[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
The portable scanner's readout for the Large Turbine doesn't take the rotor speed (efficiency value) into account when listing the EU/t.

I'm actually using the Industrial Information Panel, but I assume that's the same thing in this case. Thanks for the clarification :) I guess I'll have to find a new way to get the actual EU/t from it then, although I mainly use it to check on the rotor speed and durability remaining.

@MarcNemesis Yes, I'm on .19. I never really looked into those solar panels as a viable option until you pointed out how OP they are (were?)

I'm still confused as to how I'm supposed to put either a mining drill or oil drill multiblock in open air. Sure you can put a cover on the energy hatch, but doesn't that still make it explode if rain lands next to it?

C

codewarrior0

I guess I'll have to find a new way to get the actual EU/t from it then, although I mainly use it to check on the rotor speed and durability remaining.

I'm still confused as to how I'm supposed to put either a mining drill or oil drill multiblock in open air. Sure you can put a cover on the energy hatch, but doesn't that still make it explode if rain lands next to it?

Barring any bugs in the turbine's output logic ;), the actual EU/t will just be the displayed EU/t multiplied by the displayed rotor speed.

You can put a cover on the side of the energy hatch also. The machine checks in five directions (each cardinal direction, and above the machine) to see if it is raining there, and will skip the check if it has a cover in that direction.

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ha, sometimes it's so simple to get tunnel-visioned into only having a cover on top just by having something say 'solar', or 'rain'.

Thanks for the short brief on the inner workings (not just this post, but every time). It greatly helps understanding things that are hidden from most (well me at least) people, and in turn, optimizing.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Ha, sometimes it's so simple to get tunnel-visioned into only having a cover on top just by having something say 'solar', or 'rain'.

Thanks for the short brief on the inner workings (not just this post, but every time). It greatly helps understanding things that are hidden from most (well me at least) people, and in turn, optimizing.
What you can also do is have a "drain" cover on top and use a screwdriver to enable the "keep away liquids" mode which will enable a protective area 3x3, thus protecting any single block machine from rain.

C

codewarrior0

What you can also do is have a "drain" cover on top and use a screwdriver to enable the "keep away liquids" mode which will enable a protective area 3x3, thus protecting any single block machine from rain.

That might have been the case in earlier versions of GT, but no longer. I left a machine in the rain with a drain cover on top and set to "keep away liquids", and it exploded several minutes later. The only thing "keep away liquids" does now is delete fluid blocks adjacent to the cover.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"
S

Sven "flamestrider"

That might have been the case in earlier versions of GT, but no longer. I left a machine in the rain with a drain cover on top and set to "keep away liquids", and it exploded several minutes later. The only thing "keep away liquids" does now is delete fluid blocks adjacent to the cover.
ah, not really used the cover for a while, so it's good of you to let me know it's function has altered.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
@MarcNemesis Yes, I'm on .19. I never really looked into those solar panels as a viable option until you pointed out how OP they are (were?)
IMO they are still OP even with a high cost. Although a high cost make them harder to come by thus worth while to perhaps enable.

As @codewarrior0 mentioned, you can put covers on side. But if you want to use them indoors, you simply need a glass block above them so they can see the sky.

8 of those 32LV cover on battery buffers and you are outputing near HV (cable loss) as free energy. So i'm yet unsure whether or not to enable them. I don't like the concept of free energy (atleast... not of this type) in this specific modpack.

U

UNG_God

i was impressed when i read about solar panels, and i checked and they are enabled by default, so i guess it is okay, you wont have the means to craft them for a good amount of time, and when you do, you prob have better power gen, it is free but clunky and only for a time. My setup for power, 4 steel boiler and 4 large turbine can easily be made obsolete with a single diesel engine, and i dont mean the charged one.

i reach the point where most things now are just a pain to make, consuming way too much material for little thing back, i think i might stop after making the assembly line, because fusion and stuff are just crazy expensive to make.

Reactions: Pyure

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,
Happy New Year!

Question is, what are earliest ways to transfer lava from Nether to Overworld? Except, using buckets that is..
Lava and items, while we are on this subject.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,
Happy New Year!

Question is, what are earliest ways to transfer lava from Nether to Overworld? Except, using buckets that is..
The earliest way is Railcraft, Carts and Nether Portals. This can be glitchy, but it is the simpliest and earliest way (automated).
Other than that, most of the X-dim teleportation methods are gated to be HVish and beyond

Reactions: GammaGoblin

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Happy New Year! And of course... whoops. LOL This is a friendly reminder to all players - check you muffler hatches and don't do what I did, which was being lazy and keep using the LV Muffler Hatches because they were the cheapest to make back when Muffler Hatches didn't matter. Now they do matter, and I've been rather foolish not to swap all mine out for as high a tier of Muffler Hatch that I could.

I've had my Pyrolyse Oven running nonstop around the clock with an LV Muffler Hatch, and out of all the multiblocks the Pyrolyze is one of the worst producers of pollution. Ugh.

And to tie this in with one of my recent posts... An LuV Muffler Hatch is probably the highest tier that is reasonably within reach - for a rather important 84% pollution reduction - if you have the 16 Tungstensteel EBF coils and and some of that Gallium from processing Bauxite. Funny I was just asking about it, and now I need it. :)

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
The earliest way is Railcraft, Carts and Nether Portals. This can be glitchy, but it is the simpliest and earliest way (automated).
Other than that, most of the X-dim teleportation methods are gated to be HVish and beyond

What are the other cross dimensional teleportation methods?
Also, is there any way to measure pollution?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

What are the other cross dimensional teleportation methods?
Also, is there any way to measure pollution?
if you use the GT scanning tool on a block it will tell you the amount of pollution in the current chunk.

One way to teleport fluids/blocks/power(RF) is the dimensional transceiver.
Another is to use a fluid canner on both ends connected to an enderchest... some vanilla flavour there for you ;)

There are probably more ways, but those two I thought of at the drop of a hat. TC probably has a few good options too.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

does upgrading the coils on a cracker make any difference, and if so, what?

C

codewarrior0

does upgrading the coils on a cracker make any difference, and if so, what?

It makes the cracker stop working. Only CuNi coils are usable.

Though, maybe the cracker (and Pyrolyse oven) ought to have some kind of upgrade when using better coils, similar to the newly-changed EBF...

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-01-01 в 9.35.55.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-01-01 в 9.35.55.png
    987.8 KB · Views: 49
A

AlexAdmiral

Hello! Please update SGCraft mod to version 1.13.2. In version 1.13.0 gate interface does not work.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
He discovered that the pipe with the cover pump module to pump oil

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-01-01 в 10.12.47.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-01-01 в 10.12.47.png
    807.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Hey there,
Happy New Year!

For the lava, theres a Thaumcraft recipe in the alchemy tab that'll fill an empty bucket with lava. The essentia needed is fairly easy to acquire in bulk early on.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
I see. Im not that fond of Carts and whatnot, so what are "HVish methods" we are talking about? Mind naming a few?