[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I read your post more carefully. You only need 3 lv hatches. Each one will take 2 amps of lv which is 32*6 = 192Eu/t. You actually only need 4 amps to get 128Eu/t but I'm pretty sure you can't fix the circuits needing soldering yet so you actually need 5 amps to cover the additional losses. So in the setup you should have 3 lv hatches. 2 hatches will consume 2 amps and 1 hatch will consume 1 amp.
but yeah, I did make a soldering iron and did fix all the problems. When I look at the ''''interface'''' of the ebf, I see running perfectly, no problems.

you can only run 2 amps per hatch tho correct? I've only got 2 batteries in each of the 4 hatches to ensure 2amps. also went off the 4 hatches based off the hqm quest that told you to use 4. So theoretically it's probably the turbines then that aren't giving enough power. I've already made 2 mv turbines and the hatch/battery box + 2 mv lithium batteries (which uses up all the lithium I had) so guess we'll see where the problem is after I replace all my lv going into the ebf.

Doing some searching on the post and trying to find best way to make oxygen. saw that distillery had a recipe that included input of 'air'. where do you get the 'air' or does the machine just pull it (doubt it lol). saw centrifuging glass and some other options.

Also, is there like a faq somewhere? I'm trying not to spam the post here but some of the information is pretty hard to narrow down. Like a best practices or something, how to get through the ages, best thing to do X etc?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
... processing array. Can it use different types of machines at once? Can you put in 8 of one and 8 of another? Also, when you say you can put 16 LV machines so you have to supply it with 512 Eu/t. Does that Eu/t have to come in the form of 16 LV packets or can it be 1 HV packet?
- Only 1 type of machine can be inserted in the Processing array at once (between 1-16 single machine block)
- You can supply it directly with HV if your using 16x LV machines
- The advantage of the Processing array is that it can hold up to 16 stack if you are using 1 HV Input Bus or higher and same goes for Output bus.
- You can also add to it Input/output Hatch. Which in turn make it somewhat of a universal machine.

Instead of having hundreds of machines (for example: 16 Macerators, 16 Ore Washer, 16 Centrifuges, etc...) lying arround, you can have those in Processing arrays which is much less demanding on the CPU and also take less space and finally, automate much more easily considering all the materials are being processed from one Input into 1 output.

Usually what you want to do is have more than just one processing array if you can afford it. Though if your poor like me in TungSteel, you'll swap the machines in your single Processing array :p

Reactions: targetingyou78

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
My problem was actually the turbines. I wasn't getting steam into them fast enough to keep up. I upgraded the steel liquid pipes to huge ones for the MV turbines and it's handling it perfectly now.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Going into Thaumcraft...
I hate Jayson!!!! I hate him! Arcane Pedestal need all basic apsects .... -_-

oh wait... I can use a leth do do it out of a normal Arcane Stone Block..
Love you ;)
That'd be my fault actually, I'm probably the one to blame for any annoying thaumcraft stuff.

The pedestal being so expensive was very deliberate, designed to encourage you to use the lathe instead.

I see Nether Stars are needed in order to build the Mark I Fusion Controller block, what method do you use to obtain those? The only method I was familiar with was using the Draconic Grinder which obviously isn't in this modpack, so is there any other way to automate, or am I just supposed to make the most powerful armor in the game (which armor would that be?) and kill Withers by hand to get Nether Stars? Just looking for ideas, tips, etc.
Importantly, while Hardcore Wither makes it impossible to automate and get harder each time, it also makes it compatible with Looting. Get a Looting III sword and two covetous coin rings and you could be getting several nether stars a kill with a bit of luck.

As I said before, I just tried to go furher into THaumcraft but as I see the pack got a lot of love since I played it last time and golems are far away from were I am... from what I saw from github, etc I won´t get to automize my farms with thaumcraft before I hit MV...
You need MV for a Chop Core yeah, and you need HV if you want a Use Core. They're not required, but they do make TC tree farms much easier.

