rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
RHN, What kind of signs are you using? Like the one outside your security checkpoint, and the "Welcome" one. They don't look like information panels.
Its "Holographic Sign" from Matter Overdrive. So far just used the ones I have found in world gen structures.

M

Muaht

After seeing your work I deleted my own showcase thread (my world actually got corrupted so not really) but seriously, you're a very impressive builder and I don't mean that in the bored housewife way.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Did you ever figure out what you were going to do with your mob farms after the whole 128 block issue?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Did you ever figure out what you were going to do with your mob farms after the whole 128 block issue?
I am working on it ;) Not played much since that night.

I am also overdue with a new update. Will try and do that within the next few days.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
We both are long overdue for updates but I have been away mainly to health problems (and Fallout 4) but you're welcome to show what I have done if you feel up to it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As we left off last, I had just added the landing pads to the tower. Since then I have added an interior to the tower to match:
iM4eHpa.png

Still a lot of floors to go, but it is at least a start :p

Security checkpoints:
114dUrI.png

Some quick food for the travel and a souvenir shop:
E1K9rIS.png

To hook up with my various "outposts" in other dimensions, I have added a Matter Transporter setup to this transport hub:
wMayj4b.png

Using RFtools teleportation solution combined with the Screens to dial.

If you have time for a longer meal, there is also the option of the "Panorama Restaurant":
SlGR7yF.png

Do you have a reservation?
2FFDWkq.png

No? Well you can wait in the bar until a table is vacant:
OYzFzcy.png

Lounging area:
KkEGnPA.png

Tables:
GN5zxkz.png

And of course a kitchen:
vakIve2.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have also been working on the farm areas around the tower:
nOL2fVh.png

Part of it is dedicated to bees:
lRV6rny.png

All those cobble squares are placeholders for Alveearies(slowly making more). I probably wont put alvearies in all spots, but use some for various decorational stuff(like trees, field of flowers etc.).

The little pavilion is used to house various bee related stuff:
cv0XAOY.png

Like storage of bees and Genetics machines. I really dont mind Genetics, but have encountered a bug where Mutators for alvearies doesn't work. So crossbreeding is a PITA, as I am basically trying to breed the bees at base chances. Might "outsource" that part to Gendustry, although it hurts to have to do so.

Next to the bees I have planned out room for Forestry farms:
ReveM3V.png

Dont think I am going to need them all, but then I will just add some decoration stuff to them.

To process some of the farm produce, I built a little factory:
1ZVOpH3.png

So far it houses Ethanol production(for Genetics):
eZQmGtl.png

Stills to the left and a Fermenter to the right(inside the grinder).

Different angle:
IeRVz6m.png

Feeding in the plant parts.

I very recently started experimenting with some decoration of the roofed pathways around the farms:
QYzoeE2.png

Back in the bunker I have decorated the central hub a bit:
lTzdU3q.png

With the fake sky I thought it would be cool to have the lights change according to the time of day:
Ln1O814.png

So far it just turns off the outer ring of lights at night. The rest of the lights are kept on, so it just gives it a bit of atmosphere. Thought about having the lights gradually dim, but decided it was a waste of performance to have the light recalculate that often.

Different angle:
NAwwOz7.png

Ignore the NPC. I added him as temporary transport between bunker and tower. He is obsolete now that the flight hub/landing pads are done.

Slowly starting to decorate the corridors of the bunker too:
hYm7RRW.png

More on the bunker later as the work progress.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm liking the organization of your farming areas. I also like all your angled work. Must be a bit tricky to confine some setups to the areas/shapes you've allotted tho.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm liking the organization of your farming areas. I also like all your angled work. Must be a bit tricky to confine some setups to the areas/shapes you've allotted tho.
Yeah indeed. Many things just don't work diagonally. So have to do it some other way or avoid having to do it diagonally.

For example I simply could not get the roofed walkway to work on the diagonal part.

I also plan to just stick some trees, bushes, benches or whatever in the parts of the farm where I cannot fit anything else into.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta love all how you use different mods items (I.E. conveyor belts) instead of just using itemducts/conduits. Outside the box :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Gotta love all how you use different mods items (I.E. conveyor belts) instead of just using itemducts/conduits. Outside the box :)
Actually those are just for show :p Actually everything you can see is just cosmetic. The machines are being fed by ME->EnderIO conduits.

But just for giggles I did make it so it is possible to throw stuff in the pit and it will be taken to the Fermenter.

Reactions: PierceSG and JaRyCu

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Still :p it's that one piece that's always missing in a lot of builds (my own included). It doesn't have to be fully functional. Just give me the illusion it works :)

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Its not just the design but the sheer mass of your builds that astounds me, Often my builds are based off some features found in yours. My new one starting today will be the same! Keep up the good work!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Are you kidding me... I can barely keep 1 playthrough alive on here...
And you... you just keep on going and going and going... im jealous!
Gimme your powers(kidding you're way better then me).
Well still loving it!