[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

T

targetingyou78

My feeling is if you found uranium, why not? free power then. I made a breeder I guess so I can get plutonium and it's making 270 EU/t atm but I'll get a bunch of depleted cells to get plutonium from. from the link that blood asp posted a few posts back, I saw some that did upwards of 1200+ so not too shabby for something that'd just sit there being wasted not being used somewhere.

I made a big reactor to supply steam to my big steam turbine cause I had a ton of yellorite, so again, free power. essentially. getting water into the reactor tho, that was a different trick altogether.
Lol you're a couple weeks behind with that big reactor comment :p a month or two ago we were discussing it and unggod realized that despite not having unlimmited water you can use the extra utilities to get insane amounts of water. He just left it there but I went ahead and did it and did the calculations of eu / yellorium a while back. It came out stupidly high imo (the fuel consumption rate was up'ed by a factor of ten from the default but it really isn't enough in my opinion). I've been running my base off of a few stacks of the stuff for months. Also, with the AMII kicking out insane amounts of it, I'm sitting with more than a barrel full of extra yellorium.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Your program will work with Bedrockium Drum?
Yes it does.
You might have missed it but in the picture I showed it already had 2 quantum tanks 5 with water connected without problems. (quantum tank 5 is 31 times bigger than a bedrockium drum)

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol you're a couple weeks behind with that big reactor comment :p a month or two ago we were discussing it and unggod realized that despite not having unlimmited water you can use the extra utilities to get insane amounts of water. He just left it there but I went ahead and did it and did the calculations of eu / yellorium a while back. It came out stupidly high imo (the fuel consumption rate was up'ed by a factor of ten from the default but it really isn't enough in my opinion). I've been running my base off of a few stacks of the stuff for months. Also, with the AMII kicking out insane amounts of it, I'm sitting with more than a barrel full of extra yellorium.
yeah, I saw you guys talking about it so at least I went in not so unprepared. :)

sadly, I had more success with the br than the ic2 reactor. I have tried a bazillion different combinations of transformers but for the life of me I cannot get power out of the ic2 reactor unless I just charge up batteries one at a time in the chargepad.

edit: ok, wtf, so last night I fiddled with this for hours and gave up in disgust. I was loading my world as I typed this msg. as soon as I loaded the world, I looked at my setup, looked at battery buffer I had put there, then as I watched, suddenly the lapotron started charging ... I mean c'mon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I saw you guys talking about it so at least I went in not so unprepared. :)

sadly, I had more success with the br than the ic2 reactor. I have tried a bazillion different combinations of transformers but for the life of me I cannot get power out of the ic2 reactor unless I just charge up batteries one at a time in the chargepad.
Just place a gt transformer infront of the charge pad = solved

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just place a gt transformer infront of the charge pad = solved
yeah, just edited my post. that was what I read in the forum here to do and I did! but it did not work. I went downstairs and got a drink and came back and nothing happened to the current setup and nothing. figured screw it, quit mc and watched a movie. I loaded it up as I typed that msg and when I went in, suddenly it's working. *SMH* oh well.

U

UNG_God

If I already have a diesel engine should I still build a nuclear reactor? Reading the post and 160eu/t doesn't sound very helpful and tbh even 666eu/t would be pretty useless xD

power might not be a problem but you will need a material that can only be made with depleted thorium rods, lutenium, for the high metals, so at least to burn thorium rod you will need a reactor.

to get power from ic2 to gt is ic2 energy storage/transformer and use a gt transformer to suck that eu out, people often forget that all gt electric components have internal buffer and the higher the tier the bigger it is and the longer it takes to starting filling batteries.patience people.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
power might not be a problem but you will need a material that can only be made with depleted thorium rods, lutenium, for the high metals, so at least to burn thorium rod you will need a reactor.

to get power from ic2 to gt is ic2 energy storage/transformer and use a gt transformer to suck that eu out, people often forget that all gt electric components have internal buffer and the higher the tier the bigger it is and the longer it takes to starting filling batteries.patience people.
I used the scanner on everything and never saw power increasing in any of the blocks I was testing with.

The scanner does show internal buffer of the block, correct?

U

UNG_God

I used the scanner on everything and never saw power increasing in any of the blocks I was testing with.

The scanner does show internal buffer of the block, correct?

yes it does, but there is two values, and to start receiving power it need a least one battery inside.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the problem is that the output is too big to see everything. So you need to enter the chat and scroll up a bit to see the internal stored energy?

Reactions: targetingyou78
T

targetingyou78

Maybe the problem is that the output is too big to see everything. So you need to enter the chat and scroll up a bit to see the internal stored energy?
This ^.^ took me a while to figure out it gives more than the lines you see in chat by default

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
unless it takes a while for that number to update, I didn't see it. I drained the scanner quite a few times yesterday cause I was clicking on boxes so often and checking scrollback (and yeah, I noticed it's off the screen). it'd show 2 numbers, assuming second # was max but 1st number was > 0 but it stayed pretty constant while I checked. like over a span of at least a couple minutes.