Well, technically there is one other way, humanus infused crops from thaumic tinkerer drop a random golem core on harvest, and can be made pre-LV I think? You need infusion as the recipe gating. Downside is they're really, really slow. Probably faster than working your way through LV and MV to reach HV, but still hellishly slow.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I just finished my LV EBF, did it like the book said, 4 lv power hatches. each one hooked up to a 4 battery box with 2 batteries in them (only takes 2A right?) and behind each of those is 2 basic steam turbines which are having no trouble getting steam whatsoever. all at 240L constantly.

I put some alum dust in and let it go to work and was happy as hell, so put 30 dusts in and waited and noticed that one battery box was draining, so added 2 turbines to make it 4 to see if that would help and it slowed down the drain but didn't eliminate it. Am I racing a zero sum game here thinking I can actually keep up with lv to do this? What's the next obvious step?

It's a common problem, one I always run into as well. The main reason the batteries run down is because the EBF (and all GT multiblocks for that matter) has a mind of its own. You cannot tell it something like "Ok I have four equal power sources here for you, now please use them up evenly." Nope. It won't do that. It might decide it likes one Energy Hatch better than another one, and drain that one right down to nothing... even tho right next to that Energy Hatch is another Energy Hatch with FULL batteries.

You cannot really predict, or control, which of the Energy Hatches a GT multiblock will pull its power from. Because it will not use all energy inputs equally, this means batteries will sometimes run down when you think you have enough power to the machine. So just watch the EBF closely, and swap batteries around manually between the Buffer Boxes so the power levels stay acceptable in all the boxes. You basically have to "equal out the power" yourself, by hand, during the early stage of EBF usage.

SOLUTION: The best solution for all GT power devices is... do NOT give it multiple power sources to choose from! The best, and most predictable way to run GT machines is to only provide one power input to the machine. Then it can't pick and choose at random and cause you power problems.

Now of course... the first time you run the EBF it is not possible to only give it one power source. You need multiple. So... run it that way until you have enough MV materials to make a proper MV Energy Hatch as other people have said. Then you'll have one power input to the machine, and your problems will be solved.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Now of course... the first time you run the EBF it is not possible to only give it one power source. You need multiple. So... run it that way until you have enough MV materials to make a proper MV Energy Hatch as other people have said. Then you'll have one power input to the machine, and your problems will be solved.
Actually, a simple and easy way is to make a 9-slot LV Battery buffer with 5 or more battery (depending on what kind of battery you are using) inside it and plug it on a Cable that can withstand the AMP. The 3 LV Energy hatch simply need to be all on the same side of the EBF and the battery buffer need to be connecting to the center wire. That way, the power lost is at it's minimum and you can power the EBF without problem before reachng MV.I'll put up a picture in a few minutes.

Edit: Here are some pictures. I voluntarely left out the burned out circuitry to show that it still work. I went with 6 battery out of an habit but it should world with 5.

Attachments

• 2017-01-22_22.27.38.png
    2017-01-22_22.27.38.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 2017-01-22_22.28.14.png
    2017-01-22_22.28.14.png
    492 KB · Views: 42
  • 2017-01-22_22.29.41.png
    2017-01-22_22.29.41.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 2017-01-22_22.33.25.png
    2017-01-22_22.33.25.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Actually, a simple and easy way is to make a 9-slot LV Battery buffer with 5 or more battery (depending on what kind of battery you are using) inside it and plug it on a Cable that can withstand the AMP. The 3 LV Energy hatch simply need to be all on the same side of the EBF and the battery buffer need to be connecting to the center wire. That way, the power lost is at it's minimum and you can power the EBF without problem before reachng MV.I'll put up a picture in a few minutes.

Edit: Here are some pictures. I voluntarely left out the burned out circuitry to show that it still work. I went with 6 battery out of an habit but it should world with 5.
so I get what you did but am confused. so you have 6 batteries, 1A per. cable is going to have 6 amps but the hatches only take 2 per. Considering GT, my assumption would be that they were all getting 6A not 2A * 3. what is wrong with my thinking?

my MV hatch + 2 MV steam turbines is purring along like a kitten tho as soon as I made better fluid conduits.

