match the output eu/t to what dynamo you use, etc. Ok. didn't realize that. so I could transform down from an IV I guess.

so if I didn't connect the dynamo to a battery buffer or anything, would it still explode? I'm wondering if it was the battery box that exploded or the turbine. Just wondering how you're supposed to know how much eu/t you're going to get firing it up the first time, so you can plan it out, etc....

When I said emeralds, olivine was also implied since they show up together, but yeah, for some reason, I've found tons of uranium, diamond, pretty much everything EXCEPT olivine/emeralds and it took me a week to find even one salt/rock salt deposit. I get to mars, there are salt deposits everywhere I look which I was extremely happy about lol

edit: woops, confused olivine and emeralds being together, but yeah, haven't found a lot of that either. looking at correct Y level but I just learned about OV scanner so hopefully that helps out as well.

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Trying to automate my reactor complex, and the Nuclear Control range trigger sounds like about what I want to output redstone based on the stored EU in a 16X IV battery buffer. Problem is, the Gregtech card won't go in the range trigger. It works fine in the industrial information panel.
If I have to, I can use an energy detector cover, but it would be significantly cleaner if I could get this range trigger working.
Any ideas what's going on?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
last self promoting video.

I just finished making my first assembly line. woah, this kicks the complexity up a couple notches for sure.

For planning purposes, is there any place that shows what all the recipes are for all the things you can make in the assembly line for figuring out just how best to set up the inputs for all the various pieces? Also, I assume if you are supplying a fluid or item that isn't necessary to build the thing you're building, it gets ignored, not nullified, correct?