Keybounce's Overly Cluttered D... Den?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I forgot to publish episode 10 from the (now restarted) dev server.

Watch on YouTube

This starts with showing off the Last Millennium nexus. Or, since it was restarted a few days after this, the last Last Millennium nexus. You could even say the final last Last Millennium nexus :). Having died, and found holes, I try to see how safe it is now. Safe enough, as long as you don't go crazy with Parkour games.

Next, a look at the glowing trees, and a bit of song tribute. Someone said that they simulate the wind blowing. From that, to "Anyway the wind blows", to people singing a pair of songs.

Since I'm still learning how rope ladders work, or don't work, I show off some ways to fall.

I show off the Moonworm Queen, and hopefully show you why I consider it one of the most powerful items from the twilight forest. (And he thought 2000+ shots would be enough for the whole game ... silly).

At the end, I show off an area that has been partially mined out, to show the areas that are potentially available for rooms. The intention was to get feedback as to where I should set up my underground base; now that that map has been reset, it's no longer relevant.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 11

Watch on YouTube

A look at how to properly use Storage Drawers with Logistics Pipes.
A tour of (most of) Tome's base.
Including the (drum roll ...) Disco Laser Room Of Doom!

Followed, by some real ChromatiCraft progress. We see what draining a pylon looks like.

Err ...

Oh, right, I have to faceplant a pylon first. Ok, so let me get close enough to a pylon that it can zap me repeatedly. ...

Hey, a pylon gives Regen 3. Nyah-Nyah. What could possibly go wrong?

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
How did the other person hook up their drawers, and would you have expected any difference from an equal number of barrels in said arrangement?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
They had a pipe going to every drawer block (2x2x8's), with no controller being used.

And, they had something like a 20 wide, 20 tall wall of these.

(It was recorded, he showed off his base to me, but the sound was not configured properly on my end and did not record.)

EDIT: See it here:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, he didn't need to do that monstrosity, IMO. Not that that has stopped some people from applying that particular maxim from Taigon's playbook to everything.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
And here is episode 12. This is a less interesting episode. Essentially, the highlights from chat of ... a little over an hour of repetitive grind and silly chat. Now, granted, it was only about 30 minutes of grind once I understood how Tome's linkbook network was arranged, and was no longer fighting the server lag.

Highlights include:
1. "Last Stand" as an armor enchantment. Instead of taking fatal damage, you lose XP. And there's lots of XP around. So this should make me invulnerable to pylons, right?
2. There's two different ways to order colors in minecraft. Most things use white as zero, and black as 15. Dyes use black as 0, and white as 15. Guess which one Reika used for ChromatiCraft.
3. Reika comments on the "Grindy" nature of the pylons, and discusses why they recharge at the rate that they do; he confirms that normally, in SMP, the recharge rate is not a problem even when sharing pylons.
4. A discussion of the initial faceplant problem, and thoughts on Hard-core games/servers.
5. Getting forestry pollen drops from lighted leaf blocks ... "wat?"
6. Discussing my plans for a forestry tree breeding greenhouse, now that I've got a butterfly generator.
7. Back to the nexus -- with *again* a rebuild from a chunk error. Apparently it broke twice if I understood chat correctly.
8. Back home, and a discussion of drop rates in jungles, and rainbow forests.
9. Speaking of Jungles, there's this song about lions. How far is a person from singing it?
10. "Wait, you were recording?"

Watch on YouTube

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to keep in mind that pylons deliver void damage. That even bypasses Bound Armor from Blood Magic.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to keep in mind that pylons deliver void damage. That even bypasses Bound Armor from Blood Magic.

Ohh, that's interesting. May I direct you to the 4 minute mark?
56 seconds of schooling for me.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, saw that after. Reika is a pretty sneaky bugger like that. Lots of heart canisters and some Notch apples will boost your health.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Much delayed, but here is episode 13 from the (previous) dev server. I even talk about the change in the dev sever coming up.

KmOcd-Reika 13: Queenie, Opal, Barf, Mappings -- An acapella music video about the Moonworm Queen, a look at the colors of Opal (a building block that has a different color at different locations), the "Rainbow Barf" biome, and the mappings of "which color in ChromatiCraft does what".

Watch on YouTube

Reactions: Lethosos

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Considering that you seem to be switching over to Terraria... I was getting concerned about you. :p

Reactions: keybounce

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think of it as switching.

Think of it as adding.