As far as gt faqs, etc that I had mentioned earlier. I had been looking at the ftb page but was finding alot of stf missing which is why I asked about faqs, till I realized just now that there's a section at the bottom for the unofficial bit which fills in (some of) the gaps that are missing from the main page.

From a newb perspective, my biggest problem is the drilling down to find out you need X, but to make X you need Y, and trying to find out through NEI how to make Y and seeing a alloy smelter sheet of 200+ pages you need to scroll through to see which one is the actual combine a + b to get Y, then find there isn't one, and you end up looking at each and every section and every page and it gets tiresome after a while. After you've played gt for a bit, you don't run into that situation. my latest example of this was looking up polyethylene for making mv chassis in assembler.

another gripe is duplication of function for some machines. if I want a plate, I can use hammer, extruder, bender, all do same thing for that particular thing, but yeah, don't through wrought iron into an extruder unless you just want iron plates, so use the bender all the time? Or extruder vs wire mill for wires? I saw mention of getting 4 wires per ingot but that's not what I'm seeing. I get 2 either way I go. dunno if that's a higher tier machine you get more output or not, but it gets a bit confusing. lol

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be my fault actually, I'm probably the one to blame for any annoying thaumcraft stuff.

The pedestal being so expensive was very deliberate, designed to encourage you to use the lathe instead.

You need MV for a Chop Core yeah, and you need HV if you want a Use Core. They're not required, but they do make TC tree farms much easier.

Well, technically there is one other way, humanus infused crops from thaumic tinkerer drop a random golem core on harvest, and can be made pre-LV I think? You need infusion as the recipe gating. Downside is they're really, really slow. Probably faster than working your way through LV and MV to reach HV, but still hellishly slow.

Yes it is your fault... Your name is all over the Github :p But I forgive you.

I hoped taht I can get into TC earlyier but since I will not, I gonna have to focus on GT. This is ok. Now my question is about the design of GT.
Am I supposed to start automatizing anything in LV? Or shall I do everything manual until I reach MV/HV.
To be honest for the moment there is not much that I could automize aside from charcoal and ore processing. Where Ore Processing is based on manual minging for specific ores, so this is not to important as well...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is your fault... Your name is all over the Github :p But I forgive you.

I hoped taht I can get into TC earlyier but since I will not, I gonna have to focus on GT. This is ok. Now my question is about the design of GT.
Am I supposed to start automatizing anything in LV? Or shall I do everything manual until I reach MV/HV.
To be honest for the moment there is not much that I could automize aside from charcoal and ore processing. Where Ore Processing is based on manual minging for specific ores, so this is not to important as well...

I still do everything manually. LOL But that's just me. You can certainly start automating in LV, however the problem is that items like the "Conveyor" which can be used as a "cover" and placed on the side of a GT machine to allow item output or item input to/from other GT machines touching that side, the LV version of it only moves one stack every 20 seconds. MV will move items quicker, HV conveyor even quicker still, etc. So while you can indeed begin to automate processes in LV, it will be slow. Once you can make Ender IO Item conduits with speed upgrades, then your item flow is fast enough but your LV machines will still be slower than the conduits.

I'm still doing almost everything manually, and I've gotten up to EV and even IV power tiers now. But that's just me and my play style. In this modpack I don't mind setting up a customized processing line just for one specific ore, and then breaking it all down when I've processed all those ores. Then I go mine something else, and set up a different processing for it. Someday I do hope to have a line permanently in-place for ALL the ores that could arrive from my Advanced Miner II, but that's still down the road somewhere. All it really takes is a lot of machines, and a lot of power.

