[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you have tech enough just make those automaintenance blocks, to protect processes that you don't want to lose progression on ;)

Whoa, what? (checks NEI) Alrighty then! :D

Second question, for anybody to answer... my Oil Drilling Rig began pumping Heavy Oil at 704 mb/cycle, and it's now down to 480 mb/cycle. If it's your well, when do you stop, pick it up and move somewhere else? At what mb/cycle? I've filled half of a Bedrockium Drum from my very first oil well so far, 30 million mb. Pretty amazing, it will take me months, not weeks, to process it all... so there's really no hurry to move the Rig. And running it around the clock helps me to use up all this stuff I've been making like LPG and Toluene. Perhaps there truly isn't too much of a good thing, but my gosh I dunno where to put it all anymore. LOL

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Whoa, what? (checks NEI) Alrighty then! :D

Second question, for anybody to answer... my Oil Drilling Rig began pumping Heavy Oil at 704 mb/cycle, and it's now down to 480 mb/cycle. If it's your well, when do you stop, pick it up and move somewhere else? At what mb/cycle? I've filled half of a Bedrockium Drum from my very first oil well so far, 30 million mb. Pretty amazing, it will take me months, not weeks, to process it all... so there's really no hurry to move the Rig. And running it around the clock helps me to use up all this stuff I've been making like LPG and Toluene. Perhaps there truly isn't too much of a good thing, but my gosh I dunno where to put it all anymore. LOL
Well, due to how you take up fuel after you have halved the starting value per cycle you have taken up 2/3 of the total amount of fluid.
704L ~ 248*10^6 L
480L ~ 115*10^6 L
So, it's up to you... you have a 6x6 chunks with the same starting amount as the one your rig is in now :D

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to power the IC2 Teleporter?

- It doesn't seem to accept GT EU directly.
- GT Cable won't connect to this specific IC2 block.
- I tried converting air pressure to IC2 EU but doesn't seem to work.
- MFSU are disabled.

From memory, this block also take a lot of energy which would required the use of MFSU back in the days.

Edit: Never mind, i just noticed it a required material to craft the Short-range Ender IO Telepad.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
GT Cable -> GT Transformer (maybe) -> IC2 Transformer -> IC2 Teleporter
Tried it, didn't work.

As i said in my Edit, i'm pretty sure it only serve as a recipe component for the Short-range Telepad. Please refer to my post on page 717.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny error in Nei Text.

- Reactoria Seed bag state it drop Reactoria Leaf (correct) and Tiny Pile of uraninite dust (have ye to see it but haven't harvested many yet.) I also received "Uraninite leaf" from them.

T

targetingyou78

Ten processing arrays containing sixteen LV Ore Washing Plants, thirty-two LV Centrifuges, sixteen LV Sifting Machines, ten LV Thermal Centrifuges, thirteen LV Compressors making Compressed Air, fourteen LV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Oxide, fourteen MV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Acid, sixteen Chemical Baths bathing specific ores in Mercury to extract Gold and Platinum, and sixteen additional LV Centrifuges dedicated to spinning the mercury out of Redstone and Cinnabar Dusts. Additionally, eight HV Pulverizers, one LV Chemical Reactor processing Platinum Sludge-bearing ores, eight LV Electrolyzers processing the resulting Vitriol, three LV Chemical Reactors producing Sodium Persulfate, five Chemical Baths bathing Zinc and Tin ores in Persulfate to extract Zinc, and one Type Filter extracting Impure Dusts (other than Impure Endstone Dust) to be sent to a single HV Centrifuge to pick up that slack. Two hundred blocks of item conduits using twelve conduit channels, three type filters separating Tiny and Small Dusts and Nuggets from the output stream, two HV Packagers to combine dusts and nuggets, and one hundred locked Storage Drawers separating each individual type and form of ore according to which machine is next to process it.

Also somewhere in there is a pair of centrifuges and a vacuum freezer to turn the compressed air into nitrogen and rare gases.
Oh...I see... Guess I have a lot of work to do.

