[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

looking to upgrade my nano stf and looking forward at the quantum gear. I see only the recipe in the scanner, how does that work? Not that I'm ready to do it or anything, just curious... - crop -
The scanner gets the recipe onto a datastick, that recipe is then used in the multiblock assembly line to produce the item.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Noticing that the advminer2 doesn't seem to pick up electrotine ore. using it for my hv cabling, guess I'll have to manually mine up that.

The scanner gets the recipe onto a datastick, that recipe is then used in the multiblock assembly line to produce the item.
oh ok, I'm way far away from that. will google it I guess.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I'm making my first ic2 nuke. Other than good wishes and pressing me to buy insurance for acts of god, etc, any good pages showing layouts for good designs etc? I'm looking at the ic2 page but they go over more or less what each of the components do, etc...

Also, on same note, I'm going to surround area with reinforced stone/glass and a reinforced door and on top of it, put warded glass all around it as well. I was told the warded glass would be all you'd need to ensure an explosion is contained, am I at least protected by any booms if I do all of the above?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm making my first ic2 nuke. Other than good wishes and pressing me to buy insurance for acts of god, etc, any good pages showing layouts for good designs etc? I'm looking at the ic2 page but they go over more or less what each of the components do, etc...
Dare ask who or what u r nuking?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Dare ask who or what u r nuking?
I think he might have his terminology confused, meaning he intends to build a nuclear reactor, rather than a "nuke" for destruction... but then you're probably aware of that already, and I'm making a fool of myself by this reply. :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think he might have his terminology confused, meaning he intends to build a nuclear reactor, rather than a "nuke" for destruction... but then you're probably aware of that already, and I'm making a fool of myself by this reply. :)
whoops yeah. reactor. :) playing ssp so nobody to aggro here lol

dl'd the reactor planner and put in the plan friend had made in our base that I had screencapped 6 ish months ago, which got (no joke) 666 eu/t but the sim said it'd do a heck of a lot less so I'm now assuming that my friend did something else (blood sacrifice comes to mind, no reason).

Just curious if there's anything like "explain it to me like I'm a 10 year old" in regards to ic2 reactors....

A

Alven4

Very good explanation of mechanics is at IC2 wiki (http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Nuclear_Reactor). Look at nuclear reactor components if you want to specially about some of the components.

What is good layout depends on what is your priority? Efficiency? Output? Safety?

Most efficient reactor(s) possible is quad MOX fuel rod in direct mode with Iridium Neutron Reflectors at each side running at highest hull temperature possible without meltdown with cooling using coolant cells and heat exchangers (Remember, no vents). The coolant cells have to be then cooled down in fluid reactor using heat exchangers and vents.
This reactor design should yield insane amounts of EU per one quad MOX fuel rod but it is very dangerous and requires precise micromanagement.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Very good explanation of mechanics is at IC2 wiki (http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Nuclear_Reactor). Look at nuclear reactor components if you want to specially about some of the components.

What is good layout depends on what is your priority? Efficiency? Output? Safety?

Most efficient reactor(s) possible is quad MOX fuel rod in direct mode with Iridium Neutron Reflectors at each side running at highest hull temperature possible without meltdown with cooling using coolant cells and heat exchangers (Remember, no vents). The coolant cells have to be then cooled down in fluid reactor using heat exchangers and vents.
This reactor design should yield insane amounts of EU per one quad MOX fuel rod but it is very dangerous and requires precise micromanagement.
lol so yeah, if I was a 10 year old, I'd have kicked you in the shins :)

As noted, I looked at that page but it's a bit confusing. I tend to absorb things once I have working models in front of me and can compare/contrast.

I guess I'll google some more and see if I can find some cheat sheets or go back to the ic2 page for brain rot time. Also wondering if anything is different from ic2 proper to gt? I was pretty meticulous copying the exact setup used a year ago but the amount of eu/t shown in the simulator was way off from the 666 EU/t we got out of it (simulator says 160 eu/t). I have not tried to make it in game yet, maybe I will startup a creative world to do that.

here's the code: 001E0C0C1D000000001D141F1F141D000000001F02021F00000000001F02021F000000001D141F1F141D000000001D0C0C1E00000000

Here's the screencap:
3ChfuGi.png

only thing I couldn't be sure was the fuel, whether it was uranium or the mox

H

Herrminator1994

lol so yeah, if I was a 10 year old, I'd have kicked you in the shins :)

As noted, I looked at that page but it's a bit confusing. I tend to absorb things once I have working models in front of me and can compare/contrast.

I guess I'll google some more and see if I can find some cheat sheets or go back to the ic2 page for brain rot time. Also wondering if anything is different from ic2 proper to gt? I was pretty meticulous copying the exact setup used a year ago but the amount of eu/t shown in the simulator was way off from the 666 EU/t we got out of it (simulator says 160 eu/t). I have not tried to make it in game yet, maybe I will startup a creative world to do that.

here's the code: 001E0C0C1D000000001D141F1F141D000000001F02021F00000000001F02021F000000001D141F1F141D000000001D0C0C1E00000000

Here's the screencap:
3ChfuGi.png

only thing I couldn't be sure was the fuel, whether it was uranium or the mox
That's MOX.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
so I change those fuel rods to mox and the simulator still shows 160 eu/t, not the 666 which you see in the pic. wondering if it's heat or something.
MOX reactors get way more effective with higher heat. I typically keep mine around 80%, where they cause player damage when you're close by but don't actually set anything on fire.

You can increase the heat of your reactor by (!!!) removing safety components, watching the heat increase, and then tossing them back in when you're at the desired temperature. Depending on the types of cooling components in your reactor, it will maintain that temperature indefinitely.

T

targetingyou78

If I already have a diesel engine should I still build a nuclear reactor? Reading the post and 160eu/t doesn't sound very helpful and tbh even 666eu/t would be pretty useless xD

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If I already have a diesel engine should I still build a nuclear reactor? Reading the post and 160eu/t doesn't sound very helpful and tbh even 666eu/t would be pretty useless xD
My feeling is if you found uranium, why not? free power then. I made a breeder I guess so I can get plutonium and it's making 270 EU/t atm but I'll get a bunch of depleted cells to get plutonium from. from the link that blood asp posted a few posts back, I saw some that did upwards of 1200+ so not too shabby for something that'd just sit there being wasted not being used somewhere.

I made a big reactor to supply steam to my big steam turbine cause I had a ton of yellorite, so again, free power. essentially. getting water into the reactor tho, that was a different trick altogether.

Reactions: targetingyou78

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can get way more than 800 eu/t from a single reactor. But the point of nuclear isn't just eu/t. Its also eu/fuel.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I'm a little confused about getting gt eu from the ic2 reactor.

I placed a ic2 hv-transformer in step up (in 2048, out 512x5) next to reactor, then a gt hv transformer in step up mode (in 512, out 2048) and a ev battery charger next to that. been patient, hitting scanner, have pointed the two transformers at each other but nothing happens. lapotron crystal in battery charger showing no increase.

At one point, I had like 104k in crystal but I don't know how it got there. was after I was moving things around.

I had made a mfsu charger and that worked fine. could put the lapotron crystals in it and charge them one at a time (connected directly to reactor). ofc u can't automate this so figured I would be better served with at least 4 battery compartments.

I tried doing it the other way, using an ic2 ev transformer with an IV gt transformer, step up / down and that didn't seem to help either.