[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

V

Vaughn69

So there I was... headed to the End with some sweet Tinker's weapons to hunt a dragon. Game crashed going through the portal and now the world won't load. Any suggestions? The attached crash report is what I got trying to load the world. I have not added or removed any mods from the original pack.

Attachments

• crash-2016-10-18_21.18.29-client.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 56

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
If I change the biome with the thing in the top right part of the witching gadgets tab or with witchery will it not use as much water?
Easiest way to change the biome is to just plant silverwood trees from thaumcraft. Plus you get the bonus of the lime green grass.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how place a hopperhock without it binding to the closest mana pool it sees? (Yes, even the only one in existence that is half a world away.) Or even un-bind it from one.

The dragon got a bad batch of george-on-the-half-shell and is not thinking well at the moment.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Or even un-bind it from one.
Set your wand to bind mode, click on the spreader, then just click on any block that does not have a pool in it's line of sight. Or you can break them and set them back down (i have never had a mana spread automatically point at a pool before).

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Set your wand to bind mode, click on the spreader, then just click on any block that does not have a pool in it's line of sight. Or you can break them and set them back down (i have never had a mana spread automatically point at a pool before).
The mana spreaders are not the issue, d9phoenix. The problem is with the plant that picks up everything in its range. If there is a mana pool any where around the plant attaches itself to it (which gives the plant an insane 25 block cube to pick things up from). None of the combinations with the wand that I have tried will break that connection. I guess I will just have to set up this farm well away from any other mana pools. This is the biggest issue I have found with the Hopperhock, the darned things are almost impossible to control.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
The mana spreaders are not the issue, d9phoenix. The problem is with the plant that picks up everything in its range. If there is a mana pool any where around the plant attaches itself to it (which gives the plant an insane 25 block cube to pick things up from). None of the combinations with the wand that I have tried will break that connection. I guess I will just have to set up this farm well away from any other mana pools. This is the biggest issue I have found with the Hopperhock, the darned things are almost impossible to control.

Ahh sorry i missed that part. What i do when working in confined spaces with Hopperhocks. I first put down a mana pool that is empty and not tied to any spreaders. Then place the hopperhock down. It will bind to that empty mana pool and have a very low range. You can pick that mana pool back up, but its regrowth so meh i leave it.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Which of the Norman villages do I need to make to get the tapestry? I made the farmer one and no one buys anything but white wool.

Edit: Seriously nothing?

Last edited:
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Hi guys!

Been trying to breed Common bees (Meadow + Forest). According to the wiki it's 15%, and since I put 3 Soul Frames in my apiary, the chance becomes (15*1.5*1.5*1.5)% = 50.625%. So I should have a successful mutation half the time, but after cycling the bees for about 12 rounds, all I get are hybrids, and no such luck with purebred/hybird Common bees. My question is, am I doing something wrong, or is the bee mutation chance severely nerfed in this pack?

Thanks for all the help! :)

F

flapee

Hello guys, really enjoing this modpack(version 1.0.1), but got stuck on getting XP seeds.
How to get Bottle o' enchanting?

Don't have emeralds/villagers;
Bee-wise, stuck as well as the biome is not suitable and don't have redstone for acclimatizer

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thx.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Hello guys, really enjoing this modpack(version 1.0.1), but got stuck on getting XP seeds.
How to get Bottle o' enchanting?

Don't have emeralds/villagers;
Bee-wise, stuck as well as the biome is not suitable and don't have redstone for acclimatizer

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thx.
You should have skeleton soul seeds by now. 9 essences of skeleton in a 3 by 3 crafting grid should get you 3 xp bottles. This works with other types of mob essences (if you have gotten that far). :)

EDIT: Alternatively, you could craft yourself a vanilla fishing rod and try to fish up a bottle o' enchanting. I can't say how rare or common it is to be fished up, as I haven't even tried this method in my Regrowth world. But I am positively sure this is a vanilla mechanic.

F

flapee

Oh man! Thanks! It does NOT show in NEI

You should have skeleton soul seeds by now. 9 essences of skeleton in a 3 by 3 crafting grid should get you 3 xp bottles. This works with other types of mob essences (if you have gotten that far). :)

EDIT: Alternatively, you could craft yourself a vanilla fishing rod and try to fish up a bottle o' enchanting. I can't say how rare or common it is to be fished up, as I haven't even tried this method in my Regrowth world. But I am positively sure this is a vanilla mechanic.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I have cleared a 10x10 chunks area and tried to place a norman military village so I can trade for tapestry but it says could not find space for townhall. I have tried other norman villages and also went to other places and tried to spawn it. Can you only have 1 culture type village? I have a norman agriculture village already.

Edit: Went about 1k blocks away and it spawned, sucks they couldn't be close enough that I can keep them both active.

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Personal Anchors - just require ender pearls to keep the area loaded.
Yes, but the anchors don't keep the village active as evident by when you press v and it says the village name, distance and active/inactive. They don't do anything when inactive.

G

GenniTheKitten

Hey I'd love some help. I was playing regrowth, and my computer turned off randomly, which happens to it. But when I turned regrowth back on, when i try to log into my singleplayer world, it says "Server Closed" and crashes. Please help?
Edit-I was entering the nether when this happened

Attachments

• crash-2016-10-23_17.39.34-server.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Hm have that too, very annoying, since Alt is my Push-To-Talk key in teamspeak.

Unfortunately you cant change that ingame, not sure why the mod dev didnt include it there. You have to find the config file and change the key settings there.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'd love some help. I was playing regrowth, and my computer turned off randomly, which happens to it. But when I turned regrowth back on, when i try to log into my singleplayer world, it says "Server Closed" and crashes. Please help?
Edit-I was entering the nether when this happened
There is a file in the "world_name" directory of your save named LEVEL.DAT. There is also one named LEVEL.DAT_OLD. When the system (or server) crashes, level.dat sometimes get corrupted. You might be able to rescue things by copying level.dat_old into level.dat. I would, of course, make a copy of both files somewhere else before messing about (Devout, and Practicing, Coward). If you have an earlier save, you may be able to get a copy of level.dat from that and not lose too much.

G

GenniTheKitten

There is a file in the "world_name" directory of your save named LEVEL.DAT. There is also one named LEVEL.DAT_OLD. When the system (or server) crashes, level.dat sometimes get corrupted. You might be able to rescue things by copying level.dat_old into level.dat. I would, of course, make a copy of both files somewhere else before messing about (Devout, and Practicing, Coward). If you have an earlier save, you may be able to get a copy of level.dat from that and not lose too much.
Thank you for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work..the crashes continue

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work..the crashes continue
<sigh> Sorry that didn't help. You may have to re-load the regrowth files (SAVE your world somewhere else first!) and restart. You can then try copying the saved world files into the new instance. I have a mind like a steel sieve, so I don't remember exactly which files need to be copied to get your world back. Times like this are the main reason I run a private server on a separate machine automatically backing up every 30 minutes. Fixed computers for a living for too many years to ever trust them.