U

UNG_God

So now I'm wondering, what is the average time between maintenance issues on these Multiblock machines?

it is supposedly random, or tied to the tiers of the recipe. However i found strange it stops after having just one problem, that means something is wrong with the power. I might saying a huge dumb thing, it was on the past maybe Bloody changed it, but before pollution , gregoriust said that everytime a recipe fail on ebf, it store some "waste" on the muffler, and it increase the chance of problems, as it stock up, it can reach a point where it may prevent the ebf to work... how to fix? simply remove and place the muffler.

when do you stop, pick it up and move somewhere else?

prob when you think the energy spend is not worth the amount generated.

ic2 energy storage ... i know the mfsu (yes that one) is disabled , however, we can craft the charge pad version of it (that works just like the basic).

Tiny error in Nei Text.

- Reactoria Seed bag state it drop Reactoria Leaf (correct) and Tiny Pile of uraninite dust (have ye to see it but haven't harvested many yet.) I also received "Uraninite leaf" from them.

yeah , it is new to me as well, i dont have a single tiny uranite and my field of reactoria is running. But it is a kind of useless crop, thorium is rare and it cant be used on other types of radioactive material.
Scary is the trollplants and their special plutonium.

Konceptum might have found an interesting power gen

and while searching NEi, i found a new multiblock, cleanroom ... tha heck?

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Konceptum might have found an interesting power gen

Kinetic power is far from new. I've talked about it severals (hundreds) pages ago when i started experimenting with kinetic water power generation within deep ocean. Though in recent updates, the cost has become higher due to how you make tungstensteel. Your "stuck" behind iron rotor for a fairly large ammount of time.

As for Wind Generator, by the time you reach those, pollution shouldn't be a problem that much du to the high muffler tech you have.

Edit: I just got to work and had the chance to watch the video and now see that it has nothing to do with the Kinetic Water & Wind generator I was thinking about.

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

I've been wondering just how much excess power it generates. Whether its enough for a single LV generator, or an MV, or what.

idk, i only learned about this today, but if it gives some what the same we get from biogas, i would do this because needs less outsides sources. also konceptum isnt making it efficient as it can be.

You can tell Konceptum is using an old version of GT5U because he is making Rocket Fuel in an MV Chemical Reactor and not HV.

i told him at his video, but it is still a cool (diferent) way to make power, until this point was either steam, biogas, diesel power (nuclear are special). It is doable .

so what kind of nightmare can we expect from this new blood aspen multiblock... a clean room ... i already saw that on others mods...

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
i told him at his video, but it is still a cool (diferent) way to make power, until this point was either steam, biogas, diesel power (nuclear are special). It is doable .
You are forgetting Kinetic Water Generator. In a deep ocean, you can generate up to 145EU/t (give or take a few EU) at max speed using Iron Rotor. It also can be used very early game. The "hard" part is to build onto the deep ocean and the high cost of Iron (but who's counting when Iron is so abundant.)

I know I'm probably one of the very few (if not the only one XD) who use(d) those but I still consider it an efficient source of power.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

- It doesn't seem to accept GT EU directly.
- GT Cable won't connect to this specific IC2 block.
- I tried converting air pressure to IC2 EU but doesn't seem to work.
- MFSU are disabled.

From memory, this block also take a lot of energy which would required the use of MFSU back in the days.

Edit: Never mind, i just noticed it a required material to craft the Short-range Ender IO Telepad.

I've had my eye on teleporters since I finally am ready (almost) to run my spiffy shiny new Large Diesel Engine with oxygen feed for a sweet 6144 EU/t (3 amps of EV, basically) and could probably afford the power cost to run teleporters.

I'm not sure I understand the edit - are you saying the IC2 teleporter cannot be used by itself but we must use the Ender IO Telepads instead? And even tho Ender IO is RF-based, like most other blocks it will accept GregTech cables as a power feed? What level of power are we talking for, say, short hops around the base? Is power cost dependent on distance travelled like the IC2 Teleporter blocks? You say "short-hop" Telepad, so I guess its range has a maximum distance? How far?

