[1.7.10] Marooned

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The only thing I changed in the config for gardens is the amount of drops you get from them. I just went back into the game and tried moving one using shift right click etc and didn't manage to get one to move. I'm wondering if you're thinking of something else as I'd have liked to be able to move them myself and went to the trouble of checking the config to see if there was a way to enable it.

Of course I could be thinking about the wrong type of garden as I assumed I was being asked about the gardens you get as rewards in the Taint Nutttin.

If you can get it to work, let me know as there's always a possibility I've missed something.

According to Pam's project page, you should be able to right-click them - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/pams-harvestcraft/files/2221702 (fourth bullet on the 1.7.10d changelog) I've also looked through the 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 pages, and other than a change in the types of gardens available, there doesn't seem to be any removal of this function.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
According to Pam's project page, you should be able to right-click them - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/pams-harvestcraft/files/2221702 (fourth bullet on the 1.7.10d changelog) I've also looked through the 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 pages, and other than a change in the types of gardens available, there doesn't seem to be any removal of this function.

Well that explains it. Marooned is using 1.7.10c which didn't have that function.

Thanks for going to the trouble to check it out...........

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well that explains it. Marooned is using 1.7.10c which didn't have that function.

Thanks for going to the trouble to check it out...........

No problem - depending on how far the move is, it might be feasible to 'walk' a garden to a new location by letting it spread and harvesting the further of the two (like 'transporting' grass to a desert location).

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Funny, I always thought you added it as a special feature here to make it more complicated/challenging. :D

Another question: I saw in Elders LP that he used the slime dirt to make a large skyplatform with the Gardens. Is that a good approach for the land based maps? Getting tons of slime dirt is probably much easier than to craft dirt.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Funny, I always thought you added it as a special feature here to make it more complicated/challenging. :D

Another question: I saw in Elders LP that he used the slime dirt to make a large skyplatform with the Gardens. Is that a good approach for the land based maps? Getting tons of slime dirt is probably much easier than to craft dirt.

Gardens won't grow on slime dirt. It has to be slime grass. Its possible to grow the grass down to the ground but it takes forever. I have however grown about half my gardens on an island and the other half on regular dirt/grass. Kinda gives me the best of both worlds. You do however need to have your base reasonably close to the island to make the gardens grow.

Oh, and they tend to grow faster on slime grass so its a worthwhile idea.

EDIT: Mind you, I can't recall if I tried getting grass to grow on slime dirt by using grass seeds or placing the dirt next to existing regular grass. Might be worth a try........

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
And knowing you, the silk touch modifier either has no recipe or is more expensive :D

edit: And just a suggestion, since you already did like a million different maps and the skyblock, maybe you can come up also with a more server friendly variant in Marooned Again

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
And knowing you, the silk touch modifier either has no recipe or is more expensive :D

edit: And just a suggestion, since you already did like a million different maps and the skyblock, maybe you can come up also with a more server friendly variant in Marooned Again

Didn't do anything to silk touch, I'm not a complete ogre.o_O

At the moment I'm not using a specific map for Marooned Again. I'm trialing just making a regular minecraft map and seeing how I can make Marooned again work with it. So far I'm really enjoying the experience of having a normal world to play around in. No dirt shortages now........

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds cool. With server-friendly I meant basically not to include any player-related things such as HQM questgates or complicated structures at spawn. But of course it is your pack, not mine. :D

edit: If you want to make it tough, remove all ores and force us to get our ressources from bees and fish and such things. :D

Anyone knows a good pack that build on bees? Except for BeeHappy of course, which felt more like a tutorial-style pack.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds cool. With server-friendly I meant basically not to include any player-related things such as HQM questgates or complicated structures at spawn. But of course it is your pack, not mine. :D

edit: If you want to make it tough, remove all ores and force us to get our ressources from bees and fish and such things. :D

Anyone knows a good pack that build on bees? Except for BeeHappy of course, which felt more like a tutorial-style pack.

So far there are no questgates or complicated structures in the new pack. My intention is to keep it that way so that players can simply 'make' a world and play it. That way you'll be able to get a new world to explore each time you are mercilessly slain when on your last life....

The thing with having to get all your resources from a different type of resource is you can generally eventually automate it which then makes it really easy. Having to explore underground to 'find' resources is an ongoing thing unless the pack includes an ability to set up automatic quarries etc.

Its early days and I'm still checking out other mods to see if something strikes my fancy. Am wondering about Botania at the moment. Still not sure, will have to do more research.....

I'm always open to suggestions though so keep them coming...............

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The pack currently has a new bee mod. It provides a 'different' way to get bees and hives for honeycombs

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
The good thing with Botania is that it gives you a ton of Crafting Methods you can use for your crazy recipes. :D

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
The good thing with Botania is that it gives you a ton of Crafting Methods you can use for your crazy recipes. :D

Glad to hear. I've still got more research to do regarding it. As for crazy, I've already gone crazy making new food recipes for the new crops. So far am loving not having to remember which utensil to use for the various recipes.

