[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a "techy" way to light up a large area? I can make arcane lamps, but they just don't mesh with my clean modern nuclear power plant.

Ender IO has lamps that say they light up a large area, in fact I've been working on Ender IO all day and that's partly the reason why. Sick of working in the dark all the time with the bats. LOL Haven't made any yet tho to try em.

Since I'm on the subject... have any of you used a Power Spawner to obtain gold nuggets from Zombie Pigmen? Is that a viable option for a small but steady gold source? It's one I never considered until today, but not sure how to obtain enough mob heads to make enough Nutrient Distill to run the Killer Joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: targetingyou78

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a "techy" way to light up a large area? I can make arcane lamps, but they just don't mesh with my clean modern nuclear power plant.
As stated, ended io is probably your best bet. I personally just used a magnum torch, with the cheap enderio lights where I want light as I like mood lighting on occasion. Ztones had some nice lamps too, again cheap and somewhat modern if not a bit clunky.

Pig man spammers are very useful for gold. Throw in an octactic capacitor and you'll have 1000+ gold in no time. Nutrient distillation is easy to get. There's a lot of different items that can be used to make them. I think I used zombie brains and nether wart, both from farms/ mob farm. I actually added cursed earth under the spawner to get other mobdrops for scrap and to fully utilize the killer joe.

Forgot to mention you can paint any block as glowstone using enderio. Effectively creating a lamp from any texture. But not exactly a flood light type lighting

H

Herrminator1994

Ender IO has lamps that say they light up a large area, in fact I've been working on Ender IO all day and that's partly the reason why. Sick of working in the dark all the time with the bats. LOL Haven't made any yet tho to try em.

Since I'm on the subject... have any of you used a Power Spawner to obtain gold nuggets from Zombie Pigmen? Is that a viable option for a small but steady gold source? It's one I never considered until today, but not sure how to obtain enough mob heads to make enough Nutrient Distill to run the Killer Joe.
I prefer the diamond spike to the killer joe.

C

ColdComfort

Just wanted to ask if there'd been a change to terrain generation in the Asteroid dimension? When I first visited a few months back, there was ore everywhere, but now as I explore further out, there's abruptly almost nothing. Even most of the GC asteroids are barren. Is this intentional?

Did you actually have luck with this? I've tried this 3 times with Infitech, and I've never really gotten it to work satisfactorily. Its like a (very) poor man's arcane bore in theory though.

I forget what my issues were. Keeping it fed with charcoal maybe (its hungry)

I used 4x mining bores. Once you know where the edge of a vein is, you just set them to run next to eachother, and they dig up a huge area in a straight line. Very handy early on vs. doing manual work, IMO.

U

UNG_God

I've been bee breeding for a bit, and am currently trying to get a lapis bee (imperial + demonic). No matter what I try, the mutation just won't happen. I added lapis blocks, lapis ore near the hive. Out of frustration I cheated in the other lapis ore as well, to check if that did anything. Is there some secret to this mutation?

i believe most of the advanced breeds are only obtainable via the gendustry mod, as stated i "believe".

Is there a "techy" way to light up a large area?

i believe galacticraft arc lamp is the biggest one. but if you want something to light up and dont in your way, just get some gaseous glowstone from thaumic thinkerer.

I used 4x mining bores.

indeed, i used 3 to work at that time... until i discover i could make stick dynamite.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've been bee breeding for a bit, and am currently trying to get a lapis bee (imperial + demonic). No matter what I try, the mutation just won't happen. I added lapis blocks, lapis ore near the hive. Out of frustration I cheated in the other lapis ore as well, to check if that did anything. Is there some secret to this mutation?

The lapis block has to be underneath the apiary. I also put them about around the apiary. Lapis (spirit and clay) took the longest for me to get for some reason. They are attainable without genindustry.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft adds a kerosene lamp which can light up a really big area but it uses kerosene. (and it has redstone control)

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

I tried two once but failed utterly for reasons I can't recall.

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of stick dynamite? I've never used it before.
Besides being cheap? Well, it isn't as explosive as the block type explosives, so fewer blocks get destroyed instead of mined...

U

UNG_God

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of stick dynamite? I've never used it before.

simple, you mine 2 blocks ahead, toss it and a 3x3 area is cleared! That is a simple thing gt6 has that i would love, on gt6 there a tool to insert things (rods/dynamite) on block, one with a deep, so i could place the dynamite direct on the center and have that 27 blocks harvest without using my pickaxe.

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna call BS on "The Ender" sword from EnderIO whose tooltip states "increased skull drops". I just went thru one whole sword, killing probably 300-400 Endermen with ZERO head drops.

I read elsewhere that putting Looting III on the sword will increase head drops, so at least I earned enough XP to do so (it takes 40 XP levels to make a spellbook).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm gonna call BS on "The Ender" sword from EnderIO whose tooltip states "increased skull drops". I just went thru one whole sword, killing probably 300-400 Endermen with ZERO head drops.

I read elsewhere that putting Looting III on the sword will increase head drops, so at least I earned enough XP to do so (it takes 40 XP levels to make a spellbook).
Looting 3 is amazing. On a non-ender sword, its still way better at getting ender pearls.

I just read that The Ender (when powered) hampers their ability to teleport. I didn't know that. I also didn't know you could power the ender.

C

codewarrior0

The Ender needs to be powered to get the additional heads, both from the sword's base chance and from the Looting enchantments. Without power, the Looting enchantments only add the base Vanilla increase to skull drops.

C

codewarrior0

where'd you find this info?

I'm glad you asked! Here we have the function that computes the chance of dropping an (extra) skull on each kill. First, it checks if you killed a Wither Skeleton; if the sword is not powered, it returns zero, else it returns the values from the mod config. Next, it checks if the sword is powered; if so, it returns values from the mod config for the Ender's improved drop chances; otherwise, returns the value for the base Vanilla drop chance increase from the Looting enchantment. So with no power, and no Looting, there are no extra heads.

I'm not certain, but it looks like for Zombies and plain Skeletons, this head-dropping is an additional roll on top of the base Vanilla chance for the monster to drop a head. So with the Ender, you might have a chance to get two heads from killing a Zombie.

Reactions: targetingyou78

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm glad you asked! Here we have the function that computes the chance of dropping an (extra) skull on each kill. First, it checks if you killed a Wither Skeleton; if the sword is not powered, it returns zero, else it returns the values from the mod config. Next, it checks if the sword is powered; if so, it returns values from the mod config for the Ender's improved drop chances; otherwise, returns the value for the base Vanilla drop chance increase from the Looting enchantment. So with no power, and no Looting, there are no extra heads.
neat, you're right.

(some of this code offends my gods. There are magic numbers where I'd use enums. But maybe I'm just being bitchy because I've been doing code reviews all day.)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Offer them the 1.10 version of this code to appease them. It's much nicer, and doesn't seem to have the two-headed zombie thing going on.
hah much better. Although I find it curious that we return 0.01 instead of 0 now. In case some foolishly-coded caller divides by this I'm guessing.

two-headed zombies are fine. I can pretend zombieA died, and zombieB picked up A's head to use as a weapon.