T

targetingyou78

I've had my eye on teleporters since I finally am ready (almost) to run my spiffy shiny new Large Diesel Engine with oxygen feed for a sweet 6144 EU/t (3 amps of EV, basically) and could probably afford the power cost to run teleporters.

I'm not sure I understand the edit - are you saying the IC2 teleporter cannot be used by itself but we must use the Ender IO Telepads instead? And even tho Ender IO is RF-based, like most other blocks it will accept GregTech cables as a power feed? What level of power are we talking for, say, short hops around the base? Is power cost dependent on distance travelled like the IC2 Teleporter blocks?
The enderio machines are nice because you can attatch them to gregtech cables. I just started using the enderio painter. I heard it would use EU and I just dropped it down on my MV line and sure enough it works like a charm.

C

codewarrior0

I've been wondering just how much excess power it generates.

Before the fix, it cost 30,000 EU to make a bucket of Rocket Fuel worth 250,000 EU. For comparison, a Fusion Reactor Mk I and supporting machines use 13,000 EU to make plasma worth 32,000 EU.

Now, it takes slightly less than 160,000 EU to make that bucket. Personally, I think it wasn't nerfed enough. It shouldn't be possible to get free power from air and water unless you're doing nuclear fusion. (Or growing plants. You know, solar power.)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not sure I understand the edit - are you saying the IC2 teleporter cannot be used by itself but we must use the Ender IO Telepads instead? And even tho Ender IO is RF-based, like most other blocks it will accept GregTech cables as a power feed? What level of power are we talking for, say, short hops around the base? Is power cost dependent on distance travelled like the IC2 Teleporter blocks? You say "short-hop" Telepad, so I guess its range has a maximum distance? How far?
- @UNG_God porposed an idea that MFSU Charge pad could perhaps be used to power the IC2 Teleporter. I haven't had the chance to test it so be my guess unless I get to do it first (tonight.)
- As for the Short-range Telepad from Ender IO, from the tooltip, it state the range is 255m (give or take a few meter..i forgot the exact amount.) As for the power cost..i have no idea. I've spent my last month growing crops and pretty much stalled on HV while I did that. Just recently started getting Tung.Steel

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Now, it takes slightly less than 160,000 EU to make that bucket. Personally, I think it wasn't nerfed enough. It shouldn't be possible to get free power from air and water unless you're doing nuclear fusion. (Or growing plants. You know, solar power.)
100% agree. We don't make rocket fuel (irl) as an energy-generation mechanism: we make it because of its high(ish) fuel density. It costs more energy to make than it ultimately generates.

H

Herrminator1994

Does the large HP steam turbine output steam at a 1-to-1 ratio for input high pressure steam?

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Ten processing arrays containing sixteen LV Ore Washing Plants, thirty-two LV Centrifuges, sixteen LV Sifting Machines, ten LV Thermal Centrifuges, thirteen LV Compressors making Compressed Air, fourteen LV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Oxide, fourteen MV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Acid, sixteen Chemical Baths bathing specific ores in Mercury to extract Gold and Platinum, and sixteen additional LV Centrifuges dedicated to spinning the mercury out of Redstone and Cinnabar Dusts. Additionally, eight HV Pulverizers, one LV Chemical Reactor processing Platinum Sludge-bearing ores, eight LV Electrolyzers processing the resulting Vitriol, three LV Chemical Reactors producing Sodium Persulfate, five Chemical Baths bathing Zinc and Tin ores in Persulfate to extract Zinc, and one Type Filter extracting Impure Dusts (other than Impure Endstone Dust) to be sent to a single HV Centrifuge to pick up that slack. Two hundred blocks of item conduits using twelve conduit channels, three type filters separating Tiny and Small Dusts and Nuggets from the output stream, two HV Packagers to combine dusts and nuggets, and one hundred locked Storage Drawers separating each individual type and form of ore according to which machine is next to process it.

Also somewhere in there is a pair of centrifuges and a vacuum freezer to turn the compressed air into nitrogen and rare gases.
I'm really down for some snapshots of that, that sounds amazing! Tickles my inner engineer :)