I'm an impatient person tho, so don't trust me when it comes to patience lol. There's definately some pretty decent delays while doing certain things with the machines, like changing the output side and clicking the button to auto output. sometimes it happens instantaneous. Sometimes it doesn't seem to take till something happens to trigger it, sometimes it just takes 30 seconds or thereabouts. it's a little inconsistent tho I'm sure it has it's reasons.

T

targetingyou78

unless it takes a while for that number to update, I didn't see it. I drained the scanner quite a few times yesterday cause I was clicking on boxes so often and checking scrollback (and yeah, I noticed it's off the screen). it'd show 2 numbers, assuming second # was max but 1st number was > 0 but it stayed pretty constant while I checked. like over a span of at least a couple minutes.

I'm an impatient person tho, so don't trust me when it comes to patience lol. There's definately some pretty decent delays while doing certain things with the machines, like changing the output side and clicking the button to auto output. sometimes it happens instantaneous. Sometimes it doesn't seem to take till something happens to trigger it, sometimes it just takes 30 seconds or thereabouts. it's a little inconsistent tho I'm sure it has it's reasons.
I'm sure bloody knows for sure but a long time ago I remember reading about gregtech and the way he did certain things and I believe machines try to perform actions and if they fail they begin to try less often. Like most mods will try to perform an action every tick forever which can cause lag when you get a lot of machines but gregtech does something like try now (tick 1) failed... Try in a little (tick 5) failed... Try later. Maybe it was a different mod but it lessens the load each machine has on a server. (again this might be a different mod)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure bloody knows for sure but a long time ago I remember reading about gregtech and the way he did certain things and I believe machines try to perform actions and if they fail they begin to try less often. Like most mods will try to perform an action every tick forever which can cause lag when you get a lot of machines but gregtech does something like try now (tick 1) failed... Try in a little (tick 5) failed... Try later. Maybe it was a different mod but it lessens the load each machine has on a server. (again this might be a different mod)
I do remember reeding something about that somewhere but i believe it was for a machine in particular and not all machines.

U

UNG_God

After getting to fussion and realizing that from now on is just keep upgrading and spending insane rare materials in new more annoying process , there is not much point on keep playing, there is nothing new to address just the same thing over and over , so this might be the end of it. It was rather fun, but too much grinding at some choking points, i learned a lot and improved some aspects, so thanks everyone who shared some tips and tricks and good luck.

H

hawki

After getting to fussion and realizing that from now on is just keep upgrading and spending insane rare materials in new more annoying process , there is not much point on keep playing, there is nothing new to address just the same thing over and over , so this might be the end of it. It was rather fun, but too much grinding at some choking points, i learned a lot and improved some aspects, so thanks everyone who shared some tips and tricks and good luck.
I am kind of at the same stage now as well. I played this for months and had much fun with this pack. I got sustained fusion, sustained neutronium production and i moved into space ;) My machine park is working on IV and everything is automated even making a new fusion reactor. No idea what to do next. I have like 30 IC2 reactors for naquada burning and my quarry has mined through 130 million blocks already ;)

In those 130 million blocks the quarry found 2 iridium veins and it worked for I believe 3 months whenever I was online with 2 x3 speed upgrades. I guess I ll make my spacestation look better and then its bye bye for me. I might post some pics at some point.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have this problem of insanly high coords when going to the asteroid dimension?
o4U1ywu.png

I'm just a million blocks away from my asteroid base. (btw thats way more than the max range of a stargate(at least with our energy settings))

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
nice. found 2 jungles separated by ocean, each had 4-5 temples each. found a zpm and a whole lot of ancient coins. I think I know what the zpm is for (single use battery) but the ancient coins? Do I use them for trading with sgtech villagers? The ones with freaky eyes?

C

ColdComfort

So I'm trying to craft a naquadria arrow. Has this recipe been removed? I don't see it show up in NEI, and the fluid solidifier and forming press don't seem to work with the arrowhead mold in any way that I can figure out.

Anyone have any ideas? (It's a required component of the Robes of the Stratosphere.)

H

hawki

So I'm trying to craft a naquadria arrow. Has this recipe been removed? I don't see it show up in NEI, and the fluid solidifier and forming press don't seem to work with the arrowhead mold in any way that I can figure out.

Anyone have any ideas? (It's a required component of the Robes of the Stratosphere.)

For Nq+ it is best to put naquadah ores through a sag mill and then use bees to amplyfly the result x4, for Naquadria, you need a lot of Nq+ and make naquada fuel rods out of that. Deplete them in IC2 reactors and then put the depleted cell into a thermal centrifuge. Every 3 Nq+ will yield 1 Nqx

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
just noticed that in the thaumonomnom, the transmutation for chrome shows 1 chrome nugget -> 3 chrome nugget but u actually get 3 tiny piles instead.