Reactions: Dentvar

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
so I get what you did but am confused. so you have 6 batteries, 1A per. cable is going to have 6 amps but the hatches only take 2 per. Considering GT, my assumption would be that they were all getting 6A not 2A * 3. what is wrong with my thinking?
I'm going to give a blunt explanation because I don't know how to explain it better :p

My understanding is that considering the energy hatch can only accept 2A, the remaining 4A are being redirected to the next Energy hatch along with the lost EU per meter. Unless I'm mistaken, in older GT version, that would of blown up the hatch (I could be wrong and thinking of something else) but with GT5 Unofficial, the cable act as a buffer and only send the required power assuming it is receiving enough.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to give a blunt explanation because I don't know how to explain it better :p

My understanding is that considering the energy hatch can only accept 2A, the remaining 4A are being redirected to the next Energy hatch along with the lost EU per meter. Unless I'm mistaken, in older GT version, that would of blown up the hatch (I could be wrong and thinking of something else) but with GT5 Unofficial, the cable act as a buffer and only send the required power assuming it is receiving enough.

Yeah I think that's wrong, because machines can only "pull" amps, or "request" amps. Amps are not "pushed" down a power cable.

If you have 3 energy hatches each capable of "requesting" 2 amps, then you need to use 8x cable, that's the only requirement I think.... because if all 3 Energy Hatches "request" their full 2 amp load, then an attached Battery Buffer Box will "send out" 6 amps total. This would burn up a 4x cable, so the next higher version of cable is required, which I think would be 8x cable. This applies no matter if the Battery Buffer Box has 9 batteries or is even a 16-battery version. It won't just see 16 batteries in the box and "push" out 16 amps, that's not how GT electricity works.

What I did to do my first EBF run to make aluminium ingots was to use only two LV Hatches, and I avoided using GT power cables entirely. Each Energy Hatch can supply 2 amps of LV to the EBF, which is 2 hatches x 2 amps x 32 EU/t, or 128 EU/t total. Each hatch gets a 4-battery LV Buffer Box adjacent to it, and you only need to put 2 batteries into each one (for a 2 amp output from each Buffer Box). Then attach 3 LV turbines pointing into each Buffer Box (6 Turbines total). Not 2 Turbines, but rather 3, with the third Turbine only there to cover the power loss that occurs as power goes thru devices such as Buffer Boxes. You could probably get away with only 2 Turbines at each Buffer Box, but then you'd have to watch the machine and swap out the depleted batteries for full ones, just have a bunch of spares handy.

As said earlier, you only need to do this to make your first 9 Aluminium ingots I think, because that gives you enough to make a MV Energy Hatch. At that point, your biggest problem won't be your Energy Hatch, it will be your ability to make MV power at a rate that keeps the EBF going for extended periods. But over time, as you keep progressing, even that problem will eventually go away thanks to upgrading your power generation, I ran my EBF off of a biogas production line which kept my steam available for all my other stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah I think that's wrong, because machines can only "pull" amps, or "request" amps. Amps are not "pushed" down a power cable.
Yah, I think your right on this. Well at least, if your not, it make much more sense than what I said :oops:.

T

targetingyou78

I still do everything manually. LOL But that's just me. You can certainly start automating in LV, however the problem is that items like the "Conveyor" which can be used as a "cover" and placed on the side of a GT machine to allow item output or item input to/from other GT machines touching that side, the LV version of it only moves one stack every 20 seconds. MV will move items quicker, HV conveyor even quicker still, etc. So while you can indeed begin to automate processes in LV, it will be slow. Once you can make Ender IO Item conduits with speed upgrades, then your item flow is fast enough but your LV machines will still be slower than the conduits.

I'm still doing almost everything manually, and I've gotten up to EV and even IV power tiers now. But that's just me and my play style. In this modpack I don't mind setting up a customized processing line just for one specific ore, and then breaking it all down when I've processed all those ores. Then I go mine something else, and set up a different processing for it. Someday I do hope to have a line permanently in-place for ALL the ores that could arrive from my Advanced Miner II, but that's still down the road somewhere. All it really takes is a lot of machines, and a lot of power.
Don't be dismayed by this "caveman". :p You can start automating things immediately in the lv age. I would suggest using item conduits over the gregtech pipes though. You won't get a full AE system that will automate everything under the sun until much much later but I started automating things as soon as I could make fluid / item conduits. Also, it took me until the HV/EV age to start using gregtech covers because they intimidated me. Don't be like me... Or asb3pe for that matter. :p I LOVE the pump covers now :)

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
So basicly don´t be like you... Got it :p

I will try the GT convers. I wish the robot arms would work like in Factorio... this would be awsome.

