Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I am using a pump in the DW20 pack that seems to be OK - Its called "Pump" from Ranged Pump mod

Hmm, does it accept power from any geothermal generator so you kinda get a infinite loop of energy supply by the lava?

Eg. the geothermal generator gets its lava from the ender tank>pumps the lava into the ender tank>ender tank supplys both overworld and giving infinite loop to the pumps

Also, if this works I will need a chunk loader, BUT does the built in chunk loading work in Nether?
I mean the GUI you can open up and just click the chunk you want to claim, or is that not for chunk loading, just claiming?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, does it accept power from any geothermal generator so you kinda get a infinite loop of energy supply by the lava?

Eg. the geothermal generator gets its lava from the ender tank>pumps the lava into the ender tank>ender tank supplys both overworld and giving infinite loop to the pumps

Also, if this works I will need a chunk loader, BUT does the built in chunk loading work in Nether?
I mean the GUI you can open up and just click the chunk you want to claim, or is that not for chunk loading, just claiming?
think pressing shift or ctrl while clikcing on a claimed chun chunk loads it.. my memory it is crap

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
From memory it may not even have a GUI, but I see no reason for the geo generator not working. I use the ExU2 chunk loader, will be looking into the claimed chunks loading ...thats a new one for me.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
From memory it may not even have a GUI, but I see no reason for the geo generator not working. I use the ExU2 chunk loader, will be looking into the claimed chunks loading ...thats a new one for me.
it is in FTBU... a hidden feature.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I would be good to have that, I have trouble sleeping after tricking those poor villagers into signing a contract and then abducting them :rolleyes:

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
think pressing shift or ctrl while clikcing on a claimed chun chunk loads it.. my memory it is crap

Well damn! That explains a few things...

But yeah, free chunkloading YAY :)

I will test different pumps and see how it goes

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed.... There is no friggin good generator for lava, not in Nether, since getting water there is a pain in the ass
(spent alot of time to save up to the ender tanks)

I want thermal expansion for 1.10.2 naaaooooooooooooooooooooow

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed.... There is no friggin good generator for lava, not in Nether, since getting water there is a pain in the ass

Maybe the solution is just saving up for another 2 - to send water to the generator.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Perhaps you should expand your horizons into any of the 1000 other ways to generate power? Seriously, who hasn't done lava to death by now?

Reactions: Everlasting2

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
That inventory sorting mod in the Direwolf20 pack; Is there any possible way to change the sort command from middle click? My mouse is mildly borked,and my middle click will not reliably respond to any input. Also,same pack; I want biodiesel,because HOLLA DAT POWA! However,I'm probably correct in assuming that the fermenter and squeezer require power of their own. What do you all suggest for a stopgap power solution?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Be so fucking smart to list a few of them then
-Immersive Engineering's Biodiesel Generator.
-Immersive Engineering's Windmill and Improved Windmill.
-Immersive Engineering's Water Wheel.
-Solid fuel burning generators from Actually Additions,IndustrialCraft 2,EnderIO,and more,usually simply called "Generator".
-IndustrialCraft 2's Nuclear Reactor.
-Actually Addition's Oil Generator,which works off of the easily farmed canola oil.

The list goes on. Open your eyes and search for yourself,before you start flinging around childish,petty insults.

Reactions: Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

-Immersive Engineering's Biodiesel Generator.
-Immersive Engineering's Windmill and Improved Windmill.
-Immersive Engineering's Water Wheel.
-Solid fuel burning generators from Actually Additions,IndustrialCraft 2,EnderIO,and more,usually simply called "Generator".
-IndustrialCraft 2's Nuclear Reactor.
-Actually Addition's Oil Generator,which works off of the easily farmed canola oil.

The list goes on. Open your eyes and search for yourself,before you start flinging around childish,petty insults.

Without knowing what options are available in your pack, this list is a nice stater. I'll add the entire Mek power chain if you have it (BioFuel, Ethylene, Nuclear, etc), RFTools Ender Pearl Generator (forget the exact name), and Deep Resonance. Those are just the beginning if you decide to get creative. Hell, I've powered my entire base off Blaze Rods before (not a small sum of power I assure you). Go balls to the wall and try for a Rainbow Generator.

If you're interested in early game power, Immersive Engineering Waterwheel and Windmill are perfect low maintenance, passive generation. The Biodiesel route offers a modest 4k/t or so, and actually has you build.things rather than just chunkload an extra dimension and create block/lighting updates to drag performance down.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Without knowing what options are available in your pack, this list is a nice stater. I'll add the entire Mek power chain if you have it (BioFuel, Ethylene, Nuclear, etc), RFTools Ender Pearl Generator (forget the exact name), and Deep Resonance. Those are just the beginning if you decide to get creative. Hell, I've powered my entire base off Blaze Rods before (not a small sum of power I assure you). Go balls to the wall and try for a Rainbow Generator.

