[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Problem)
1) PneumaticCraft LPG and GregTech LPG are not compatible
2) PneumaticCraft Refinery does not work with the Heavy Oil I'm getting from my pyrolyse oven

Solution A)
Find a completely new oil source just for the pneumaticraft refinery.

Solution B)
1) Mixer recipe: light fuel and heavy fuel into gasoline
2) Thermopneumatic Processing Plant recipe: gasoline into PneumaticCraft LPG
3) turn LPG into plastic !!

This is my working system with stable pressure and turn off switch when coal is empty or tank full.
(gasoline production not shown)
jxZQvU0.jpg
Correct me if i'm wrong but don't refinery work better if stacked upon one another? So as to make multiple fuel type?

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Problem)
2) PneumaticCraft Refinery does not work with the Heavy Oil I'm getting from my pyrolyse oven

Solution A)
Find a completely new oil source just for the pneumaticraft refinery.

Solution B)
1) Mixer recipe: light fuel and heavy fuel into gasoline
2) Thermopneumatic Processing Plant recipe: gasoline into PneumaticCraft LPG
3) turn LPG into plastic !!

This is my working system with stable pressure and turn off switch when coal is empty or tank full.
(gasoline production not shown)

This relates closely to something I have been wondering recently. Up until now I have focused almost exclusively on gregtech stuff and I have a LPG focused power setup. (few distillation towers crackers etc..)

What are my best options now for RF generation? Can I burn GT LPG in any of the Foresty/BC/EnderIO generators? Is there something I'm overlooking? This play-through on of my goals is to avoid any sort of charcoal based power generation if possible.

Reactions: targetingyou78

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if i'm wrong but don't refinery work better if stacked upon one another? So as to make multiple fuel type?
Yes but I'm not using any pneumaticraft refineries.
My entire setup is to avoid using the refineries because I don't want to get another oil source exclusicly for pneumaticraft because heavy oil doesnt work with pneumaticraft stuff.

This relates closely to something I have been wondering recently. Up until now I have focused almost exclusively on gregtech stuff and I have a LPG focused power setup. (few distillation towers crackers etc..)

What are my best options now for RF generation? Can I burn GT LPG in any of the Foresty/BC/EnderIO generators? Is there something I'm overlooking? This play-through on of my goals is to avoid any sort of charcoal based power generation if possible.
I think the best RF generation is with a simple gregtech cable.

Last edited:

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Also, on a side note, does anyone know how the Advanced Miner II handles oilsand? It doesn't have a pulverizer recipe.

In the past it's just returned the oilsand ore blocks. Not sure if it still does that or not.

Question about Plutonium 241. Only way to get it is to centrifuge ~45 plutonium 244 dust? Seems bizarre to matter fab up 50 plutonium ingots from nothing, then centrifuge them all mostly into nothing again lol.

Reactions: targetingyou78

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but I'm not using any pneumaticraft refineries.
My entire setup is to avoid using the refineries because I don't want to get another oil source exclusicly for pneumaticraft because heavy oil doesnt for pneumaticraft stuff.
Ohh, i see. I hadn't touch the Thermopneumatic Refinery when i played with Pneumaticcraft in my last playthrough. Thus i wasn't aware you were able to use that to make plastic using GT Fuel. You just saved me soooo much time and space now!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
In the past it's just returned the oilsand ore blocks. Not sure if it still does that or not.

Confirmed, still works that way, my Miner grabbed some Oilsand ore blocks today. But I consider them junk, throw-away, once you get an Oil Drilling Rig set up over a good deposit, that thing just pumps a pretty much infinite amount, it's way more than my basic 2-Distillation Tower setup can handle and I've got it going around the clock. I think Oilsands was intended for early-game oil tho, it certainly has it's purpose. But once you have a Miner running, I doubt you need to process Oilsands blocks anymore.