What Age is Steve Cart Wood farm? Not yet at home... because what I need most is not having to go chop trees manualy each time I run out of energy in my Blast Furnace... (bronze)

Setting up a Tree farm feeding into some Coke Cole Furnaces would be a dream. I don´t want anything more then this :(

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I really would love to see conveyors instead of item pipes. I know Greg will never do this due to performance junk though.

Does anybody know how conveyor covers work with immersive engineering conveyors? I would assume they work similar to hoppers. Item pipes just don't have the same industrial feel, especially because they look identical to fluid pipes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I will try the GT convers. I wish the robot arms would work like in Factorio... this would be awsome.

What Age is Steve Cart Wood farm? Not yet at home... because what I need most is not having to go chop trees manualy each time I run out of energy in my Blast Furnace... (bronze)

Setting up a Tree farm feeding into some Coke Cole Furnaces would be a dream. I don´t want anything more then this :(

I was able to do a Steve's Cart fairly easily (EDIT BELOW), altho I did it so long ago I forget what some of my issues were. Naturally I couldn't do the Galgadorian stuff, but even with the lower-tier items in my Steve's Cart, I was using about 2 diamonds per day in it, so be prepared for that.

You might have problems making track, your best bet is search for Abandoned Mineshafts and collect all the tracks from those. Saves on valuable early-game materials.

The Basic Wood Cutter thing itself is the most difficult item, you can look at the recipe and see what you'll need, probably just a lot of coal to make into the required Industrial Diamonds, and then as I say, I was running my cart all day long every day and I was using 2-3 diamonds per day to keep repairing the Wood Cutter. If that's too many for you to deal with, if you're real short on diamond ores or can't find any, then you could also consider the Ender IO farming station. But that requires power to run, and it also requires axes which get used up pretty darn quickly. I made a Redstone Flux axe and that never breaks, but you're probably not at that stage of the game yet to make Redstone Flux ingots. I'd def recommend Steve's Carts, it supplied all my wood needs for about 2 months straight before I finally went to the Ender IO Farming Station (which is way quicker and generates more logs much quicker than Steve's Carts did).

EDIT: I see you need 5 saw blades for the Basic Wood Cutter, and each of those requires 2 stainless steel plates... so if you're not capable of making Stainless Steel yet, then I guess you can forget everything I just typed. sigh You'll need Manganese, Chrome, and an EBF, but the lowest tier EBF coils can make Stainless steel. In my world, I could not find Manganese for the longest time, but I just kept digging until I found some. Like you, making the Steve's Cart to automate my wood production was a big priority, it really frees up your time (and saves wasting materials on axes).

ALSO: I'd highly recommend the Pyrolyze Oven, it really works wonderfully and was designed to replace the previous charcoal method of having numerous coke ovens running. In a previous play-thru of this modpack I had something crazy like 200 Coke Ovens. No longer. All that was EASILY replaced by just ONE pyrolyze oven. It's that good, and that quick, at making charcoal.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

so I get what you did but am confused. so you have 6 batteries, 1A per. cable is going to have 6 amps but the hatches only take 2 per. Considering GT, my assumption would be that they were all getting 6A not 2A * 3. what is wrong with my thinking? -crop-

another gripe is duplication of function for some machines. if I want a plate, I can use hammer, extruder, bender, all do same thing for that particular thing, but yeah, don't through wrought iron into an extruder unless you just want iron plates, so use the bender all the time? Or extruder vs wire mill for wires? I saw mention of getting 4 wires per ingot but that's not what I'm seeing. I get 2 either way I go. dunno if that's a higher tier machine you get more output or not, but it gets a bit confusing. lol
All normal machines, be they single block ones or energy hatches can request at most two amps from the energy network they are connected to. They don't really care if there is a cable that can supply 64 amps next to them or not, all they care about is those, at maximum, two amps. There are some exceptions to the two amp request rule, but you can easily tell those as their recipes have 3A or the like in them...