If you're interested in early game power, Immersive Engineering Waterwheel and Windmill are perfect low maintenance, passive generation. The Biodiesel route offers a modest 4k/t or so, and actually has you build.things rather than just chunkload an extra dimension and create block/lighting updates to drag performance down.

So,you seem to be knowledgeable on power supplies. I plan on ending on biodiesel,which can be (largely) automated with (as Orks would put it) klever gubbinz. However,I'm a little bit stumped on an intermediary power supply; I need power to get there,and water wheels and windmills are inadequate. Would the Thermoelectric Generator be a good intermediate step,or would you suggest something else? I'm using the Direwolf20 pack,for reference.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So,you seem to be knowledgeable on power supplies. I plan on ending on biodiesel,which can be (largely) automated with (as Orks would put it) klever gubbinz. However,I'm a little bit stumped on an intermediary power supply; I need power to get there,and water wheels and windmills are inadequate. Would the Thermoelectric Generator be a good intermediate step,or would you suggest something else? I'm using the Direwolf20 pack,for reference.

A friend is using a few Thermoelectric Generators right now, but I've not played with them myself. His setup uses Uranium Ore and Packed Ice I believe, and he seems quite content with it for now. I would have to take a closer look at it to see the exact a setup, but I know he made it when his Waterwheel couldn't cut it any more (he still has it for passive backup use).

Edit:. Another option to consider is Actually Additions Canola Oil. Not hard to set up the basics, and expandable/upgradable if you want to continue with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A friend is using a few Thermoelectric Generators right now, but I've not played with them myself. His setup uses Uranium Ore and Packed Ice I believe, and he seems quite content with it for now. I would have to take a closer look at it to see the exact a setup, but I know he made it when his Waterwheel couldn't cut it any more (he still has it for passive backup use).

Edit:. Another option to consider is Actually Additions Canola Oil. Not hard to set up the basics, and expandable/upgradable if you want to continue with it.
i believe a typical cell(think arrangement of blocks/liquids) of Thermoelectric Generators commonly is. (key: h =hot . c= cold G= generator) , (- meaning nothing is needed here NOT this spot has to be empty so this spot could have a generator from another cell )
-h-
hGc
-c-
where u can swap the spots marked as hot with the spots marked as cold (because the hot part most be hozontially opposite from cold stuff ) Thermoelectric Generators can share a hot block and cold block with others but only via directly adjacent to it .
the uranium being used is a nicer heat source , lava also counts as a heat source but gives a weaker return then uranium
cold spots include ice and packed ice (packed ice being better because it does not melt from torches or light/heat in general and also gives a a slightly better yeild)
water works for a cold liquid for this generator but it is weaker then both types of ice
lastly u can stack Thermoelectric Generators vertically

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... trying to search through google alot I end up asking here:

I'm planning at the moment to set up a very little server for me and a few acquaintances (like maybe max 6 people). I always read for servers "When you use mods you need at least 4GB".
Now I understand that when it comes to modpacks like Infinity and all, but does that also count when you only add very very few mods, like just chisel/chisels&bits, so a few things to give vanilla a bit more variety in building-possibilities. No big tech or magic mods, even not world-generation-mods like Biomes'o'plenty.

So to not confuse to much:
- With very few decoration mods like chisel/chisels&bits, maybe decocraft. Would that make the server already need alot more GB than just the 1GB for vanilla and a few player?

(and well it's the first time I set up a server, so my knowledge in these things really is as bad as it looks with such a question *smiles*)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive thermal generators are good for passive as well. If your not using uranium elsewhere, you can get 42 rf/t with packed ice
edit: and this is what happens when I forget to hit enter and come back later.

Reactions: totte1015

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Any tips/tricks anyone can share on how to capture a Ghast with low HP for the flying ring from Extra Utilities 2?

Buggers don't want to play nice :(

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hrm... trying to search through google alot I end up asking here:

I'm planning at the moment to set up a very little server for me and a few acquaintances (like maybe max 6 people). I always read for servers "When you use mods you need at least 4GB".
Now I understand that when it comes to modpacks like Infinity and all, but does that also count when you only add very very few mods, like just chisel/chisels&bits, so a few things to give vanilla a bit more variety in building-possibilities. No big tech or magic mods, even not world-generation-mods like Biomes'o'plenty.

So to not confuse to much:
- With very few decoration mods like chisel/chisels&bits, maybe decocraft. Would that make the server already need alot more GB than just the 1GB for vanilla and a few player?

(and well it's the first time I set up a server, so my knowledge in these things really is as bad as it looks with such a question *smiles*)
When you start the server, it shows its memory percentage on the left, right? So, try starting it with 2 GB allocated first, play-test and watch the memory consumption. If free memory is less than 25%, then increase it by gigabyte and repeat.