[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
From what I understand, additionally from being more efficient with better coils. Every 1800 heat units would mean that the overclock 4x eu/t , total 2x energy usage is not applied. Perhaps it only doubles the eu/t, so say we overclocked the ebf to HV. The total eu usage compared to mv would be the same.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Dude... I'm born and raised in Minnesota, USA. And your English is better than mine.
What i implied by my comment was that there are moments where i won't understand what someone meant to say. For example, the sentence above. But with the additionnal explanation from others, it cleared it up :) and this update make me happier by the minute :D.

C

codewarrior0

- GregTech -> 5.09.27

Very nice! Many of the bugs I mentioned recently (with the AdvMiner and multiblock generators) have been fixed in this version.

From what I understand, additionally from being more efficient with better coils. Every 1800 heat units would mean that the overclock 4x eu/t , total 2x energy usage is not applied. Perhaps it only doubles the eu/t, so say we overclocked the ebf to HV. The total eu usage compared to mv would be the same.

That's exactly it. The idea was to make the EBF kind of like the multismelter when it has good coils. The best part is that it only applies when the EBF also has a good energy hatch, so you will never be surprised by increased EU usage after upgrading the coils. That the coil upgrade actually decreases EU usage a tiny bit is just frosting on the cookie.

EDIT: To be exact, every 1800 heat units means you get 4x eu/t and 4x speed from overclocking, instead of 2x speed.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice! Many of the bugs I mentioned recently (with the AdvMiner and multiblock generators) have been fixed in this version.
I can't update yet (Server provider won't have the latest update for a few days still.) Thus, my question is as follow: Does it mean the Adv. Miner II won't "mine" other Adv. Miner II ores?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to remove Thaumcraft 4 ? And how to do it?
You'll end up with conflicts among other recipe probably if you do so. I assume you want to remove it because of taint? If so, simply tweak it in the config. If it's not for that, consider simply not using it :p

Hello! Is there a way to produce Pulsating Iron from Ender IO or is it only obtainable from chests?
Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter.

veronaville

Jul 29, 2019
strange, Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter (i used basic alloy smelter) and nothing happened (tried both iron ingot and iron nugget with ender pearl), nei do not show such recipe, I play on 3.2.17 server, maybe basic machines are low tire for this recipe?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
strange, Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter (i used basic alloy smelter) and nothing happened (tried both iron ingot and iron nugget with ender pearl), nei do not show such recipe, I play on 3.2.17 server, maybe basic machines are low tire for this recipe?
Seems fine to me though i'm on 3.2.18. Was working fine before that also.

The default recipe uses 16EU/t.
Edit: Tested it and works fine.

veronaville

Jul 29, 2019
played a few month ago on other server do not remember exactly 3.2.(?) and Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter worked just fine, strange thing here on 3.2.17 with no nei recipe =(

S

Sven "flamestrider"

played a few month ago on other server do not remember exactly 3.2.(?) and Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter worked just fine, strange thing here on 3.2.17 with no nei recipe =(
try force-updating your pack so that you get fresh files then try again... might just be a corrupted file on your end.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

thanks for advice but I play on server and i cant update anything
It might just be your own client files that are corrupt, so it's still worth a try, if you feel like it I'd advice creating a single-player world and seeing if you can see the recipe there.
If you have the same issue in single-player you need to get new files to your computer, otherwise you can tell the server admin that there might be something amiss with your server :)

T

targetingyou78

That's exactly it. The idea was to make the EBF kind of like the multismelter when it has good coils. The best part is that it only applies when the EBF also has a good energy hatch, so you will never be surprised by increased EU usage after upgrading the coils. That the coil upgrade actually decreases EU usage a tiny bit is just frosting on the cookie.

EDIT: To be exact, every 1800 heat units means you get 4x eu/t and 4x speed from overclocking, instead of 2x speed.

I'm still a tad confused. Just to clarify for myself. There are two things that have changed with EBF with this update:
1) For every 900 your heat capacity is over the required for the recipe. You get a 5% off of the initial EU/t cost? Is this addition additive so 1800 over would be 90 (100*.90) of original cost or would it be 90.25 (100*.95*.95). It doesn't matter much earlier on but a few tiers in it could.
2) Every 1800 above the heat capacity you get one tier overclocking without efficiency loss. This means, if you have a MV recipe with 1800+ extra heat capacity but only MV hatch it will run normal speed with 90% the cost-- however, if you keep the same setup and convert it to HV hatch it will run 4x as fast with 4x(EU/t * .90). Finally if you upgrade the hatch one more tier without upgrading coils what will happen?

C

codewarrior0

would it be 90.25 (100*.95*.95).

Correct. The bonus is multiplicative.

It doesn't matter much earlier on but a few tiers in it could.

On the contrary! If the machine has one maintenance problem, the cost of a 120 EU/t recipe is raised above 128 EU/t, requiring an additional MV amp. Installing the first coil upgrade partially cancels out the added cost of the maintenance problem, bringing the recipe cost back down below 128 EU/t. The coil upgrade acts as "insurance" against maintenance problems!

Every 1800 above the heat capacity you get one tier overclocking without efficiency loss. This means, if you have a MV recipe with 1800+ extra heat capacity but only MV hatch it will run normal speed with 90% the cost-- however, if you keep the same setup and convert it to HV hatch it will run 4x as fast with 4x(EU/t * .90). Finally if you upgrade the hatch one more tier without upgrading coils what will happen?

Correct. Each 1800 allows only one overclocking level without efficiency loss. Upgrading the hatch one more tier will overclock as normal, halving the efficiency.

Reactions: sprAngles
C

codewarrior0

Iron + Ender Pearl in an alloy smelter (i used basic alloy smelter) and nothing happened (tried both iron ingot and iron nugget with ender pearl), nei do not show such recipe, I play on 3.2.17 server

The version of GT in 3.2.16 added its own EBF recipes for the EnderIO alloys. Because this change affected Infitech progression, Jason replaced them in 3.2.17 with his own Alloy Smelter recipes from previous versions. The recipes are added by MineTweaker, which should sync them to your client even if your client files do not have the correct recipes. I recommend asking your server owner to double-check the Pulsating Iron recipe and force-update the server's modpack if needed.