[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I'm going to need 4 large HP steam turbines and 4 large steam turbines to keep up with a single large heat exchanger running at minimum flow for full efficiency.
I though the same until someone posted about how good fluxed electrum are for a turbine material. Basically cut my expected number of turbines in half. Would love to see your setup if you don't mind once you're finished, I haven't seen many LHE setup photos.

H

Herrminator1994

The numbers I've seen suggest 4 large HP turbines with large fluxed electrum turbines will burn enough steam to keep a LHE running in the superheated range.

T

targetingyou78

Just got to the point where I can consider building the LHE. I don't fully understand it's functionality. Do / Should I build this to continue?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: resolved

Also, I wasn't gonna post my other question but since I'm here... can the Oxygen Input Hatch for the Large Diesel Engine go on the top, next to the Muffler? Or does it have to be located on the sides?

C

codewarrior0

Im building my Large Diesel Engine and 3 Input Hatches isn't working, I get "Incomplete Structure" and I think that's why. But don't I need 3 Inputs? One for Nitro-Diesel, one for Oxygen, and one for Lubricant?

Also, I wasn't gonna post my other question but since I'm here... can the Oxygen Input Hatch go on the top, next to the Muffler?

The hatches can't go on the corners or the edges of the structure. There are only seven places where a hatch can go - and there's nothing wrong with just putting seven hatches on the thing to save some Titanium.

If that's not the problem, it might be that there's something in front of the engine. There has to be only air in front of the controller and engine intake blocks.

H

Herrminator1994

Just got to the point where I can consider building the LHE. I don't fully understand it's functionality. Do / Should I build this to continue?
Large heat exchanger makes steam from lava or IC2 hot coolant. You will likely want to run it hard enough to get superheated steam, and I believe the threshold for that is 160000 liters of superheated steam per second with hot coolant or 80000 liters of steam per second with lava. It's a thirsty machine, drinking a drum of lava in a couple of minutes at full capacity, driving a good-sized cluster of turbines.
The LHE is a powerhouse. I calculate with large HSS-S turbines, it will run 4 large HP steam turbines and 4 HP steam turbines, generating a steady 2 amps of IV power or more. Both the LHE and the turbines have spool-up times, so it works best if run constantly.
I'm currently in design phase of a reactor containment building, heat exchanger, and turbine hall. It's an expensive set of machines: you will need near 1000 titanium I calculate.

T

targetingyou78

Large heat exchanger makes steam from lava or IC2 hot coolant. You will likely want to run it hard enough to get superheated steam, and I believe the threshold for that is 160000 liters of superheated steam per second with hot coolant or 80000 liters of steam per second with lava. It's a thirsty machine, drinking a drum of lava in a couple of minutes at full capacity, driving a good-sized cluster of turbines.
The LHE is a powerhouse. I calculate with large HSS-S turbines, it will run 4 large HP steam turbines and 4 HP steam turbines, generating a steady 2 amps of IV power or more. Both the LHE and the turbines have spool-up times, so it works best if run constantly.
I'm currently in design phase of a reactor containment building, heat exchanger, and turbine hall. It's an expensive set of machines: you will need near 1000 titanium I calculate.
I would love to see pictures or a video of that when you are done.

H

Herrminator1994

Well I was wrong about one thing, I am not ready to devote a 1000 titanium to anything. I'm sitting at a nice 30 or so titanium. xD
Once you get up to 300-400 titanium, the diesel engine is a pretty solid investment. Roughly 3 amps of EV power if you can feed it oxygen.

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Well I was wrong about one thing, I am not ready to devote a 1000 titanium to anything. I'm sitting at a nice 30 or so titanium. xD
Forgot about this too: The HP steam turbines will set you back about half a stack of tungstensteel each.

T

targetingyou78

Once you get up to 300-400 titanium, the diesel engine is a pretty solid investment. Roughly 3 amps of EV power if you can feed it oxygen.
Oh I see, Ok so the LHE is not next on my list. Seems like the next step is the diesel engine.

