FTB Presents Skyfactory 3 Single Grass Block Start Question!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Is there a way to turn on the Pebble feature from Garden of Glass in this map in Skyfactory 3? Simple Question and to the point. Any help will be wonderful.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't already when you create a new world go to the World Type and select Garden of Glass instead of Default

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
No I know that. Let me be more detailed. When you start a new world on Void world spawning option there is a Customize option and under that there are 4 world types. One of these is a type that is a single grass block and nothing else. I want to be able to set the Garden of glass option in this world to on so I can play through like that with no starter tree.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
How would you progress without wood though, can't even make a sieve with just a single block of grass. Unless I'm missing something here?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
well I have been thinking about that and having cobble means you can make a mob spawning platform. Stone barrels will allow dirt production, string, and loot bags. :) (loot bags have a chance to drop saplings.)

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's is true! Didn't think about that. How to smelt the stone though? Understandable to getting a furnace but would you have to wait for a witch to drop before you can get a barrel?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
No I know that. Let me be more detailed. When you start a new world on Void world spawning option there is a Customize option and under that there are 4 world types. One of these is a type that is a single grass block and nothing else. I want to be able to set the Garden of glass option in this world to on so I can play through like that with no starter tree.
Well you can go to creative mode and break everything apart from one grass block

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well you can go to creative mode and break everything apart from one grass block
Yeah I thought of that but some of the recipes are different I believe when it come to Botania. Also that about switch the grass block for a cobble generator from Tiny Progression like the tier one.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah that's is true! Didn't think about that. How to smelt the stone though? Understandable to getting a furnace but would you have to wait for a witch to drop before you can get a barrel?
I'll have to log on and look at the recipe for all the burn ale items and what is drop in loot bags.

Note: From the recipes for fuel I can use Bone Crooks as fuel until I get some loot bags. Then all the banners are burnable and hopefully it will not take long to get a sappling. I'm going to try a test run with just a cobble gen instead of the grass block until I see if there is a way to turn on pebbles.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Can you not just start a Grass Block world, save that game, start a new GoG seed, save that game, then simply overwrite the GoG world file with the Grass Block world? I'm not familiar with GoG, so this is based off what I did to copy a SSP world into our server for group play. Same concept, no?

Edit;. If the spawn points aren't the same between worlds, you may have to fly around in Creative to find the Grass Block and set your world spawn there. Be prepared for a potential fall into the void.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Can you not just start a Grass Block world, save that game, start a new GoG seed, save that game, then simply overwrite the GoG world file with the Grass Block world? I'm not familiar with GoG, so this is based off what I did to copy a SSP world into our server for group play. Same concept, no?

Edit;. If the spawn points aren't the same between worlds, you may have to fly around in Creative to find the Grass Block and set your world spawn there. Be prepared for a potential fall into the void.
Ether I'm doing that wrong or it doesn't work. which files do I copy over.