Early projects in new DW20 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
It is, but I went with the Realistic Terrain provided by Quark....

Can't sing the praises of the Quark realistic terrain enough or rather the redditors string that Vazkii used to build that Quark option here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/4nfw3t/more_realistic_generation_preset_in_comment/

Slightly edited and working string about half way down the page the string allows use on a server which is why I went looking for it after seeing it in single player.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I went the route of smeltery for early game ore doubling (tons of lava in my world) which I semi-automated by pushing out molten metals to Ender IO tanks via EU2 (the EU2 node and pipe recipes are dirt cheap for early game) each with a faucet and casting table or basin as appropriate. I then made an engineers hammer, used that to make an iron plate which I used to make a plate cast from which I jumped into early game IC2 power intending to do EU->RF via IE only to hit a wall on that front and having to go forestry electric engines to convert the output from my geothermals (like I said, tons of lava). That gave me enough RF to jump into using AA to make RF (AA farm for canola feeding into a Forestry squeezer then still to make oil which goes into the AA oil generator at a net gain of 102 kRF per 13 canola) which is now the main power gen for my base (powering early Ender IO machines, early AA machines and a couple other auto farms). Now I'm upgrading my lava pumping setup to use RF (was using an IC2 pump with attached geothermal) and passing lava via endertanks to the smeltery and geothermals and heading down the road to an IC2 jetpack so I can find a nether fortress and get a cursed earth mob farm going.

A couple of things I plan on trying when I get more resources are the new(ish?) Tinkers Furnace and Tank. The Tank can be 11x11x11 IIRC and hold multiple fluid types separately with no fear of accidental alloys... I'm thinking all smelted metals piped directly into it until needed, not to mention lava storage for days if I get lucky enough :D

The furnace can process multiple things simultaneously and I think you can put stacks of items into it.

My problem is my personal policy of deleting all worlds and creating new ones every time the pack changes...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Looking at backpacks, with the iron backpack mod. Just wondering, what do you think is the best one for mass mining?

-Wuffle!

Last night after watching DW's spotlight on the mod I made the basic pack and when I got the iron made a storage iron pack... It has plenty of room and later on I can add one of the auto-filter upgrades to collect ores automatically. Then at some point I'll add the update that empties the pack into another storage item with a single click. Eventually I'll upgrade to the other tiers as well.

I'll wait until I'm better provisioned to play with the Update oriented set of packs.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things I plan on trying when I get more resources are the new(ish?) Tinkers Furnace and Tank. The Tank can be 11x11x11 IIRC and hold multiple fluid types separately with no fear of accidental alloys... I'm thinking all smelted metals piped directly into it until needed, not to mention lava storage for days if I get lucky enough :D

The furnace can process multiple things simultaneously and I think you can put stacks of items into it.

My problem is my personal policy of deleting all worlds and creating new ones every time the pack changes...
The problem I had with the tinkers furnace, any auto extra I tried and it pulled out my input as soon as it went in.
The furnace also has an internal stack limit of 16 per slot, but it will smelt all 16 at once, adding the individual smelt times together. Auto insert will fill 1 slot before going to another slot.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
My Current State:
- Angel Ring with enough Power in the Grid (easier then expected)
- Some Tinkers Construct Slime Tools (way better then expected)
- Deep Dark Portal (Only 8 compressed stones) for mining. (Since I have Angel ring this is easy to start Branch mining.)
- Ore Processing (EnderIO)
- Basic Storage system. (Combination of Drawers and Actually Addition Lasers with some iron chests.) --> Drawer Controller still best thing ever happened to a Drawer/Barrel system
- Botania Woodfarm. Completly Automated turning wood into Charcoal for Mana generation. Not the fastest but since I started early this will do its thing during my other stuff.
- starting to get into Actually Additions a bit more. Did setup Basic Canola Oil Power Gen.

- I did get to the End but Ender Dragon is strong as hell.. And I´m not sure what armor is the go to one here... I got a Manylium sword with Lifesteal and Sharpness but I do near to no dmg... and after all, I can´t stand long enough alife. Any Idea?

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Got my Canola farm going :)

Basic 9 x 9 farm with a water plot in middle
Got lucky and have about 7 worms in it from tilling the land (Worms are awesome)
I know that the Farming block will till the soil but I wanted the worms :)

Farming block from Actually additions (AA)
Underneath the farming block I have a hopper connected to an Item Interface from AA
Next to Farm block I have a canola seed crusher thing from AA
Next to the crusher thing from AA I have an oil burner from AA
Basic item laser on item interface
Advanced Item lasers on the farmer and seed crusher
Filter for canola seeds on farmer
filter for canola on crusher thing (I can't remember it's proper name)
Used IE wire thingies to hook up RF from oil burner to canola crusher and farmer

So far this basic setup produces a nice bit of excess power,
I'm going to put up a nice little 'power building' next to the farm and whack in a bank
of basic IE Capacitors for an early game energy bank.

-Wuffle!