H

Herrminator1994

Oh I see, Ok so the LHE is not next on my list. Seems like the next step is the diesel engine.
That's what I did, engine first so I have robust power gen, now getting the 800-1000 titanium I need for my reactor complex

U

UNG_God

It shouldn't be possible to get free power from air and water unless you're doing nuclear fusion. (Or growing plants. You know, solar power.)

100% agree. We don't make rocket fuel (irl) as an energy-generation mechanism: we make it because of its high(ish) fuel density. It costs more energy to make than it ultimately generates.

i really dont know why you two are so picky on it, we have other methods that way more unbalanced that this, i found it interesting, on the case on konceptum, the modpack he is playing have only gt and ic2, so he dont have access to other forms of power gen or utilities . You even said it, solar is way more simple. I only see that as a step in power gen, since it dont provide that much power.

all energy source irl produce less energy than what is used to make, just that most of it consume a high free energy that most people can harvest yet (sunlight).

fusion is cool and stuff... but it is so far away and cost so much, that most people will not get that far. fusion is like saying that after you turn 100, you can eat at any restaurant and dont need to pay, it is great , but most people dont get that far.

LHE is just something that uses the ic2 fluid reactor, it most of time is used to convert hot coolant in super heated steam, that run hp turbine and have a leftover to run steam turbine. You can use lava but should be a problem to get that much to run non stop , unless you are like blood aspen and have high effective bees to produce enough lava for it.

here is one example of the LHE setup.

http://imgur.com/a/h8n8t

Last edited:
Reactions: targetingyou78

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

It is def awesome, I filled four of the 100 million EU Lapotron Orbs (IV level battery) in less than an hour and it only used around 1 million mb of Nitro-Diesel out of my full railcraft steel tank (which holds 20 times that much). It's an absolute game-changer for me since I've been running everything off of my tree farm (for steam) and my wheat fields (for biogas) up until this point and didn't get past HV era using those fuels. Suddenly, thanks to the Large Diesel Engine and my four-battery IV Buffer Box, I literally jumped to one amp of LuV-level power (for short bursts, if needed... or, converting the other way, 6144 EU/t is 3 amps of EV or 12 amps of HV). :D

Reactions: targetingyou78

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Related to my last post, I discovered the recipe for Lapotron Crystals that uses a Flawless Blue Sapphire and quarried a vein to take advantage of that recipe. Very handy indeed.

But now I'm wondering what to do with all the non-useful products of the Sifting Machine? I turn all Exquisite gems into Flawless, and I macerate all Flawed and Chipped gems into dusts. But should I even do the same with all the regular, normal sapphire gems which don't seem to have any use?

Just in general... is it safe to say we can macerate almost all gems down into their dusts (then centrifuge for component materials), or should I be saving all my gems for some unknown purpose? How do some of you veteran players handle gems? Which are the "very important" gems like Flawless Blue Sapphire which can make key items like Lapotron Crystals? Which gems should I make a note to keep intact?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Related to my last post, I discovered the recipe for Lapotron Crystals that uses a Flawless Blue Sapphire and quarried a vein to take advantage of that recipe. Very handy indeed.

But now I'm wondering what to do with all the non-useful products of the Sifting Machine? I turn all Exquisite gems into Flawless, and I macerate all Flawed and Chipped gems into dusts. But should I even do the same with all the regular, normal sapphire gems which don't seem to have any use?

Just in general... is it safe to say we can macerate almost all gems down into their dusts (then centrifuge for component materials), or should I be saving all my gems for some unknown purpose? How do some of you veteran players handle gems? Which are the "very important" gems like Flawless Blue Sapphire which can make key items like Lapotron Crystals? Which gems should I make a note to keep intact?
I don't consider Flawless blue sapphire important considering i have 8192 Olivine (thanks Crops o.-)