Already got the first 4 pages of quests more or less done. Still fine tuning them though. Will probably keep the Nether quests as they are [5th page]. Perhaps make a few alterations but unless another mod adds something new, there's not a lot I can do there.

Still looking for a replacement for Twilight Forest. I seem to recall the the Aether comes with its own loader page. Will have to check though to see if Custom menus can override it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Last I heard, the mod-creator for Botania wasn't going to be updating it any more, so depending on which version of MC you want to use, there's that.

M

Magica_memoria

Yo! Loving the pack so far. Playing in the swamplands, but have two issues. First is that you can't get yellow/red flowers from bonemealing grass in a swamp biome (you can get light blue ones :) ). Not a big issue, just need to breed them instead. However, I can't seem to get animals to spawn. I have a fenced 9x9 patch of grass, more than 17 blocks from the SPUD and have been waiting 32 blocks away from it for rl hours. Is there anything I could be doing wrong, or am I out of luck until I fully unlock the SPUD?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Yo! Loving the pack so far. Playing in the swamplands, but have two issues. First is that you can't get yellow/red flowers from bonemealing grass in a swamp biome (you can get light blue ones :) ). Not a big issue, just need to breed them instead. However, I can't seem to get animals to spawn. I have a fenced 9x9 patch of grass, more than 17 blocks from the SPUD and have been waiting 32 blocks away from it for rl hours. Is there anything I could be doing wrong, or am I out of luck until I fully unlock the SPUD?

I did notice about the blue flowers replacing red and yellow ones in swamp biomes but decided to leave them as they are as its meant to be a harder biome anyway. As you mention, you can still breed [mutate] them so as long as its possible I'm happy to leave the status quo.

As for animal spawning, it can take longer in some biomes, including the swampland but it will eventually happen. Its possible you might have already heard animal sounds coming from the SPUD but they won't be accessible for some time even after it opens up. Of course once its opened and you've cleared it out, you'll find there's heaps of room to make animal spawners there if you want to.

Glad you're enjoying the pack.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, the mod-creator for Botania wasn't going to be updating it any more, so depending on which version of MC you want to use, there's that.

The new pack is still using 1.7.10 as I particularly like this version and it already has heaps of mods I can try out. Besides, I kinda work on the idea that if it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
mushroom stew seems to be quite broken. spice of life doesnt seem to register it as a food type that I've eaten, so its nutritional value never goes down. A roof to plant mushrooms under and some bonemeal provides practically unlimited food, and thanks to natura you dont even need both types of mushrooms, plus the stew stacks. I'd assume this is a bug with spice of life. I'd suggest updating that mod as it seems this pack uses the oldest available version of spice of life for 1.7.10

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
mushroom stew seems to be quite broken. spice of life doesnt seem to register it as a food type that I've eaten, so its nutritional value never goes down. A roof to plant mushrooms under and some bonemeal provides practically unlimited food, and thanks to natura you dont even need both types of mushrooms, plus the stew stacks. I'd assume this is a bug with spice of life. I'd suggest updating that mod as it seems this pack uses the oldest available version of spice of life for 1.7.10

During testing the mushroom stew registered its nutritional value and it didn't stack. you're right about not needing both mushroom types though. Not sure why your game isn't registering it but hopefully it is registering with other players. It seems there is always something that doesn't work properly on other computers. In the new pack mushroom stew has already been removed entirely, including the Natura version so at leas that won't be a problem when its released.

I'll look into Spice of Life updates to see what they offer. Probably won't be another update for the existing pack but I'll certainly check it out for Marooned Again.

Thanks for posting.........

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
theres a "minecraft" mushroom stew and a "natura" mushroom stew. the minecraft one only gives 1 hunger bar and the natura one gives 3. its the natura one that never depletes. I think you do need both mushroom types to make the natura one
a04dfc60f0.jpg

I would also suggest not allowing your "unbreakable" blocks to be moved by pistons in your next pack :p

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
theres a "minecraft" mushroom stew and a "natura" mushroom stew. the minecraft one only gives 1 hunger bar and the natura one gives 3. its the natura one that never depletes. I think you do need both mushroom types to make the natura one

I actually thought I had removed the natura recipe as it wasn't showing on NEI. It managed to go unnoticed. If I ever update 1.5.4 I'll remove the recipe entirely. I guess its what you calla bit of good luck fo the customers that discover the recipe and its inherent uses.

As for the unbreakable blocks, the mod I used to make them doesn't include the ability to prevent pistons moving them. I was aware of this fact but chose to use them anyway and where possible insert 'hidden' bedrock in some of the more critical places. A dedicated person will always find a way to get past barriers etc, but to be hones, the pack is designed so that players can dispense with eating food if they choose once they progress enough and any important areas someone can piston their way past will become accessible at some point anyway.

Glad to hear you're managing to find some flaws in the pack though. I wouldn't want to be accused of being too perfect....o_O

Cheers..........