I think what the reference of 4 was four times the wires per ingot or something, which is correct... Normal progression in Gregtech might look like this:
Hammer & Cutter tech: 2 Ingots > 1 Plates > 1 Wire
Plate Bender & Cutter tech: 2 Ingots > 2 Plates > 2 Wires
Wiremill tech: 2 Ingots > 4 Wires
This makes you get four times the wires per resource input... it's just that sometimes people just forget to mention that they are talking about the tech comparison, rather than raw output from available ingots :)

Reactions: DoomSquirter
T

targetingyou78

Power is like money. If you desire more, you'll never be satisfied! Once, all I wanted was to have an automated tree farm.... Now all I want is to have a completely automated Diesel Engine (which generates over 6k Eu/t) and by the time I realize that goal I'll be telling myself all I want is a fusion reactor. :p

I was able to do a Steve's Cart fairly easily (EDIT BELOW), altho I did it so long ago I forget what some of my issues were. Naturally I couldn't do the Galgadorian stuff, but even with the lower-tier items in my Steve's Cart, I was using about 2 diamonds per day in it, so be prepared for that.

You might have problems making track, your best bet is search for Abandoned Mineshafts and collect all the tracks from those. Saves on valuable early-game materials.

The Basic Wood Cutter thing itself is the most difficult item, you can look at the recipe and see what you'll need, probably just a lot of coal to make into the required Industrial Diamonds, and then as I say, I was running my cart all day long every day and I was using 2-3 diamonds per day to keep repairing the Wood Cutter. If that's too many for you to deal with, if you're real short on diamond ores or can't find any, then you could also consider the Ender IO farming station. But that requires power to run, and it also requires axes which get used up pretty darn quickly. I made a Redstone Flux axe and that never breaks, but you're probably not at that stage of the game yet to make Redstone Flux ingots. I'd def recommend Steve's Carts, it supplied all my wood needs for about 2 months straight before I finally went to the Ender IO Farming Station (which is way quicker and generates more logs much quicker than Steve's Carts did).

EDIT: I see you need 5 saw blades for the Basic Wood Cutter, and each of those requires 2 stainless steel plates... so if you're not capable of making Stainless Steel yet, then I guess you can forget everything I just typed. sigh You'll need Manganese, Chrome, and an EBF, but the lowest tier EBF coils can make Stainless steel. In my world, I could not find Manganese for the longest time, but I just kept digging until I found some. Like you, making the Steve's Cart to automate my wood production was a big priority, it really frees up your time (and saves wasting materials on axes).

ALSO: I'd highly recommend the Pyrolyze Oven, it really works wonderfully and was designed to replace the previous charcoal method of having numerous coke ovens running. In a previous play-thru of this modpack I had something crazy like 200 Coke Ovens. No longer. All that was EASILY replaced by just ONE pyrolyze oven. It's that good, and that quick, at making charcoal.
I don't think he is ready to build a Pyrolyze Oven, it's locked behind second tier heating coils. Stop tormenting the boy :p Seriously though, if you haven't been using the charcoal pit you really should look into it. :)

U

UltimateEnforcer

Setting up a Tree farm feeding into some Coke Cole Furnaces would be a dream. I don´t want anything more then this

You could make the enderIO farmingstation, which requires an mv assembling machine and an mv fluid extractor as the only mv machines I think. It needs axes to chop wood, though with a cobble generator, some autocrafting tables, and an enderIO combustion generator, you can fully automate it quite easely.

A

Alven4

Is there any renewable source of Radio essentia besides rare earth and mana beans?