U

UNG_God

he used the Thaumic device, maybe Transvector Interface

hey emulate the machine they bind to, so it is like the machine have more faces to interact, i use it to either give fluid/power to machine without clustering the area.

So in short, how do you power Galacticraft equipment using Gregtech power?

you connect an ender io energy conduit on gt cable to draw rf , and insert it on the machines.

correct, to avoid exploits.

you can use a gt distillery to convert heavy oil into oil, the ratio should be the same, i did light to oil and got the same amount of the end product.

Ohh, i see. I hadn't touch the Thermopneumatic Refinery when i played with Pneumaticcraft in my last playthrough. Thus i wasn't aware you were able to use that to make plastic using GT Fuel. You just saved me soooo much time and space now!

gt lpg and pneucraft lpg cant be used in place of each other.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm processing Bauxite to make Titanium, and I happened to notice there's a Pulverizer recipe to get a Gallium Dust (10% chance) from centrifuged Bauxite so naturally I took advantage of that... but I'm unsure what Gallium is best used for? It sounds important tho, and I do see a "Vanadium-Gallium" ingot which is intriguing. Don't see anything in the wiki and I'd rather just post here than try to figure it out thru NEI.

tl;dr: Best use for this Gallium Dust I just acquired?

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
Apart from gallium being used in the new solar panel recipes. Vanadium gallium is used for Luv tier machines and wiring, also it is one of the metals that can be used to make a superconductor wire.

Reactions: asb3pe

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Apart from gallium being used in the new solar panel recipes. Vanadium gallium is used for Luv tier machines and wiring, also it is one of the metals that can be used to make a superconductor wire.
When you say new solar recipe...whicu solar are you talking about? *cross finger for solar cover*

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I never made it to the solar recipes... I got as far as "Superconducting Wire" and just sorta sat there staring at NEI and drooling, lost in dreamland. :D

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I never made it to the solar recipes... I got as far as "Superconducting Wire" and just sorta sat there staring at NEI and drooling, lost in dreamland. :D
As far as i know, Gregtech Solar Cover have to be enabled in the config (Overpoweredstuff.cfg). But when i did so to check out the recipe (because i keep them disabled on my server for pretty obvious reason i assume), they were still the same old recipe: 2 Carbon plate, 2 Basic Circuit, 1 Silicon and something else which i forgot but cost pretty much nothing to craft. And from that, you build up solar cover from higher tier by using 8 from the previous panel mixing it with a...transformer if i remember correctly (not that it matter anyhow.)

My point being that i'm still trying to figure out which version is supposed to have these "new solar cover". Because if the recipe have been cranked up to be costly like that, then it would make it worth while to enable.

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
They are not that cheap. the 32v one needs two energy flow circuits, all higher tiers seem disabled by default.

And for something completely different: Today my large gas turbine had a maintenance issue, dropping its rotor speed to 90%. The energy output remained the same as if it were 100%. Intended or not?

C

codewarrior0

Today my large gas turbine had a maintenance issue, dropping its rotor speed to 90%. The energy output remained the same as if it were 100%. Intended or not?

The portable scanner's readout for the Large Turbine doesn't take the rotor speed (efficiency value) into account when listing the EU/t.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Does anyone know why the HQM quest "Going Nuclear" requires 16 Dense Lead plates when a reactor only needs 6 dense?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
They are not that cheap. the 32v one needs two energy flow circuits, all higher tiers seem disabled by default.

And for something completely different: Today my large gas turbine had a maintenance issue, dropping its rotor speed to 90%. The energy output remained the same as if it were 100%. Intended or not?
As i said above, which version add those change? Basically, i'm trying to figure out if there is a file problem on my end or if i simply don't have the right version yet.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

As i said above, which version add those change? Basically, i'm trying to figure out if there is a file problem on my end or if i simply don't have the right version yet.
.19 added the new recipes for ULV and LV solar, you don't need to enable them in the OP file.

Reactions: MarcNemesis