I now have a 147-based slidecraft, a 1710-based Reika's tech and magic, a Terraria-based modded minecraft with event mobs, nasty special mobs, a regional difficulty that goes into hard mode, and lots of tech including laser rifles, etc., and finally, a 1710-based exploration themed main world that will need a massive retooling to support all the stuff that has come into being since 147.

... Err, maybe I'm as overloaded as my player who has just finished year one of med school.

Actually, the last time we had a game of minecraft together, she was talking about getting ready for med school ...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
** Update July 2016
(Currently active: 1, Reika's dev server for 1.7.10, which is taking a lot of editing per video. 2, Realistic Flowing Fluids updates and testing, currently on hold for "free time". 3, A look at RTG worldgen, and comparing it to vanilla. Coming RSN: Captive Minecraft)

Realistic Terrain Gen changes how minecraft landscape (the ground) is generated, as well as what the ground looks like (surface decorations, trees, plants, etc).

Here is a detailed look at Jungles (almost 40 minutes). There is a table of contents on the YouTube page.

Watch on YouTube

More biome exploration will follow.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Captive Minecraft 4: Winter Realm, is a vanilla-style, low difficulty version of Captive Minecraft. Or, since it is now using the new combat system, and I am doing horrible at it, it is using the very difficult new vanilla combat mechanics where even one skeleton plus one spider killed me in testing.

As Kefke calls the series: Overhyped Caverns of Doom.
As I call this map: Vertical Vanilla Viewing.

Episode 0 (intro to Captive Minecraft and the map, of interest if you've never seen Captive Minecraft):

Watch on YouTube

Episode 1: Watch on YouTube

(Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFYVR-tqmunVCThcsBfdBNNQqwwyi6G1B)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So in the last three months, there's been a bit of activity :)

First: Captive Minecraft IV: Winter Realm / Overhyped Caverns of Doom, Vertical Vanilla Viewing is now up to 5 episodes.

Episode 3: Bread and Circus :). The Bread achievement, and some mob silliness. Lets say that I have a reason for being anal about lighting, and I was less than perfect this once.

Yes, a polar bear did join me.

Episode 4: Fish, remodeling, and lighting. Lighting, in response to the mobs of 3, and ... Well, I figured out how to protect myself from polar bears.

Good news: While vanilla does not oredict its stones (you can't make tools from the alternate stones), you can make Fish achievement from alternate fish.

Episode 5: The derp strikes back.
I had some friends watching and commenting on me as I was playing. It got silly. This is the 1st of three.

===

Captive Minecraft 1: Overly Crowded Dis-coordination (or is it Disco-ordination?): The entire OCD server group gets together to play CM1. What are we doing wrong folks? (One youtube comment: playing it as a group)

The basic premise: All 5 of us have different play styles. Watch it come together.

Episode 1: What are we doing people?

Yes, we had two pits going down into the ground at the same time.

Episode 2: What are we messing up, people?

Cow half in the ground.
Wheat planted anywhere regardless of the slowdown
(*after* we had a bucket and the ability to move water)

And the unmentionable chicken coop.

Episode 3: Are we mining with creepers, people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnWvKd4Yii4&index=3&list=PLFYVR-tqmunW3ku-t2nMH5aOWZ9t-PcIP

Title says it all.

Episode 4: Are we killing Kenny, people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvo62-L1bY&index=4&list=PLFYVR-tqmunW3ku-t2nMH5aOWZ9t-PcIP

Nuff said.

Episode 5: Are we placing torches, people?
I'm sorry, but an area with blocklight of zero? Fully dark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HpKlqeQ_l0&index=5&list=PLFYVR-tqmunW3ku-t2nMH5aOWZ9t-PcIP

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
With a break from Real Life, comes Episode 6 of Captive Minecraft 4: The Return of the Derp.

See Mobs. See Boxes. See mobs in and out of Boxes.
Climb Tree. Chop tree. Graphics let you see the tree.

Osha discusses the implication of safety with Undead Skeletons running around.
And remember, if you have a water leak, be sure to recheck your torches before the mobs do it for you.

Watch on YouTube

Reactions: Lethosos

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode X1 of Captive Minecraft 4.

Watch on YouTube
https://t.co/EQifgEzrF6

Outtakes, derpage, silly conversations.
Everything from skyblock map ideas, to what happens when an army of Red Dragons (fire-breathing) attack a D&D party where one person has fire immunity, but everyone else is vulnerable.

Special bonus: See me use dirt turning to grass as a timer/clock :). Yes, I was watching grass grow while we were talking.

Last edited: